Time for a spell Tex

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
tex looks in need of a rest. He is no longer attacking the ball with gusto and once again is being led to the ball and not approaching the marking contest with
Any authority. I thought clurey
Took him to the cleaners and he was a liability with his lack of influence in the game and lack of defensive pressure. It might be a good opportunity with a trip to
Perth to rest him and bring back bad bustling billy based on his SANFL form. I don’t think he is the answer
Long term But he could be a better option this week. We said we would manage tex During the year. This is the perfect opportunity

I think 'manage' to the AFC means reduce their training load during the week and lower our expectations on them on a weekend.

Basically anything short of having a game off.

Travis Boak got managed by Port against Brisbane and won the medal last night. It seems a common sense decision.

I’ve been a big Tex fan this season, but can’t argue he had an absolute shocker. Dropped some sitters as well.

Here’s an interesting thought: how about we play Tex as the Med Sub next week? Allow some form of continuity (if someone gets injured) whilst reducing his work load next round. If no one gets injured in the next match, we don’t lose anything do we?

I think it is a damn good idea to give him some rest especially in a season we have nothing much to play for. But I cannot see that happening.

tex looks in need of a rest. He is no longer attacking the ball with gusto and once again is being led to the ball and not approaching the marking contest with
Took him to the cleaners and he was a liability with his lack of influence in the game and lack of defensive pressure. It might be a good opportunity with a trip to
Perth to rest him and bring back bad bustling billy based on his SANFL form. I don’t think he is the answer
Long term But he could be a better option this week. We said we would manage tex During the year. This is the perfect opportunity
The club says a lot of things but when it comes to implementing them they don't. They will wheel Walker out onto the field if they need to. The club cares more about the outcry from the "apricots" than doing what needs to be done and trying a different structure. This should be Walker's final year but I doubt the club will allow that to happen. Players should retire gracefully as Andy McLeod did when he knew it was time.

rest Tex and replace him with a mid. Runn8ng power a huge issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a big Tex fan this season, but can’t argue he had an absolute shocker. Dropped some sitters as well.

Here’s an interesting thought: how about we play Tex as the Med Sub next week? Allow some form of continuity (if someone gets injured) whilst reducing his work load next round. If no one gets injured in the next match, we don’t lose anything do we?

Why would we do that?

Give him the week off and he can stay home.

If the mids are going to deliver the ball to him the way they have the last month then yes, rest him. If theyre going to hit him up and we generate some space as they did in the early games, play him. No one can function in that forward setup.

If the mids are going to deliver the ball to him the way they have the last month then yes, rest him. If theyre going to hit him up and we generate some space as they did in the early games, play him. No one can function in that forward setup.
We can play anyone if they are hit on the chest. The problem is that we aren't gonna have anyone capable of doing that through our midfield until we draft them over the next two years. Schoenberg and Sholl can hit a pass but they are still learning. Walker has shown that once the ball hits the ground he may as well be sitting on the bench. The club needs to start developing our forward line for the next 5 -10 years. I would rest Walker and drop Berg and play Thilthorpe and Fogarty as your keys with Worrell playing the Lynch link role. I presume they will bring in Jones down back for McPherson. They will likely bring in O'Connor for McHenry and have no idea who they will bring in for Murphy. They may bring in Hately. I think they will bring in Murray down back to take the pressure off Doedee playing KPD.

Last edited:
We can play anyone if they are hit on the chest. The problem is that we aren't gonna have anyone capable of doing that through our midfield until we draft them over the next two years. Schoenberg and Sholl can hit a pass but they are still learning. Walker has shown that once the ball hits the ground he may as well be sitting on the bench. The club needs to start developing our forward line for the next 5 -10 years. I would rest Walker and drop Berg and play Thilthorpe and Fogarty as your keys with Worrell playing the Lynch link role. I presume they will bring in Jones down back for McPherson. They will likely bring in O'Connor for McHenry and have no idea who they will bring in for Murphy. They may bring in Hately. I think they will bring in Murray down back to take the pressure off Doedee playing KPD.
His first month showed what he’s still capable of ie one of the best CHF in the league. Something is impeding him. Agree with you on TT and Fog that is the future. Unsure on what Nicks is doing, hope he does though.

Was it Tredders who made the observation a few weeks ago that Walker landed awkwardly and appeared to have hurt himself?

There might have been something in that observation because he hasn't been the same player since and has gone back to wrestling defenders rather than leading and attacking the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back