Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no. People are on their soap box anyway. It is what social media is. But at least in this case it is for something significant no matter your perspective. Not many people alive today have lived through the world shutting down.
Imagine the nauseating inspirational quotes all over social media when its all over. * me. "Its always darkest before the dawn" type of s**t we've heard a million times, but people will try and pass off as their original work. 🤮

How much does the weekend suck without footy? Not so much now but once winter hits it really will.

It sucks now, it's like we're having another off season except it's worse as there is no other sport to help fill in for the lack of footy.

Hopefully the season gets up back up and running by winter but even if it does it will probably be without crowds.

Bigpond movies airing new releases - $30 a pop. More expensive than going to the cinema.

ettv.to airing new releases too.

Speaking of WTF ripoffs: WWE went ahead with Wrestlemania and the usual PPV of USD$60 for the whole event. But it wasn't live, it was pre-recorded the previous weekend.

What are your thoughts on paying to watch something live, vs paying the same amount to watch the same show but it isn't live?

Neighbours are having a party.

Good on them.

I'm spewing my sister in law is pregnant otherwise I'd go around for a beer. (They've been told they won't be able to take their new born home for 2 weeks if either of them get the virus)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

71c3931c1edc4353a0c03ec549753b965872a2c343c09255617f4470cbd924ed.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah exactly but probably dont need to have a day off for it

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why not? If you're a parent a midweek sickie might be the only alone time you get.

How much does the weekend suck without footy? Not so much now but once winter hits it really will.
I'm still working so the weekend is good footy or no footy

Bigpond movies airing new releases - $30 a pop. More expensive than going to the cinema.
For a single person yeah, maybe not if you get the popcorn though.
For two or more people it's not bad

Neighbours are having a party.
You better call the party police then.

J996ePI.gif

Black pudding at Coles no longer available. Woolworths or iga near us don't have any. Coles one was delicious, now have to pay almost twice the price at the butcher next to coles for a product not as good (they do have white pudding though so will get both). No-where else local has it.

Even the old school don black pudding I can't find anywhere.

Black pudding at Coles no longer available. Woolworths or iga near us don't have any. Coles one was delicious, now have to pay almost twice the price at the butcher next to coles for a product not as good (they do have white pudding though so will get both). No-where else local has it.

Even the old school don black pudding I can't find anywhere.

thumb_create-meme-tipt-tipt-meme-girl-crying-girl-50310996.png

Why not? If you're a parent a midweek sickie might be the only alone time you get.

I'm still working so the weekend is good footy or no footy

The team I manage has a few parents in there and I really do feel for them. We’ve been working from home for two weeks and I’ve tried to focus on the positives (I’m still employed when mates have been made redundant/taken huge pay cuts, I’m healthy) but there has already been one day where I just got in my own head and needed a break. I can only imagine what it’s like for people with children who can’t just “switch off” for a day.

FWIW I think the rise in prominence of the term “mental health” is a massive positive as we don’t look at doing things to maintain our mental health with the stigma we used to.

The idea of counselling or therapy used to be for crazy people, now it’s par for the course. Same as you exercise and eat healthy for your wellbeing you take a day or meditate or whatever for your mental health.

Having said all of that there is a very delicate line between those who truly need that time and use it properly to those who are “taking the piss”.

The team I manage has a few parents in there and I really do feel for them. We’ve been working from home for two weeks and I’ve tried to focus on the positives (I’m still employed when mates have been made redundant/taken huge pay cuts, I’m healthy) but there has already been one day where I just got in my own head and needed a break. I can only imagine what it’s like for people with children who can’t just “switch off” for a day.

FWIW I think the rise in prominence of the term “mental health” is a massive positive as we don’t look at doing things to maintain our mental health with the stigma we used to.

The idea of counselling or therapy used to be for crazy people, now it’s par for the course. Same as you exercise and eat healthy for your wellbeing you take a day or meditate or whatever for your mental health.

Having said all of that there is a very delicate line between those who truly need that time and use it properly to those who are “taking the piss”.

I liek your post. Well written and provides good points.

Removing the stigma is good. But there are consequences. As you said, it's abused and used to remove person from responsibility for their actions. Or taking the piss. The great aussie tradition of taking a sickie maybe replaced with mental health day.

Supermarket shopping is a nightmare.

Stuck behind a woman spending two minutes deciding which milk she wants and blocking anyone else from getting to the cabinet with her trolley. Just take the one you usually get and move on biatch.

Then you get to the freezer section and there is another woman just blocking the freezer doors with her trolley while she casually texts a friend. Just get what you need and leave FFS. How hard is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back