Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving all the aurora photos. Stunning
It was awesome and we’re extremely lucky it wasn’t a lot stronger otherwise it would have been devastating to satellites and electrical equipment.

It’s still happening right now according to the app, however it can change quickly. The app is suggesting people in Tasmania should see it this evening at this stage.

Can I please ask what is the app your using?

Digital Licenses now available in Victoria. Goodbye to the last remaining hold out of a physical wallet.
Shame it has to be a separate app instead of being in the Apple/Google wallet (although putting everything into an app controlled by any of FAANG has its own issues)

Now I just wish it was possible to do away with proximity card readers for doors etc

Digital Licenses now available in Victoria. Goodbye to the last remaining hold out of a physical wallet.
i dont know that giving your unlocked phone to a cop for an ID check is that good of an idea personally

i dont know that giving your unlocked phone to a cop for an ID check is that good of an idea personally
You don't need too and they are pretty clear in their warnings on the website.

"Do I need to hand over my phone when my licence is being checked?

No. If someone needs to check your licence, you don’t need to hand them your phone.Just tilt your screen towards them to show the details on your screen, or the QR code for them to scan. In the myVicRoads app, you can enlarge the code by tapping on it if you need to or pull down to refresh the screen. Always ensure you maintain control of your device and only let the verifier view your details or scan the QR code."

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/digital-driver-licence

You don't need too and they are pretty clear in their warnings on the website.

"Do I need to hand over my phone when my licence is being checked?

No. If someone needs to check your licence, you don’t need to hand them your phone.Just tilt your screen towards them to show the details on your screen, or the QR code for them to scan. In the myVicRoads app, you can enlarge the code by tapping on it if you need to or pull down to refresh the screen. Always ensure you maintain control of your device and only let the verifier view your details or scan the QR code."

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/digital-driver-licence
yes but that wont stop cops saying they need to take it back to the car or whatever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or lying about it being the law that you have to hand over the phone.
I don't want the cops finding out I'm a BF mod and putting me on a watch list

Who says you aren't already?
Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

"Can i touch my phone officer?"
"sure"
"Here you go officer"
"That'll be a $500 fine for touching your phone behind the wheel, punk"
Remember when they said they could fine you for paying with your phone in maccas drive thru

Good times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back