Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't try it on this bloke

Big_Boss_Man_bio.jpg
Well Ray above is dead so youd prob win

When I see a cop in public I always assess whether I'd have any luck unholstering their gun and shooting them, or whether they'd get me
Ive always ALWAYS thought i could get on the G clear across the ground, up the race, out the gate and into the city without getting caught at sporting events.

Never keen to try it cause if im wrong im ****ed.

I reckon he would have half a chance, have you seen the average security guard it's like being 20+ kgs overweight is a job requirement.
It's not that, it's that he'd be outnumbered 100-1 and they have comms explaining where he's headed. They're also all over the ground to cut him off/surround

I'd set odds at 1000-1. Happy to take bets the weekend Phantom tries it

I'd give him half a chance.. on non-event days while doing the MCG tour.
Some teenage kid actually did that albeit it was just at a state OD cricket game though with barely anyone there. Ran across the G and couple of security plodders tried to tackle him but he just casually sidesteps them lol, then jumps the fence and up the race out of the ground.

It's not that, it's that he'd be outnumbered 100-1 and they have comms explaining where he's headed. They're also all over the ground to cut him off/surround

I'd set odds at 1000-1. Happy to take bets the weekend Phantom tries it
Maybe not get caught at all but jumping the fence on one wing and then getting to the other side and touching the fence would be possible!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the $$$ penalty these days for a ground invasion??

Like 5k?
Just found a tweet from 2021 mentioning the fine is an oddly specific $9,913.20. Probably gone up in price too over the last year.

Probably be totally wrong but I thought when they actually go to court they only end up getting a fraction of that.
At each venue you'll face fines of up to $5500 for any unauthorised entry to the field of play. At some venues security can exercise powers normally only available to police. Not only can they lawfully demand the name and address of anyone running onto the field.

I don't understand how they can ban fans for life from attending games.

As in surely you can just get in G.A and walk in past sleepy gate people.

There isn't WANTED posters up

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well thanks for putting my mind at ease re. banning that lunatic who wanted to blow up the MCG cheers :thumbsupv1:

Well thanks for putting my mind at ease re. banning that lunatic who wanted to blow up the MCG cheers :thumbsupv1:
The funnier part about that ban was as if someone intent on blowing the joint to bits cares they're banned in the first place

Oh damn, I was going to commit this heinous crime but they won't let me in!!

If the guards on the far opposite of where u start from try to head you off say two thirds of the way across and you manage to put a Lenny Hayes side step on em and get to the fence and get over it ya home imo
Have some mates situated on route of the exit path who could accidentally block some extra staff if they come at you on the concourse before the exit.
Get given a diff coloured jacket and a hat on route

I reckon ya in with a chance if you're confident about your pace and fitness and it's not slippery

Or

celebrate premier league GIF by BBC

I don't understand how they can ban fans for life from attending games.

As in surely you can just get in G.A and walk in past sleepy gate people.

There isn't WANTED posters up

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
IIRC for those who remember the crazy scenes at the Melbourne A-League Derby before Christmas 2022, many of the people who invaded the pitch, including the guy who threw the metal bucket that hit the Melbourne City goalkeeper in the head, were at the time "banned" from attending A-League games.

Outside of face recognition technology or similar, there's not much that you could do to stop someone who is banned from getting into a sporting event (especially one where tickets are freely available, not sold-out) if they're really determined to, however if they're caught, they should be open to further charges for trespassing and if they do anything while banned that would have caused them to be thrown out, ultimately there should be the possibility of being locked up, sort of like someone who continues to drive while unlicensed / disqualified. And if they go in on someone else's ticket, then that person should be in deep poop too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back