Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

Burns in regardless, can replace Finch next test if necessary then Finch back in for Handscomb.

Otherwise if Finch is ok the Burns straight in for Handscomb.

Burns for Finch
Stoinis for Handscomb (can't have so many left handers given Ashwin's record against them). Can't think of any other right handers deserving.

Burns for Finch
Stoinis for Handscomb (can't have so many left handers given Ashwin's record against them). Can't think of any other right handers deserving.

Why are we going for an all rounder? Haven’t we got it through our thick brains that we don’t need one.

I’m not sold on him but I’d give Wade a chance probably. I’d look at Patterson, Laubashgne and possibly Maxwell. Burns some chance.

Shane Warne really loves Stoinis doesn’t he. Personally I think he’s overrated but we may actually need an all rounder on the docile MCG pitch.

If I had to pick purely batsmen I’d go Daniel Hughes in for Finch and Burns for Handscomb. I prefer Burns in the middle order.

Jeeze you're a nuffie.
Well what'ya know. Ussie the only one so far showing some grit. LMAO indeed ey?
I expect this level of stupid from Kram, he's a muppet, best you not join him Demon.
Not really. Was our best basin the UAE, and we don't have anyone else that is better. I actually think he's playing half fit anyway due to his knee.
That he was.
Should be in the side, just not an ideal no.3 but options are limited.
Burns for Finch
corbies was right earlier, funny to bone Handscomb for technical deficiencies then in the same breath replace him with Burns. He's just as flawed.
Wade purely for the weight of runs he's scored and that he's been batting well for Tassie in the midst of collapses (which we'll see in this side). As good a choice as a pedestrian allrounder, and has some grit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, if the alternatives are Patterson, Lasange, Maxwell - may as well go Stoinis really...
Genuine question, has his form for WA really spiked up massively?
Spent 18 months bemoaning his selection for Victoria, was truly rubbish for us.

Well what'ya know. Ussie the only one so far showing some grit. LMAO indeed ey?
I expect this level of stupid from Kram, he's a muppet, best you not join him Demon.

That he was.
Should be in the side, just not an ideal no.3 but options are limited.

corbies was right earlier, funny to bone Handscomb for technical deficiencies then in the same breath replace him with Burns. He's just as flawed.
Wade purely for the weight of runs he's scored and that he's been batting well for Tassie in the midst of collapses (which we'll see in this side). As good a choice as a pedestrian allrounder, and has some grit.
I'm bringing Burns in as an opener, unless you'd prefer Nick Larkin. Wade deserves a go but we have too many lefties already. Stoinis is averaging 43 with the bat (15th highest, 10th highest of those who've played 4 or more games) and has 10 wickets at 25 with the ball this season. The cupboard is bare mate

This must have hurt to write :D
Bite me :p
I'm bringing Burns in as an opener, unless you'd prefer Nick Larkin. Wade deserves a go but we have too many lefties already. Stoinis is averaging 43 with the bat (15th highest, 10th highest of those who've played 4 or more games) and has 10 wickets at 25 with the ball this season. The cupboard is bare mate
I gathered that.
Just found it amusing Handscomb is in the gun for his deficiencies yet Burns is among the shortlist to replace Finch (should he miss), and the deficiencies are just as big, but Renshaw is in a funk, WA and SA top order is rubbish, Dean nigh on should be dropped so the other options are the NSW duo of Larkin or Hughes.

FWIW I'd do two things depending on Finch's availability.

Out: Then Finch becomes Burns through nothing more than a lack of options. Handscomb becomes Wade.
In: Finch moves to 5 with Burns in. Marsh makes way. Wade still comes in for Handscomb

So essentially in my mind Finch's finger decides whether or not we retire Shaun Marsh for good.
Stoinis as a test player is simply unpalatable to me.

Daniel Hughes anyone? Kurtis Patterson? Stop going with the tried and tested or the unproven at shield level.

Harris
Hughes
Khawaja
S. Marsh
Head
Patterson
then the obvious

Hughes replacing Finch seems pretty clear cut to me. What am I missing?

Inconsistent though, and he's a typical average 30 type, would he be really much better than the current options? Not convinced.

Only a ‘little’ better? How about we go with that then

Exactly and on a flat MCG pitch we need to put up 450+...not that it will happen anyway and we'll get flogged by an innings as Kholi will make 150+ and I shudder to think how many Pujara will make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back