Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick question, how many people in the supermarket you are shopping in, do you think have the virus?

Honestly, 0.

Only 551 cases in WA with most classed as recovered by now. If I go to Coles or Bunnings or whatever I go along with the rules in place because the more people that don't the more rules that get imposed. With people being asymptomatic and limited testing it is possible that I will bump into someone in the shops who has COVID-19, but it's pretty unlikely. But I still try to go to the shops when it's quiet and keep my distance from people anyway, COVID-19 or otherwise. I don't want people coughing on me and screaming kids touching everything with their sticky hands.

I keep my distance where possible but i dont give a s**t if people come near me, the odds of someone in that supermarket having the virus are basically nil.

Its all a cosmetic thing these 4 people per isle or pack your own bags. Its just to look like shops are doing the right thing etc. I mean the whole packing your own bags - how does that do anything?
- i carry my shopping bags in
- i pick up items and put them into my trolley
- i put items onto the conveyor belt for the cash register person to scan
- they pick up item i have touched (and who knows how many other people have touched) and scan it then all of a sudden - 'pack you own bags, i dont want to get the virus'

The other day i was behind a man who had a full trolley and took for ever to pack his groceries, lines were massive everywhere.

Agree most of it is just PR. When restrictions were still ramping up rather than starting to ramp down businesses did what they could to stay open. 100 people, 20, 10... 2sqm per person etc. People feel comfortable seeing people clean the self serve tills and wipe down the shopping baskets, then walk around the shop touching everything that others have touched then touching their face, coughing/sneezing into their hands and touching stuff etc.

Me getting a burger and a pint in the beer garden is really not much different to me getting a take away burger and a growler from the same place then eating it at home but the whole reason they banned the former is so that if 100 people do the same thing and someone happens to have COVID-19 then they run the risk of a bunch of people all getting it and spreading it further.

Tom cruise only been in about 50 films seem very low.I thought he been in a hell of alot more.
He’d be doing a movie a year at this stage, wouldn’t have been much more than that as a leading man because the average film takes three to six months to put together. He’s been making films for just under 40 years. Kinda makes sense.

I know two people and know of a couple more. Not surprising is one is a tattoo artist (they're excluded imo as it's really a job requirement - same for rappers). The other is a wannabee tough guy who is a labourer. The other couple I know of are in Motorcycle Enthusiast Clubs.

Here?

The dad, who had face tattoos, was pushed up against a wall as police officers took charge of his two young children in a double pram.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The face tattoos themselves were weird from the photo too. Looks a bit like Dan from Accounts Receivable, only with a couple of face tats???

Here?

The dad, who had face tattoos, was pushed up against a wall as police officers took charge of his two young children in a double pram.
Apparently people who take kids, then refuse police directions, are “having their kids torn from their arms”.

(And the kids mum was there anyway.)

If you’re planning on starting trouble, it’s not responsible to take kids. Unless the idea is to give the cops no choice but to look like heartless campaigners on TV.

There are other ways to do that which don’t involve traumatizing your kids.

But this bloke doesn’t look like a stable person anyway:

“The man had been protesting coronavirus social distancing restrictions, vaccination and 5G mobile technology as radical conspiracy theories gain public support, spurred by misinformation spread on social media.”

Although, how did they know this was exactly what he was there for?

Apparently people who take kids, then refuse police directions, are “having their kids torn from their arms”.

If you’re planning on starting trouble, it’s not responsible to take kids. Unless the idea is to give the cops no choice but to look like heartless campaigners on TV.

“The man had been protesting coronavirus social distancing restrictions, vaccination and 5G mobile technology as radical conspiracy theories gain public support, spurred by misinformation spread on social media.”

Can you imagine actually wanting to be American and aping the idiotic behavior over there? Enjoy your universal healthcare dickheads.

Can you imagine actually wanting to be American and aping the idiotic behavior over there? Enjoy your universal healthcare dickheads.
These people seem like the functional mentally disturbed.

They aren’t quite right, but because they can feed themselves we can’t force them to seek treatment.

They fall into weird conspiracy groups, as their friends and family drift away due to their instability. The pandemic is the catalyst to send them over the edge.

i think that was part of the plan

Its certainly interesting how some aussies get worked up about USA politics, for recency sake their fervent support of trump like it directly affects them (you can sub trump for any other former president)

They aren’t quite right, but because they can feed themselves we can’t force them to seek treatment.

They fall into weird conspiracy groups, as their friends and family drift away due to their instability. The pandemic is the catalyst to send them over the edge.

The PC term as adopted by the afl is "mental illness"

I thought Lachy Hulme summed it up well.

Bingo.

OK, post-Pusey and related to fundraising for Police Legacy, I have joined some US law enforcement facebook groups with tens of thousands of members. Most of whom eat donuts, carry a bewildering variety of deadly weapons, and act with complete impunity. I am going to go away and spend an hour cutting'n'pasting some of the comedy gold that has taken over my fb feed. Except it isn't comedy gold. It's real. There's the odd dissenting voice, but that's it.

See y'all real soon now, y'heah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back