Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

two rich people airing their laundry in courts to make themselves look better.....lawyers love it, not sure why anyone else gives a s**t.

maybe a depp/heard thread so others dont need to hear about it?

I don't think Amber's lawyer will love it lol he's been embarrassing himself.

Not sure how firearms are going to defend people from drone strikes by a tyrannical government.

If the reasoning of securing individual sovereignty from an oppressive regime was actually to be realized then it would have to be updated to giving every American the right to keep a nuclear warhead in the basement for MAD against the government.

I don't think it's that bad, I was living over there when Columbine happened but I still never personally experienced any mass shootings or any gun violence so you would still have to be pretty unlucky to be caught up in something like that, although there is more chance of it living there than here.

Sadly it seems like schools are one of the most likely places there for people to be involved in a mass shooting, they're easy targets for nutjob gunmen.

The US is 10 or 12 times the size of Australia in population. Even accounting for them having a higher percentage of what we would deem fringe crazies there are hundreds of millions of relatively normal people there. But the frequency of mass shootings is out of control. In my lifetime I remember Port Arthur and the Christchurch shooting which was in NZ but the perpetrator was an Aussie and there is free movement anyway. Meanwhile I can rattle off Columbine, Sandy Hook, Orlando nightclub, Las Vegas etc. without even thinking about it. We have a couple of hundred homicides a year and most aren't gun related. They have 20,000 gun homicides alone. If you look up the stats the top 30 mass shootings (all 10+ deaths, *en 30 of them) they all involve semi-automatic weapons. And yet people still don't want to ban semi-automatic weapons, increase background checks etc. Madness.

The US is 10 or 12 times the size of Australia in population. Even accounting for them having a higher percentage of what we would deem fringe crazies there are hundreds of millions of relatively normal people there. But the frequency of mass shootings is out of control. In my lifetime I remember Port Arthur and the Christchurch shooting which was in NZ but the perpetrator was an Aussie and there is free movement anyway. Meanwhile I can rattle off Columbine, Sandy Hook, Orlando nightclub, Las Vegas etc. without even thinking about it. We have a couple of hundred homicides a year and most aren't gun related. They have 20,000 gun homicides alone. If you look up the stats the top 30 mass shootings (all 10+ deaths, ducken 30 of them) they all involve semi-automatic weapons. And yet people still don't want to ban semi-automatic weapons, increase background checks etc. Madness.
I don't understand why people don't grasp that basically every handgun is semi-automatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will never end. Idont know why people stay there. Just migrate to another country.

In fact, Australia should set up a humanitarian migration program targeting US families with young children to come here.
Other countries should follow.

It will never end. Idont know why people stay there. Just migrate to another country.

In fact, Australia should set up a humanitarian migration program targeting US families with young children to come here.
Other countries should follow.

I imagine the AFL and NBL might be supportive of such a thing

The US is 10 or 12 times the size of Australia in population. Even accounting for them having a higher percentage of what we would deem fringe crazies there are hundreds of millions of relatively normal people there. But the frequency of mass shootings is out of control. In my lifetime I remember Port Arthur and the Christchurch shooting which was in NZ but the perpetrator was an Aussie and there is free movement anyway. Meanwhile I can rattle off Columbine, Sandy Hook, Orlando nightclub, Las Vegas etc. without even thinking about it. We have a couple of hundred homicides a year and most aren't gun related. They have 20,000 gun homicides alone. If you look up the stats the top 30 mass shootings (all 10+ deaths, ducken 30 of them) they all involve semi-automatic weapons. And yet people still don't want to ban semi-automatic weapons, increase background checks etc. Madness.
73411fc8-e89b-42aa-a010-b9d420544e19_750x422.jpg

When the response from the US itself is "awwww thoughts and prayers" it really is hard to muster up more than a passing "happened again, those poor kids".

I know it wouldnt ever happen but id love a world leader to come out and say "It really part of your way of life so no thoughts and prayers, do something otherwise i wont bother discussing it, like getting a starbucks and some arbys for lunch".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back