Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Leg cramps at night
I had them about a month or 2 ago and still occasionally feel like ones about to explode

Had one where I swung out of bed leaned forward to ''fix it '' and woke up in the doorway with a lacerated pinky toe

Starting drinking the isotonic drinks in the late afternoon early evening and have been somewhat ok

Leg cramps at night

I had them about a month or 2 ago and still occasionally feel like ones about to explode

Had one where I swung out of bed leaned forward to ''fix it '' and woke up in the doorway with a lacerated pinky toe

Starting drinking the isotonic drinks in the late afternoon early evening and have been somewhat ok
Magnesium tablets daily.

Started looking at high schools for our eldest. We're only looking at public and the first one we went to, I honestly haven't the faintest idea how a run-of-the-mill local private school's facilities could possibly be THAT much better. I was blown away. Public schools have changed from when I was going through the system.

Realising that you sleep a particular way and they have pillows designed to keep your spine neutral so your back doesn’t get sore.

Needing to sleep with nasal strips.

Started looking at high schools for our eldest. We're only looking at public and the first one we went to, I honestly haven't the faintest idea how a run-of-the-mill local private school's facilities could possibly be THAT much better. I was blown away. Public schools have changed from when I was going through the system.
we've got multiple public high schools in the area and one of the more expensive private schools in the state

the quality of facilities across the schools varies quite significantly, as does the size of the school from a student perspective

but the facilities at the private school come nowhere close to the price tag, I think its more that its got no competition in the area with other private schools

Nasal strips? Tell me more.
I have a deviated septum (basically the wall in between my nostrils is hecked) and I sleep on my side, so because of my nasal issue when I lie on my left side, my left nostril blocks. Extremely annoying and the only way to unblock it is to roll onto my right side…and I’ll let you join the dots as to what happens then 🤦‍♀️

Nasal strips lift and dilate the nostrils and have increased my sleep health tenfold. No more mouth breathing (which in turn makes my mouth super dry at night which is also frustrating) and no more snoring! Revolutionary tbh. May not be a fix for everyone but sure works for me.

I have a deviated septum (basically the wall in between my nostrils is hecked) and I sleep on my side, so because of my nasal issue when I lie on my left side, my left nostril blocks. Extremely annoying and the only way to unblock it is to roll onto my right side…and I’ll let you join the dots as to what happens then 🤦‍♀️

Nasal strips lift and dilate the nostrils and have increased my sleep health tenfold. No more mouth breathing (which in turn makes my mouth super dry at night which is also frustrating) and no more snoring! Revolutionary tbh. May not be a fix for everyone but sure works for me.
Thanks! I haven’t got that kind of problem but falling asleep I have to lie on my left side as for some reason my left nostril blocks if I lie on my right side… However, when I wake up in the morning I’m always lying on my right side and breathing is ok. Go figure 🥴

Thanks! I haven’t got that kind of problem but falling asleep I have to lie on my left side as for some reason my left nostril blocks if I lie on my right side… However, when I wake up in the morning I’m always lying on my right side and breathing is ok. Go figure 🥴
Confused Thinking GIF

Realising that you sleep a particular way and they have pillows designed to keep your spine neutral so your back doesn’t get sore.

Needing to sleep with nasal strips.
I used to wear them, I was having trouble breathing at night, wake up choking, that is scary, I thought I had sleep apnea, they worked a treat, once I found out my heart was causing my breathing issues and I started taking medication for it, I haven't needed them, wife even said I stopped snoring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to wear them, I was having trouble breathing at night, wake up choking, that is scary, I thought I had sleep apnea, they worked a treat, once I found out my heart was causing my breathing issues and I started taking medication for it, I haven't needed them, wife even said I stopped snoring
That’s scary as! Glad you got to the bottom of it, you must feel a million times better now

we've got multiple public high schools in the area and one of the more expensive private schools in the state

the quality of facilities across the schools varies quite significantly, as does the size of the school from a student perspective

but the facilities at the private school come nowhere close to the price tag, I think its more that its got no competition in the area with other private schools
We took our kids out of our towns il school to the private school in the next town and it was the best move for their education and mental health. Unfortunately our local school is full of low socioeconomic families, the teachers have no passion and the subjects available to yr 11 and 12 kids aren’t as good as other schools. The private school had really enthusiastic teachers that are completely invested in the students and that made a huge difference especially to my son who decided to become a teacher because of the school. I’m sure it’s different everywhere, I loved my public school.

Turned up on my Twitter, great tune.

Ahh that felt good - if you dont tap your toes or hands you are dead

Speaking of dead and old

Both original Waite boys are dead

Patrick bass guitar in 1993 aged 24
Freddie drummer 2023 aged 55

our local school is full of low socioeconomic families, the teachers have no passion and the subjects available to yr 11 and 12 kids aren’t as good as other schools. The private school had really enthusiastic teachers that are completely invested in the students and that made a huge difference especially to my son who decided to become a teacher because of the school. I’m sure it’s different everywhere, I loved my public school.

I was educated in a 'low socio-economic' high school. We had the same subjects as most other schools I would've thought. It's not like a school can drop Maths or English or actual important stuff...

And we had enthusiastic teachers. In fact I decided to become a teacher after matriculating though I discovered only 6 months later it was a default decision as I still didn't really know what I wanted to be 'when I grew up'.

Anyway - 10 years later I was earning more than a teacher and didn't have to deal with parent/teacher nights or other (unpaid) out-of-hours activities.

I was educated in a 'low socio-economic' high school. We had the same subjects as most other schools I would've thought. It's not like a school can drop Maths or English or actual important stuff...

And we had enthusiastic teachers. In fact I decided to become a teacher after matriculating though I discovered only 6 months later it was a default decision as I still didn't really know what I wanted to be 'when I grew up'.

Anyway - 10 years later I was earning more than a teacher and didn't have to deal with parent/teacher nights or other (unpaid) out-of-hours activities.
Yeah I wasn’t trying to pin point the issue with being a low socioeconomic problem and as you’ve pointed out you’ve had a good experience with the public system. We and many other parents were just not happy with the quality of teaching and the ability of the school to get the best out of our kids. My son is now on a teaching placement in a public school and is enjoying it. A great teacher can make all the difference and that’s what we found at private school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back