Tim Fleming

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
After seeing Tim Fleming play again on Friday night, i'm convinced (like i was last season) he cannot play and I dont know why we continue to give him a game. He looks absolutely lost on the field.

duh ?

eh Froars !

Fleming:

Goes in hard.
Takes care of opponents.
Tops at hard ball gets.
Good hands
Marks strongly.
His disposal by foot is not perfect but I guess that's why we can actually fit him under our salary cap.

Go Flemmo.

:D

Originally posted by froars
Leave Timmy alone- he has more heart (even if he's hopeless) than the lot of them.

Fair enough but unfortunately, heart alone doesnt get teams very far in this competition. We have a few players with plenty of heart but when it comes down to it, it's ability and skills that make a footballer. Duncan Kellaway has more heart than anyone else and no one could question his courage but his lack of skills kills us more times than not.

I hope flemming proves me wrong.

Flemming has a go.
Not sacred but not overly skilled either.

Opposition players would be aware of his presence when going
for the "blind" ball which imo is a workable tactic.

Its Billy Nicholls that worries me.

Its Billy Nicholls that worries me.

I will drink to that, Nicholls has gotta go and i think that hyde does to at the end of the year. Hyde has been on the list for a long time and cant cope with afl level so im sorry mate.

Anyway regarding fleming he is an absoulote gem. I believe his kicking is alrite and he has penetration which is a good thing.

Just like to say on friday night how disiplained did weller and morrison seem coming from brisbane there attitude was perfect and their accuracy isnt bad especially weller kickin the ball 60m onto the chest of players very good pickup IMO

I think there'll obviously be another big cleanout at the end of this seaon;

rogers
kellaway
nicholls
flemming
pettifer
hilton
hyde

I just cant cop us repeatedly playing guys who cant cut it. Flemming and nicholls in particular cannot cut it and we should just play the kids (roach, raines) consistently this year.
Like I said, flemming has courage but I cringed when he decked riewoldt last year. Undisciplined play.

You may be able to get away with heart against the Dogs in a pre season game, but you wont get away with it against a top 8 team in the regular h&a. if you cant play, you dont play.

If Fleming is good enough to be in this side, I hope we bring back Andy Goodwin. I loved watching him play with heart, and whack opposition players, but that was in the days when we didnt have a playlist anywhere near capable of making the 8.

Fleming is no ordinary footballer in terms of career etc. Before he could make the big time, he had to play in the VAFA for Old Xavs ( A Section Premiers 2003) and Carlton in the VFL.

What impressed me the most was that here is someone who has been able to play elite level football and at the age he made his senior debut, some will be quick to write you off with regards to prospects of playing at the highest level.

I mean, to make your debut at 25 is rare. THe last oldest player before making his debut was Andrew Thompson at St Kilda he didn't make it until 24. He also toiled in the VAFA for Old Melburnians, just like Fleming did in order to get notice by the scouts.

Troy Wilson is another example, didn't play league football until he was 29 years old.

Anyone else got some 'older' age debutant examples ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fleming is the sort of player the Tigers needed. They needed someone tough who wasnt scared of getting injured and having a real go. I dont see whats so bad about Fleming. He tries his best week in week out and has a fair-dinkom crack.

Flem and Hall

Fleming is really important to us because if he is holding down the middle, he frees Brown to the fwd flank.

Hall is the same. If Razor isn;t playing well at CHB, we'll have to put Morrison(CHF) there which will take ottens away from ruck.

So our forward/on ball set up will depend a lot on these two.

:confused:

Havent really taken any notice of this guy, but i didnt take notice of him on fri night even if it was just them warming up before the game :D :D , well i had no choice he was stretching right in front of me on the fence, hes cute, dont know if he can play but :D :D .

Timmy knows he's a borderline player, so he makes sure he's telling everyone he's trying his hardest out there.

Surely that puts him ahead of the likes of Houlihan, Nicholls, Pettifer for the next one to get the chop.

I'm really looking forward to see how he develops and whether he can play a vital part.

BTW i'm biased, he was very nice to me at the B&F lol. Goes a long way when sticking up for players on message boards :D

Originally posted by ben.carbonaro

Anyone else got some 'older' age debutant examples ?

Craig Trellevyn (sp) was 26 when recruited to Hawthorn from Perth by Ken Judge.

Danny Dickfos was about 24 I think when drafted to Brisbane.

Fleming is a tagger. Every team needs a few and I would guess at least one player in the starting 22 will be picked for that role. We have used D Kellaway and Rogers as taggers recently and they are getting a bit long in the tooth. Fleming is ideal for that role. Remember when he cleaned up Haselby? That's his job.

On the other hand Houlihan should be the opportunistic forward. I think he has talent but woefully inconsistent. Same goes for Hilton, who should have been an onballer.

I find it surprising that Fiora, a former #3 pick is constantly maligned yet Hilton (also a #3 pick) does not cop half the abuse. I can't see any role for Hilton. I can see Fiora in a wing or in back half.

Originally posted by tigerdan

I find it surprising that Fiora, a former #3 pick is constantly maligned yet Hilton (also a #3 pick) does not cop half the abuse. I can't see any role for Hilton. I can see Fiora in a wing or in back half.

Very good point! I guess that point is often forgotten as it was Brisbane who secured him then. Even still, didn't we have to give up a first round draft pick to secure him!

PULL THE FINGER OUT OF YOUR AMPLE ARSE HILTON!

Just imagine if our top draft picks were guns... Hilton,Pettifer and Fiora all were brilliant but that isnt going to happen.

Anyway regarding fleming have u ever watched him at the end of the game when singing the song. He really gets into it and has the biggest smile on his face and its so hard not to laugh at him.

In defence of Hilton, he has had a pretty stop/start career, what with his eye injury and he did his shoulder (i think) putting his body on the line. So nope, he hasn't done much, but either has Fiora and he hasn't been out injured. I think they're pretty much on a par career wise. This year should sort them out.

Alrite just say that hilton and fiora have shocking years what type of player should we be looking at for a replacement like trade. Remember that they were both top 4 pickups i think.

Originally posted by doggies40
Havent really taken any notice of this guy, but i didnt take notice of him on fri night even if it was just them warming up before the game :D :D , well i had no choice he was stretching right in front of me on the fence, hes cute, dont know if he can play but :D :D .

"Physiques" thread.

If this keeps up I'll have to listen to games on the radio because I won't be able to look. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back