Opinion Things to look forward to in Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Max King - Haven't been this hyped for a player since a young Roo. no pressure son.
2. Brad Hill - Best wingman in the game arguably with Gaff. Excited to see him roam the Marvel turf.
3. Hunter Clark - Backend of 2019 was exciting to watch, really gained confidence & heres hoping he can continue that form in 2020
4. Zac Jones - Love his physical nature & speed - really think he will add to our midfield group as he offers something different
5. Nick Coffield - Huge fan of the Coff, think he is all class. Really hope he can cement his position at half-back him and Roberton delivering the ball from d50:hearteyes:
Also think King - Bytel - Coffield will make a very good leadership group as they develop

Is that inside word or observation Mowman?
No just an observation

King - if his knees hold up will be something special and seems to have head screwed on right

Bytel - been lots of talk about his maturity and leadership in U/18 footy

Coffield - Same as Bytel

Last edited:
I look forward to the 'Left Field' smokie that emerges out of the 'primordial' pool of players. That one player that shakes off the supposed limitations

apportioned him by footy critics, experts and all round know-it-alls alike. The meek gem that blows the rest of the boys away with his hunger, excellence and talent.

The unexpected least identified, rises triumphant , snatches and cements himself as yet another star. I guess that's the dream that makes me yearn for this season of 2020........and he's there and I cant wait to see his story become part of our emergence as a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
We need some leadship material coming through. The nice guy policy didn't lend it's self to the leader types.
MAYO's your man....leader of the future....said it 8 months ago i believe...once he breaks out this year or next ...then from here to the County of the same name all you'll here is MAYO, MAYO, MAYO FOR MAYOR.......well at least in the seniors I hope!!!!:D

Last edited:
Bytel and Byrnes starting half a dozen games through the year.

Both hyped, both fell in the draft, both have an opportunity to really mould this midfield over the next decade.

Coffield - 20 yo/18 games
Jones - 25/90
Gresham - 22/81
Dunstan - 25/103
Steele - 24/78
Clark - 21/29
Billings - 24.5/107
Sinclair - 25/86

That's a pretty significant core midfield all 25yo or under. Bytel and Byrnes to debut with Lonie, Dmac, Paton and Phillips on the fringe also. Butler and Long can get up the ground.

Exciting!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back