Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Our local supermarket opens at 7:30am every day but 8am on Sundays apparently. So I’m waiting in the car to buy some peppercorns, FML
Weird item to be buying first thing in the morning

Our local supermarket opens at 7:30am every day but 8am on Sundays apparently. So I’m waiting in the car to buy some peppercorns, FML
You need to plan better, mate.

Look at me, I never learned to cook much so I don't end up at the shops at 8am Sunday getting ingredients.

Think About It GIF by Identity

When I lived in Adelaide the supermarkets opened at 11am on Sundays. People legit lined up like it was boxing day sales. You go once because you needed to get something, never again.

When I lived in Adelaide the supermarkets opened at 11am on Sundays. People legit lined up like it was boxing day sales. You go once because you needed to get something, never again.

I had to pop into Coles on my way to work one morning and was blown away by the queue waiting to get in.

Would be much easier if they just rocked up at 8.10

Yum, love brisket, post pics
Wrapped in foil and a towel and into the esky, love it when I have a few hours to rest it.
IMG_4772.jpeg

I’ve spent a bit of time over there and yes I couldn’t believe the 11am opening, this was probably only 5 years ago too, wonder if it’s still the case?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It used to be half day Saturday and then everything shut until Monday morning.

It used to be half day Saturday and then everything shut until Monday morning.
It was the same in Melbourne until the mid to late 80's.

My mate who immigrated from Argentina in the 80's tells me how the arrived on a Sunday. The first thing they did was head into the city to see what was going. They were shocked to find not much at all as mostly everything was closed.

I’m never up early enough to worry about opening times, but my closest Woolies closes 10pm weekdays and 9pm weekend, see a few people there between 9-10 on a weekend walking up to the door.

Closest Coles used to be 11pm weekdays, 10pm weekends, but now just shuts at 9pm every night, that pisses me off!

Before I moved earlier in the year, my local IGA closed at 6pm on weeknights and early afternoons on weekends, more than a few people in the town had conniptions over it

My local Dan's closes at 7.55pm which is supremely irritating
You need to plan better.

Look at me, I have bulk sherry hidden around the house so I never need to rush to Dan's late at night.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back