Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Sent my apple watch to apple to be looked at, was a month out of the warranty period. Three months later a new replacement at no cost, very happy.

Getting a job interview! We're back in the high life

Had a nice chat with a recruiter, who I probably should have spoken with a bit earlier.

Funny enough, the last three times i have had a job interview, I have had a specific restaurant booked and got a rejection just before the booking! Serendipitous

Getting another job interview! Instead of with a bullshit recruiter, it's with a real company :thumbsu:

Also, that restaurant i always book around interview has burnt down, so maybe the demons of my past have been exorcised???

The Melbourne Cricket Ground, the ground named after the sport cricket, where most commonly you see games of football
Just like the Sydney Opera House had 1600 performances in 2023, where only 51 were operatic. Bit of a misnomer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and my partner watched Wake In Fright for the first time last night and loved it. It's so bizarre to see the incredible films made in Australia in the 20th Century in comparison to the crap, Z grade stuff being made here today.

Me and my partner watched Wake In Fright for the first time last night and loved it. It's so bizarre to see the incredible films made in Australia in the 20th Century in comparison to the crap, Z grade stuff being made here today.
You ever seen Hercules Returns?

Just like the Sydney Opera House had 1600 performances in 2023, where only 51 were operatic. Bit of a misnomer.
Just Jeans doesn't just sell jeans

Did a u-turn at an intersection in St Kilda a month or so ago and the camera flashed so I figured there was a fine on the way. Given they're usually issued with 14 days of the offence hopefully that means I'm in the clear :D

Getting another job interview! Instead of with a bullshit recruiter, it's with a real company :thumbsu:

Also, that restaurant i always book around interview has burnt down, so maybe the demons of my past have been exorcised???

So this was scheduled for 20 minutes. It went well. Too well.

It may be happening...

Notwithstanding various burns and knife injuries, I'm enjoying getting back into the habit of cooking. I'm really good at it.

mate go buy some of these

I didn't even know they were a thing! I kind of assumed that any glove strong enough to prevent cuts wouldn't give you the dexterity you need for cooking. There's a Kitchen Warehouse near me, I might have to check it out next time I'm nearby - I've always been clumsy as ****, my hands are covered in scars.

I didn't even know they were a thing! I kind of assumed that any glove strong enough to prevent cuts wouldn't give you the dexterity you need for cooking. There's a Kitchen Warehouse near me, I might have to check it out next time I'm nearby - I've always been clumsy as *, my hands are covered in scars.
nothing better than being in a kitchen cooking
do what you can to make it enjoyable and safe

for me thats making sure everyone else stays the **** out of the kitchen when i am in it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back