Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

To be clear, I eat gluten, I have no intolerance nor coeliac.

I’ve just never read or heard anything suggesting it aids digestion, nor have I heard of any coeliac people needing any sort of digestive supplement to make up for whatever they may miss from not eating gluten.

I don’t really mind either way, I just doubt that a person cutting out gluten for any reason is going to be worse off.

Keto for example is mostly gluten free, haven’t heard anything about it causing digestive issues.
If you don’t get your macros right on keto and have too much fat you can get the squirts 😬

I grew up with a severe phobia of cheese, therefore don’t recall ever voluntarily eating cheese by itself.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Don't, I went once and sat on an exercise bike doing the Guardian crossword. It was a solid 5/10 experience but I've never felt the need to repeat it.
Agree
Very over rated places
I’ve only been a couple of times and felt like a fish out of water

All the mirrors wigged me out too
Very narcy vibe

Last edited:
It was just my irrational quirk growing up. Would always be on hyper alert whenever in the vicinity of cheese shudders the idea of being touched or contaminated by it, or being captive to the scent 🤮

I don’t recall being attacked by a cheese loving maniac lol. Remember being about 3yo and setting up mouse traps with my dad and nibbling a bait morsel of cheese and deciding god no and it developed from there.

not as bad nowadays, after all with age you tend to have more lifestyle control and forbearance, not sardined together with ubiquitous cheese lovers. Like I’ll buy cheese for others in the groceries even if I still get antsy.

As far as dietary though I’ve got one of those cast-iron black-hole stomachs. Will eat practically anything, never get sick. I’m more of a bin chicken or cockroach when it comes to food.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand how Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran are so popular either, I could only name maybe one or two of their hits each.

They still pack out stadiums though.

I can understand how Adele is so popular, she has at least half a dozen great hits and she is a great singer, I would go to see her.

I don't understand how Billie Eilish is popular.

Every time I hear one of her songs I have to change the station, it's depressing whispered s**t.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't understand how Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran are so popular either, I could only name maybe one or two of their hits each.

They still pack out stadiums though.

I can understand how Adele is so popular, she has at least half a dozen great hits and she is a great singer, I would go to see her.

Rinse and repeat with this boomer gear

Yeah, I mean we’ve never lived in a time where music is more easily accessible. No point worrying about music you don’t like, just listen to what you do.
Its also that we do this every 3 months without fail, its almost always about Taylor Swift too.

Not all music is for you (although Taylor in particular has about 85% of the world population as fans at this point) its just really, really boring.

I dont like PLENTY of extremely popular music from before my time, i dont like plenty of music from my time and i dont like plenty of music from now, its not revelatory is it.

Its also that we do this every 3 months without fail, its almost always about Taylor Swift too.

Not all music is for you (although Taylor in particular has about 85% of the world population as fans at this point) its just really, really boring.

I dont like PLENTY of extremely popular music from before my time, i dont like plenty of music from my time and i dont like plenty of music from now, its not revelatory is it.

I saw you’re a Swifty in the thread on here. I must say it surprises me how many blokes genuinely like her music and not just because she’s hot, each to their own of course.

Either way I’m a metal head so most think my taste in music is s**t, used to annoy me but I don’t care anymore.

I must say though that my opinion of Nickleback being absolutely shithouse is absolutely correct, and anyone who disagrees is wrong!

I saw you’re a Swifty in the thread on here. I must say it surprises me how many blokes genuinely like her music and not just because she’s hot, each to their own of course.

Either way I’m a metal head so most think my taste in music is s**t, used to annoy me but I don’t care anymore.

I must say though that my opinion of Nickleback being absolutely shithouse is absolutely correct, and anyone who disagrees is wrong!
I like a bunch of different genres to be fair.

My standard workout playlist has Slipknot, Taylor, Public Enemy, Sebastian Bohm, Rise Against, Rolling Stones, Straylight Run, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Harry Styles.

Im really digging on country music at the moment.

Its just real boring to be like "I dont get why hundreds of millions of people really like this insanely talented and wildly successful artists because i dont".

I don't understand how Billie Eilish is popular.

Every time I hear one of her songs I have to change the station, it's depressing whispered s**t.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree
It’s an indictment on the young people of today that they support such crap “ music” .

Funny thing happened a few years ago
We went to Groove in the Moo and Billie Emo was one of the headliner acts ( not sure how )

Anyway the first song in they lose power or something to their equipment for most of their set which was a blessing to my ears .

My theory is that one of the guys from Reguritator pulled the plug 😁

I like a bunch of different genres to be fair.

My standard workout playlist has Slipknot, Taylor, Public Enemy, Sebastian Bohm, Rise Against, Rolling Stones, Straylight Run, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Harry Styles.

Im really digging on country music at the moment.

Its just real boring to be like "I dont get why hundreds of millions of people really like this insanely talented and wildly successful artists because i dont".
If you haven't already give The Gilded Palace of Sin by the Flying Burrito Brothers a listen.

Agree
It’s an indictment on the young people of today that they support such crap “ music” .

Funny thing happened a few years ago
We went to Groove in the Moo and Billie Emo was one of the headliner acts ( not sure how )

Anyway the first song in they lose power or something to their equipment for most of their set which was a blessing to my ears .

My theory is that one of the guys from Reguritator pulled the plug 😁
Id argue its an indictment on old people that they dont have the self awareness to remember their old people saying the same thing but do carry on yelling at clouds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back