Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

My first car was an XF Falcon and the petrol tank sat behind a spring loaded number plate... awesome, can go on any side.

Are people saying you should be able to park next to a bowser no matter what side your tank opens from and it can reach, or just certain service stations like Costco? Cos I had a bit of a look when filling up at the local servo and there's no effing way the hose would reach if the tank was on the other side. So why don't they all use extra long hoses?

That's up there with "Why doesn't anyone move their car out of the way after they've filled up and they go into pay, so another car can start filling up without waiting for them to come back out?"

A number of years back I did exactly this - I was 3rd (of 3) to get petrol, and by the time the pump finished, both spots in front were empty, and I had 4-5 cars behind me. I jumped back in the car, drove to a parking spot and walked back inside to pay whilst everyone else filtered through.

About two months later I received a summons in the mail for the unpaid fuel. Come court day I rock up early, was asked to fill in a written statement to present, and attached my bank statement showing I paid for fuel the same day at the same place. Judge still wanted to hear my story.

This station had a dozen claims to be processed that day, all seemingly the same format (security photos, unpaid invoices). I think I was the only one to turn up to challenge a claim. The owner spoke first and was literally foaming at the mouth, that I was stealing from his family, they couldn't afford to pay for their kids school, etc. He showed security photos of my car pulling up, getting petrol and then driving off (out of camera). As the footage kept rolling, it also showed me walking back into shot and enter the shop. I was called upon, the judge read my statement, looked at the bank statement for a fraction of a second and then asked if I had paid on the day. As soon as I confirmed yes, he dismissed their claim, and chewed out the owner for making incorrect/false claims.

makes it easy to write notes though

being forced to use right-handed implements my whole life has made me reasonably ambidextrous
Yeah same here, except for footy, I reckon I used my right foot maybe 3 times over 14 years

My brother was a cabinet maker and his boss always said to him he wouldn't hire a left handed as they would have to change the guards on tools and saws whenever they used them

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

My first car was an XF Falcon and the petrol tank sat behind a spring loaded number plate... awesome, can go on any side.

Are people saying you should be able to park next to a bowser no matter what side your tank opens from and it can reach, or just certain service stations like Costco? Cos I had a bit of a look when filling up at the local servo and there's no effing way the hose would reach if the tank was on the other side. So why don't they all use extra long hoses?

That's up there with "Why doesn't anyone move their car out of the way after they've filled up and they go into pay, so another car can start filling up without waiting for them to come back out?"
Only seen long hose at Costco; and you also pay at bowser so the second issue doesn’t exist.

I write with my right hand but when I played cricket batted left-handed.
I write and play tennis with my left hand, but do most other things right-handed or right-footed. So I wonder if maybe I was supposed to be a righty and accidentally ended up as a lefty.

I think I could probably develop true ambidexterity if I put a bit of effort into fixing my awful right-handed writing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I write and play tennis with my left hand, but do most other things right-handed or right-footed. So I wonder if maybe I was supposed to be a righty and accidentally ended up as a lefty.

I think I could probably develop true ambidexterity if I put a bit of effort into fixing my awful right-handed writing

Throw with left or right?

Im left for most things but bat in cricket/baseball etc right handed. Throw, kick footy, tennis etc all left handed.

mate of mine is the opposite, right handed for everything but batting/hitting he is left handed.

Throw with left or right?
Right-handed throw is stronger but I bowl a cricket ball with my left. Bat right-handed. Ride a snowboard/surfboard goofy. Kick a ball right footed.

I can't make any sense out of it and wonder if it's just a matter of whichever side I've spent the most time practicing with.

People lining up for petrol.
I do understand this. The other day they had petrol for $1.59 out near Devoncourt I think in SA. NEarly everywhere else was $2.09.

If you have a Patrol with 150L tank, that's $75

Ice Cream trucks being a viable business??? I did the math and I'm not sure if when the guy stopped he even had a customer. He would have had to be selling the cheapest soft serve possible, making $4 profit per cone. Even then I couldn't see a $500 turnover on one day. IF it's a second Job that's $300 after tax, less after operational costs.

divert to the things that shit me thread: Ice cream trucks, ****ing Green Sleeves tune sucks

A lady I work with is right handed but uses a computer mouse in her left because it's more comfortable for her. =/
I'm left handed and use the mouse in my right hand, means my left hand can be doing other things if need be.....

Geez that sounds dirty haha

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do understand this. The other day they had petrol for $1.59 out near Devoncourt I think in SA. NEarly everywhere else was $2.09.

If you have a Patrol with 150L tank, that's $75
So you line up for petrol because you choose to drive a very uneconomical vehicle? Kind of silly isn't it.

As I tell my school students, "To get you ready for the real world".
They never do the bit where people suck up to the boss, don't have to do their work, and are put in charge of others.

Damned schools turning out snowflakes!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back