TNA Wrestling (On TNA+ and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Impact heavily hinted at Bully Ray + Bullet Club on this weeks episode. Lots of red herrings being thrown about, but genuinely think it'll be Bully Ray returning.

Not sure if it's anything, but Maddison Rayne said "I know which world champion is returning" instead of 'champions' - could be a slip that just the one is returning which would be disappointing.

Impact heavily hinted at Bully Ray + Bullet Club on this weeks episode. Lots of red herrings being thrown about, but genuinely think it'll be Bully Ray returning.

Not sure if it's anything, but Maddison Rayne said "I know which world champion is returning" instead of 'champions' - could be a slip that just the one is returning which would be disappointing.
Has Bully Ray left ROH?

Has Bully Ray left ROH?

I'm not sure, but Bully has seemingly implied he'd be keen to return to impact for a few months now so may be a case of him being a free agent without it being made public?

apparently yes. Aces & 8s reunion on the cards.

I loved Bully Rays run in Impact and equally could see a trio of Ray, Anderson and Gallows being great - but at 48 years old, Ray should be a mouthpiece more than anything as well as getting a few people over in the ring.

I also hope he isn't the only world champion returning, because that would be underwhelming.

I loved Bully Rays run in Impact and equally could see a trio of Ray, Anderson and Gallows being great - but at 48 years old, Ray should be a mouthpiece more than anything as well as getting a few people over in the ring.

I also hope he isn't the only world champion returning, because that would be underwhelming.
D-Lo might be part of the group as a manager/occasional wrestler as well.

D-Lo might be part of the group as a manager/occasional wrestler as well.

Would be a bit meh - I essentially think they'd be better off with different branding than Aces & 8s, but accept that probably won't be the case.

Looking hack, A8 really failed after the reveal due to members like Wes Briscoe and Garrett Bischoff. If you're going to make a faction, your members need to be good prospects and they were two absolute duds. Then you add in the random members like Ken Anderson who didn't fit the vine and the faction was shot.

A trio of Ray/Gallows/Anderson is much more appealing than any previous iteration of the group.

I also wonder if it'll shape up as a faction v faction type feud (assuming Elgin wins the title).

Team Canada v Aces & 8s
Bully Ray v Elgin
Anderson/Gallows v The North

Eric Young would pop in somewhere too.

‘if they were doing medicals/concussion testing he would never be cleared.

Tessa Blanchard has been stripped of the Impact World Title and has also been released.

Geez wtf has she been up to? Have heard some rumours and can understand being stripped of the title if stuck in Mexico and or not wanting to work right now but there's got to be something very serious here to be outright released unless she actually wanted to be. Was just about the best thing Impact had going for it and the best Non Japanese women's wrestler in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez wtf has she been up to? Have heard some rumours and can understand being stripped of the title if stuck in Mexico and or not wanting to work right now but there's got to be something very serious here to be outright released unless she actually wanted to be. Was just about the best thing Impact had going for it and the best Non Japanese women's wrestler in the world.
She doesn't want to travel and has also refused to even send some promos in. I reckon AEW would be desperate to get her to lead their womens division later after long term injuries to Awesome Kong, Britt Baker and Kris Statlander.

She doesn't want to travel and has also refused to even send some promos in. I reckon AEW would be desperate to get her to lead their womens division later after long term injuries to Awesome Kong, Britt Baker and Kris Statlander.

When has Tessa's history as a racist been scrubbed from the history books? She's still a horrible person and should be nowhere near AEW.

You reckon her career is over?

I wouldn't necessarily say over--- but I doubt either of the WWE or AEW would be wise to employ her in the short-term.

Between the reluctance by some of the top women's wrestlers in the world wanting to work with her and the potential for fans to turn on them for hiring a well-publicised racist that doesn't have a particularly large fan base of her own it would be too much of a high risk prospect.

Incredible Seeing how she's acted over Covid with Impact. I heard from a friend in the industry that she'd been refusing to send tapes in. As he works for a different company (but is fairly well connected) it felt like there was truth behind it.

Her career is very tainted which is a shame given her talent. Impact gave her a piece of history when she won the world title and has done nothing to repay the faith, especially given they did so after the racist incident came to light. Very poor form.

When has Tessa's history as a racist been scrubbed from the history books? She's still a horrible person and should be nowhere near AEW.
She is exactly what AEW needs from a talent and performance perspective.

But if they are willing to ban Linda Hogan from going to shows, no way can they hire Tessa with her history

wasn't there a visa related issue with her being unable to get back into Mexico, if she went to the US?

I think it was more Tessa was contracted but refused to send in promos etc. Very poor form especially after the opportunity Impact gave her - impact sacking her is very damning all things considered.

She is exactly what AEW needs from a talent and performance perspective.

But if they are willing to ban Linda Hogan from going to shows, no way can they hire Tessa with her history

From a talent perspective she's someone every company needs. She is the best female wrestler in the world and up there with the best wrestlers in the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back