Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

My sister did one of the Ancestry DNA tests. I've been wanting to do one for years but could never bring myself to fork out the money for it. Her reasoning leaves a bit to be desired, though. We know we have Swedish ancestry on my dad's side and ever since he watched Vikings he says he is a Viking.

Sister: "Dad won't stop saying he is a Viking so I did it to prove him wrong."

Me: "You paid $150 to prove wrong something we know is 100% fact."

Sister: "I had been drinking and it seemed like a good idea at the time."

My sister did one of the Ancestry DNA tests. I've been wanting to do one for years but could never bring myself to fork out the money for it. Her reasoning leaves a bit to be desired, though. We know we have Swedish ancestry on my dad's side and ever since he watched Vikings he says he is a Viking.

Give it a few months and the North Koreans will have stolen the test results from the database of whatever service she used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only having wasted $150 is probably the best outcome you could have hoped for.

There are plenty of horror stories on Reddit of people finding out they were adopted, that their father isn't actually their father, that they have a whole heap of previously unknown half siblings etc based on one of those DNA tests

Or one of your relations has committed a crime and the plod come kicking your door down to see what you know.

And its happening here, too.

Or one of your relations has committed a crime and the plod come kicking your door down to see what you know.

And its happening here, too.

It's good if it can solve crimes and identify bodies, but it's a Pandora's Box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back