Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

as in only cold water or what you determine 'cold' shower?

Went for a run yesterday in 30 degree heat and had a pretty cool shower afterwards, 5 mins later was still sweating
Usually depends either a 30 second blast of just cold at the end or lactic style. If it’s a proper shower I’ll usually just do hot.

In hindsight my original post is basically a lie.

The blessing of living in a house built in the 70s, electric everything!! We had to write essays on how it impacted us.. I had three words I wasn't affected.
To run an all electric house would have cost a bomb until recently when connection fees out stripped usage fees
Most Victorian houses would have had gas heating gas hot water and a gas stove .....then Jeff privatised it and electricity

You just wouldn't have gas today
Connection costs for 2 utility types is a waste of money and electric reverse cycle heating is more efficient and so is induction cooking and solar hot water add a few panels and gas is finished as an affordable fuel....except in a Sqomo planphlet for the gas led recovery post Covid

To run an all electric house would have cost a bomb until recently when connection fees out stripped usage fees
Most Victorian houses would have had gas heating gas hot water and a gas stove .....then Jeff privatised it and electricity

Connection costs for 2 utility types is a waste of money and electric reverse cycle heating is more efficient and so is induction cooking and solar hot water add a few panels and gas is finished as an affordable fuel....except in a Sqomo planphlet for the gas led recovery post Covid
ive changed to electric almost everything now. just my HWS left which when it blows up (due anytime now as its 10 years old and ive jinxed it), im moving to electric and will get my gas meter shut down and not pay monthly supply charge nor usage fees obviously.

ive changed to electric almost everything now. just my HWS left which when it blows up (due anytime now as its 10 years old and ive jinxed it), im moving to electric and will get my gas meter shut down and not pay monthly supply charge nor usage fees obviously.
Yeah just a pain when the power goes out.

Actually in a mostly gas house now well in terms of hot water. Still have an electric stove and oven. So polar opposite last year when most of the state was without power after that bad wind storm.... (August-ish?? I had to eat Rambo style).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Electric heat pump is good.

😯 my induction is the absolute best thing i have ever had appliance wise in 25 years of owning kitchens/houses
I'm considering changing my cooktop from electric to induction. Probably a 2022 project - it's not as expensive as I thought it would be

I'm considering changing my cooktop from electric to induction. Probably a 2022 project - it's not as expensive as I thought it would be
They have got cheaper and if its just old electric for new induction same size its pretty quick and easy a few hundred to the sparky

Then its off to Aldi to replace your fry pans
looking for this on everything
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back