Review Things I learnt about Footy in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. Take your North hat off for once.

It's how it should be.

It's ridiculous that teams earn home ground advantage through a whole season for it to be pissed away for the Gf.

AFL won't change as the $$ are too high, but it's complete bullshit and i've always thought that.

If I was a Crows supporter I'd ge pissed having to play on opposition home turf when they didn't earn it.

Fair enough but yeah nah we need to keep some tradition left in the Afl and every team knows to win the big one you need to travel or play at the home of football.

The best team on the day will win,have a look at how many interstate teams have won it. Richmond's home ground hasn't done them no favours in the last 30 years. We play one h/a game there a year and I'd still prefer the G every day of the week.

I get where you are coming from and you won't agree but that's cool.

So many things have changed with Afl and I'd like to keep a little bit of traditionan. I think interstate teams and supporters heading to Melb for the parade and G.F is fantastic and makes it interesting.

Fair enough but yeah nah we need to keep some tradition left in the Afl and every team knows to win the big one you need to travel or play at the home of football.

The best team on the day will win,have a look at how many interstate teams have won it. Richmond's home ground hasn't done them no favours in the last 30 years. We play one h/a game there a year and I'd still prefer the G every day of the week.

I get where you are coming from and you won't agree but that's cool.

So many things have changed with Afl and I'd like to keep a little bit of traditionan. I think interstate teams and supporters heading to Melb for the parade and G.F is fantastic and makes it interesting.

I know it's tradition but it's a tradition based on VFL upbringings.

It's AFL not just a Melb league. We rarely play at the "home of football" either ffs.

It's time to move on. Team finished first they should get home GF advantage, it's simple.

Yeah mate all good, don't have to agree, it's just discussion - as a non-Victorian it's time to move on and the MCG romance does not outweigh the blatant unfairness.

Absolutely. Take your North hat off for once.

It's how it should be.

It's ridiculous that teams earn home ground advantage through a whole season for it to be pissed away for the Gf.

AFL won't change as the $$ are too high, but it's complete bullshit and i've always thought that.

If I was a Crows supporter I'd be pissed having to play on opposition home turf when they didn't earn it.

Yeh no thanks.

Everyone knows Rd 1 each year what the deal is.

We played there once in 2017 didn't we?

Do we play our GF at at Docklands?

Do the Cats get to play in Geelong?

GWS at shitsville?

There are bigger issues than where the GF is played such as the flawed Draw.

Shai Bolton might be handy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't touch him till next year. Recruited 2016.
Managed by the Dustys manager.

Let's not go there please...

On a side note, next year I don't think we should go after any big names that involve giving up our first pick in the super draft.

Can't touch him till next year. Recruited 2016.
Managed by the Dustys manager.

Let's not go there please...

On a side note, next year I don't think we should go after any big names that involve giving up our first pick in the super draft.

Next year off limits already with our F/S Academy picks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know it's tradition but it's a tradition based on VFL upbringings.

It's AFL not just a Melb league. We rarely play at the "home of football" either ffs.

It's time to move on. Team finished first they should get home GF advantage, it's simple.

Yeah mate all good, don't have to agree, it's just discussion - as a non-Victorian it's time to move on and the MCG romance does not outweigh the blatant unfairness.
Could move the GF around to a different state each year....a la the NFL? But difference there though as the grounds are always the same size? (Ducks awaiting various thrown objects from Victorians)...

But also if you move it scrappily and stop the other side moving it at all you will beat GWs in a PF.
As long as you have umpires who will give you htb decisions when your team has the ball, deliberate out of bounds calls when the opposition has a player down the line or non-htb calls despite your player being swung 360 3 times before releasing.

That we've got some very god talent but they just need some luck on the injury front:

- EVW
- Clarke (interrupted pre-season)
- Nielson
- Pruess
- Wood
- Turner
- Hibberd
- McKay
- Simpkin

Not to mention injuries to mid-agers in:
- Jacobs
- Wright
- MacMillan

The only promising thing was garner got a whole year in for once. Long may it continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And since 1992....12 Interstate Teams have won at the MCG.
Gaso, not making fun like, Brisbane, GC, WC, Freo, PA, Adelaide, SS and GWS I get, but who are the other 4 interstate teams? :-D

If the Tugggers can make a grand final then i can win millions in the lotto.

I learned that we were opened up much more when building the team that took us to prelims that we were this year.

1 ten goal loss in a year when we cycled down.

We are in a better place than we were when Scott took over.

In all seriousness....what I truly learned this year after the ride of Kelly/Martin etc is that don't believe any garbage in the media at all.

I used to watch all the footy shows last year (except the Footy Show which I haven't watched for years) but this year I have not. The media make up more lies than anything as trade news makes them the most $$.

Although I had those views before, this year certainly confirmed it concretely for me and I won't be ever interested in watching or listening to all that garbage next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back