Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

For Taylor she knows her audience and makes music for them. She knows what sells. Obviously she is not making music aimed at middle aged men.

She's a smart business woman I will give her that and she is great at promoting herself including dating a lot of high profile men.

She never dates no name blokes that she met in a bar or off Tinder.

“I only know one song but I know she’s s**t”.

I never said she's s**t, I think her biggest and most well known hit is s**t, I'm not aware of any other better hits she has had.

If you want to aware me of them then I'm all ears.

I never said she's s**t, I think her biggest and most well known hit is s**t, I'm not aware of any other better hits she has had.

If you want to aware me of them then I'm all ears.

Your post

Shake it Off is the only Taylor Swift hit I know but it has all the lyrical and musical depth of a Wiggles song. maybe she has some other better songs but I'm not aware of them. She doesn't have the big string of hits Madonna had who was the Gen X version.

She doesn’t have the big string of hits?

She currently has 31 of the top 40 places on the billboard charts, by just about any metric she’s had more and bigger hits than Madonna (who is also an excellent artist).

No doubt they both have some talent but I just find it hard to understand why they are so insanely popular compared to other modern day female and male solo artists who I think are better than them in terms of the music they produce.

And here it is “I don’t understand why she’s so popular, even though I’ve by my own admission only really listened to one of her songs”.

I think a lot of people just follow the crowd and their concerts are events to be seen at rather than being big fans of their music.

I seriously doubt people are forking out $100s to fly interstate and go to her shows to follow the crowd.

Again

"I dont like" totally fine, even "I dont like, barely listened but not for me" fine.

"I dont get how anyone likes, even though ive listened to one song" pretty dumb.

If you wanna make a statement about a whole thing, its usually on you to educate yourself on a bit first.

At no point have i said you had to like something, but this.

Isnt that, its saying that anyone who likes it lacks taste.

Thats the difference.

As an example.

I dont like the Beatles, its not for me but they were talented and lots of people like them.

Pretty different to

The Beatles are s**t, and i dont understand how anyone likes them.
Fair enough
But Billie Eyelash is definitely s**t 🤣
Oh god here we go again
Don’t respond , I’m just being a Gen X dick 🤣

It's interesting scrolling on TikTok now and seeing a lot of teenagers and people in their early 20s romanticizing Limp Bizkit and Slipknot, when they were considered rap-rock/nu-metal dogshit in their day. I like both bands, but it's interesting to see bands that were once used as examples as the downfall of music now seen as "the good old days".
Nu Metal was just the divide between gen x and millennial metal fans largely

Korn, def tones, disturbed, slipknot were all great, the fact fred Durst got so big with limp bizkit is a travesty though
Dingster is a handsome man

Fair enough
But Billie Eyelash is definitely s**t 🤣
Oh god here we go again
Don’t respond , I’m just being a Gen X dick 🤣
Stop being a Bad Guy

Do people not understand how to parse opinion any more? I think it's perfectly fine for someone to say xx is s**t and for people to understand that's their opinion. It's even fine for them to think people who like that music have poor taste in music. Unless someone is making a comment on matters of fact, it's always an opinion.

For example...

Nah mate, Post Malone is s**t, sorry.
I think I get it 🤔

I like that chemical song

Nu Metal was just the divide between gen x and millennial metal fans largely

Korn, def tones, disturbed, slipknot were all great, the fact fred Durst got so big with limp bizkit is a travesty though

Dingster is a handsome man
Agreed, I love all those bands for what they were. I don't think I'd listen to Disturbed by choice these days, but Korn and Slipknot in particular have a lot of fun songs.

Agreed, I love all those bands for what they were. I don't think I'd listen to Disturbed by choice these days, but Korn and Slipknot in particular have a lot of fun songs.
I've seen all of them live and the best was Def Tones
Slipknot are fun but I prefer Stone Sour

Korn are genuinely good and the vibe at their shows is awesome

Disturbed have gone a little stadium rock bit cheesy, they were always cheesy but yeah

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked Korn's cover version of Word Up but it wasn't as good as Cameo's original version.

Me too, adore Madonna

Swifty isn’t remotely interesting to me personally but I’m happy for her fans

I’ve always enjoyed Korn, was a preteen during the height of nu-metal (and big beat). Untouchables was my fave album but they had a couple good ones.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back