News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol when Simmo does it it is whinging. When Cotchin does it, it's speaking out.

Richmond supporters will Richmond.
Actually I was surprised how Simpson got lambasted for speaking out. In fact you could say they were bullied by the AFL.
Where have I said he was whinging? You need to suck it up and find another thread for your circular Richmond vs Eagles toss, there are plenty out there.
Simpson spoke out and got smacked. Cotchin has spoken out and is getting smacked. show me the difference or are you just an entitled whinger creating your own narrative so you can continue to have a whinge?

Actually I was surprised how Simpson got lambasted for speaking out. In fact you could say they were bullied by the AFL.
Where have I said he was whinging? You need to suck it up and find another thread for your circular Richmond vs Eagles toss, there are plenty out there.
Simpson spoke out and got smacked. Cotchin has spoken out and is getting smacked. show me the difference or are you just an entitled whinger creating your own narrative so you can continue to have a whinge?

Tells me to suck it up and find another thread to whinge.

Proceeds to whinge :tearsofjoy:

lol...What a hypocrite

They probably did/do. Couple of Eagles players took their families (T. Kelly, surprise surprise).
Cotchin is showing balls. Standing up for himself and his teammates. If only other teams could have done the same instead of succumbing to snake oil salesmen. Cotchin said it last time and he has said it this time. Sticking to his guns I would say.
Never agreed with Eagles or Dockers going and don’t agree with it now. This nonsense it is their job is just that, nonsense. Their job is to play football. Nothing about being removed from families for extended periods of time. Why should any player have to miss the birth of their child for example. Life has priorities. There are plenty of other jobs that offer that lifestyle of being away from home and most know that often doesn’t work out well at all.

I agree with this and don't really have any issue with what Cotchin has said, he also said that players may not go he didn't say they won't.
No one would begrudge a player wanting to be with his wife for the birth of their child, that is a genuine reason.
Having small kids at home is not a reason in my opinion, it's not as if players are being asked to leave for 3-4 months.
In regards to as you said they individually don't wish to go then why should they be paid to do something they have chosen not to do?
I have no issue with some saying they won't go, but there has to be a downside to that position. After all you have been employed to play football, we are in a very unusual circumstance of course and I am sure their contracts would not include this type of thing but the players need to be a bit real here and not cry poor old me while they take money and not perform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria test results are a week behind , thats how long it takes to get the result . So these daily figures are a week old . How difficult would it be to contact trace a positive result for that week . Victoria needs to be closed off .

The figures are collated daily, and current up until 11pm the night before.

The lag you are talking about may be the expected time before we see the impact of any restrictions/health strategies put in place being reflected in test results.

Don't forget you are a Victorian.:rolleyes:

I'm not wishing the numbers increase, or wanting Covid to spread. That would be a pretty dog act to take pleasure in a virus running rampant in a community.

I'm just saying that this thread is a mess and it's fun to watch the boys from different states go to work.

I agree with this and don't really have any issue with what Cotchin has said, he also said that players may not go he didn't say they won't.
No one would begrudge a player wanting to be with his wife for the birth of their child, that is a genuine reason.
Having small kids at home is not a reason in my opinion, it's not as if players are being asked to leave for 3-4 months.
In regards to as you said they individually don't wish to go then why should they be paid to do something they have chosen not to do?
I have no issue with some saying they won't go, but there has to be a downside to that position. After all you have been employed to play football, we are in a very unusual circumstance of course and I am sure their contracts would not include this type of thing but the players need to be a bit real here and not cry poor old me while they take money and not perform.
Mate are you the only West Australian with any common sense? I've asked this before and NO ONE can show me where Cotchin or any Victorian has said that they wont enter an interstate hub.

Mate are you the only West Australian with any common sense? I've asked this before and NO ONE can show me where Cotchin or any Victorian has said that they wont enter an interstate hub.

I am just saying what he said, BF like the AFL media love twisting words into meaning something else.
All I have heard from Cotchin at this point is that it may be difficult for some of his team mates to do the hub, he has not at any point said players certainly won't be going. Is it possible some won't? Of course but I reckon the vast majority will work their way around it and do the right thing for the game and their employment.

I’m guessing WA and NSW hubs since SA and QLD hate Victoria?

I feel like Dan Andrews is particularly unimpressed with WA and Mark McGowan.

Mcgowan has used rather course language in talking about Victoria. Words like "infestation" "dire" and "Victorian crisis" have been peppered through his rhetoric for quite some time.

While Victoria has been moving backwards in terms of daily cases and restrictions. McGowan was rather smug in announcing 60K at Optus from 18th July.

Especially pertinent here is that he uses Victorians as the bogeyman in his justification for hard borders. An argument that, up until the last two weeks, was probably becoming untenable, and policy that Andrews deeply opposes.

That has to rub Dan Andrews up the wrong way.

Given that Dan Andrews runs the AFL, it probably explains why they were so reluctant to set up a WA hub, and really had to be brought to the table kcking and screaming.

The irony is that WA may become the most important element in any plan to get a 17 game home and away season complete in a way that allows all clubs to play each other once.

Dan is not pleased about this reality.

Daily Covid Update:
70 new local cases in Victoria today, 0 everywhere else in Australia again. Keep expecting these numbers to rise as the effects of the lockdown will take a week or two to start impacting the numbers.

1593570565439.jpeg

1593570676977.jpeg

Sydney won’t be going to qld, they’ve played ‘dirty vics’

I’d suggest bris and Gold Coast to hub with giants and Sydney, and a succession of vic teams visit them to play there. Two stadiums. Whether teams have to stay over or continue home lockdown as now would be up to NSW

as noted hawks and blues already have some fixtures there.

SA and WA teams to return home and vic teams to visit on 2-3 week turnarounds.

so by round 10 you could be right, but it won’t stop the afl scheduling the odd game in vic as required. This risk is overblown. I’d suggest qld is too hard.

so each week 4 games sydney 2 games SA 2 games WA. One floating

NSW not allowing any person in who lives in lockdown suburbs to come in

Youd think Hawks and maybe saints, richmond melbourne would be favourites for a hub in NSW, as the requirements are still lower than other states

Essendon North Bulldogs maybe Carlton by geography and Collingwood Geelong who are going to WA not likely

NSW and QLD clubs also there

WA hub. WCE Freo Coll Geel

SA Hub. Ess Carl WB North

NSW Hub. Syd GWS Bris Gold Coast Haw Rich StK Melb

If interstate lockdowns dont get tougher. If the ease up and movement around victoria improves then there can be rotation after

Remove this Banner Ad

Back