News Time for the Vic teams to leave Victoria - EDIT: Hawks to Hub in Barossa, 15 teams in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Supply and demand, my friend. If millions of us are going to hand over our hard-earned to watch them play, that means a whole lot of coin to distribute amongst those providing the spectacle. It’s just the way the market works. And these entertainers need to cash in before their skills become obsolete, usually in their 20’s ... maybe 10% who make it to 30.

If you want to even up the system, start going to AFLW, state leagues or regional footy instead.
It is indeed. And when revenue goes down, costs have to be cut otherwise you make a loss. And so the players who win so much when it is going good, must take on an equitable share of the hurt when things are not so good.

Story came out today saying our government is making a play for it

Hope you get it just so West coast fans throw a tantrum

Hope you get it just so West coast fans throw a tantrum

I would be be more than happy for Adelaide to hose the grand final.

We have an 8-2 record at Adelaide Oval

2-2 v Adelaide
5-0 v Port

Even if we don't make it this year, I think AO would be a great location to host the GF with its picturesque setting and rich SANFL history.

I would be be more than happy for Adelaide to hose the grand final.

We have an 8-2 record at Adelaide Oval

2-2 v Adelaide
5-0 v Port

Even if we don't make it this year, I think AO would be a great location to host the GF with its picturesque setting and rich SANFL history.
Well you won't be playing us this year & have a 100% record against Port... so happy for Shuey to kick the winning goal after the siren... again.

When was the last time that they played an AFL game at ANZ stadium? I was under the impression that the venue was only hosting rectangular sports now.

Sydney more like it. ANZ firming as the place to hold it, going by Footy Classified. It can hold over 80K. But I think it will come down to how much states offer the league for it.

No thank you

Single worst idea and I’ve heard some bad ones!

Worst ground to watch football and the border is closed band it ain’t opening soon to Victoria.

Could Gerard Whately shove his tounge any further up the players backsides? This bloke didn't give a fu** when the interstate clubs had to hub. Now that the vics are being put out of their comfort zone hes acting like they're ******* war heroes. Unbelievable stuff.

I couldn't change the channel quick enough when he started his sanctimonious lecture about how thankful we should be to the AFL players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But do you think that if they get seventeen rnds in they wont have finals if they can't use the MCG as you alluded to.
I guess we will have to wait and see? Nothing would surprise me anymore. I hope they don't though as this will make the divide so large the AFL might not be able to close it anymore.

Just like you all complained that the Vic clubs would never leave Melbourne
Then still complained after they all left
Now you are complaining about the GF
Can't wait for SA and WA people to still complain when it gets moved
Don't think anyone is complaining, just throwing up hypothetical s. Complaining is one of those things that can be misconstrued, i could call your post complaining about people complaining.

Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest..
everyone knows which state would be sooking losing their home state advantage

I think you guys get confused and think we all agree with the afl media who on the most part are objectively bad at their jobs.

Most Victorians realise the gf is an advantage and wouldn't really care if it gets moved this season.

I’m surprised tickets aren’t more freely available for this weekend, out of the 6 games here in QLD, only two have had general public go on sale (the 2 night games at Metricon). I could’ve only made the day games there/the ones at the Gabba so tad disappointing but oh well.

I emailed the Suns about it, fair enough with cleaning times I guess. Bemused they haven’t let the general public go to the GABBA games though.
0AADB263-C715-4C9E-B2ED-3531100F6781.jpeg

EDIT: Richmond v Sydney just went on sale 👍

I’m surprised tickets aren’t more freely available for this weekend, out of the 6 games here in QLD, only two have had general public go on sale (the 2 night games at Metricon). I could’ve only made the day games there/the ones at the Gabba so tad disappointing but oh well.

I emailed the Suns about it, fair enough with cleaning times I guess. Bemused they haven’t let the general public go to the GABBA games though.
View attachment 908822
Also, looks like it’ll be a good crowd Saturday night for Essendon vs Western Bulldogs, there were plenty of tickets yesterday but they’ve now sold most of the stadium 👍👍👍

Sydney more like it. ANZ firming as the place to hold it, going by Footy Classified. It can hold over 80K. But I think it will come down to how much states offer the league for it.
Gotta love this attitude that the VAFL live by. Any AFL event not held in Victoria has to be bidded for by other states and the default setting is for it all to be held in Melbourne with no bid required. It’s a racket the mafia would be envious of.

Gotta love this attitude that the VAFL live by. Any AFL event not held in Victoria has to be bidded for by other states and the default setting is for it all to be held in Melbourne with no bid required. It’s a racket the mafia would be envious of.

It's not a default setting and there was a bid by Melbourne/Victoria....

A $750,000,000 bid in the form of a formal contract with an agreement to pay the AFL for it and fund the Etihad stadium upgrade........

The fact of the matter is, the Victorian Government are directly injecting a huge amount of state funds into an AFL owned capital asset.

It's not like they are upgrading the MCG, which they own, this money is going straight onto the AFL balance sheet.

If the other states want it, they have to at least cover part of those costs.

Or Victoria gets an extension on the current deal to cover for the lost year within the deal.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back