NFL Tom Brady, Bill Belichick - Greatest of All Time?

Are they the greatest of all time

• Yes, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are the GOAT

• Tom Brady is the best QB, but Bill Belichick isn't the greatest coach.

• Bill Belichick is the greatest coach, but Tom Brady isn't the best QB

• No, neither are the greatest of all time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

To go on with yesterday, I did have another factor. If players play better under good coaches, then do coaches coach better under good...?
I'll take owners for $200.

If that's what you're angling at then, yeah, the autonomy that Kraft allows gives BB the confidence to make the decisions and run his team his own way, which a lot of coaches don't have. Stable and supportive ownership has been behind a lot of the Superbowl success stories: DeBortolo/Walsh, Rooney/Noll, Kent Cooke/Gibbs, Mara/Parcells & Coughlin, Muchison/Landry, Robbie/Shula.
But I don't think it's solely that, the seeds of Belichicks method of operation were there at Cleveland, he did manage to get the Browns to the playoffs in his third season before he became a bit of a lame duck among the external Browns politics. His ruthless player management was also in evidence with his discarding of fan favourite Bernie Kosar in favour of freaking Vinny Testaverde.

You could also say a good GM helps too, but BB does a lot of this himself.

If it's not one of the above you may need to spell it out for me. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, because throwing a 3-5 out route to a receiver whos db has been 'picked' is such a challenge for every qb who isn't tom brady.

That was the gameplan. It had no balls (Inflated or deflated), but it worked. And they've been doing it to a lesser extent for a number of years. Do you think welker and others make 100 catches by running 30 yards downfield each time. We do the exact same with Cobb.

They're high percentage passes.

Take your head out of your arse.

******* pats fans are so precious all of a sudden...
Eat a fat steaming s**t. Patriots world champs, we beat the supposed best D in the history of the game with the best coach and QB in the history of the game. You're team did one of the biggest choke jobs in history so let the tears flow. We're world ******* champs. I was there and it was one of the best ******* days ever. Let the tears flowwwwww hater.

Eat a fat steaming s**t. Patriots world champs, we beat the supposed best D in the history of the game with the best coach and QB in the history of the game. You're team did one of the biggest choke jobs in history so let the tears flow. We're world ******* champs. I was there and it was one of the best ******* days ever. Let the tears flowwwwww hater.
Still riding that emotional high hey?

Still riding that emotional high hey?
People are going to talk trash and try and take away from the Patriots no matter what so they can get ****ed to be honest. No point trying to reason with these people.

No Pont trying to reason with someOne who follows all Boston teams but replaces pats with gints...:confused::p
Still cant believe that.
He'd be kicked out of Boston if the locals knew that.

No Pont trying to reason with someOne who follows all Boston teams but replaces pats with gints...:confused::p
Didn't have to reason with me, I wasn't trying to downplay TB's importance.

As for the Giants VS Boston, it's a long story and my mates in NJ give me heaps for it.

I've been a rabid Giants fan since the early 90's but could never settle on a basketball/baseball team. Hated the Yankees and everything they stood for and hate the Knicks almost as much. I certainly wasn't going to go for the 'little brother' team in that city. Mets and Nets sucked (Pretty much the JETS of their sport). I bounced from Seattle Mariners in the 90's and Orlando Magic but I'm a huge fan of Stephen King and as many of you know his stories are usually set in Mass. (Castle Rock etc) I didn't grow up in NY so didn't have that ingrained HATE of the Boston teams (The patriots sucked and I liked Larry Bird) Boston is also one of my must see destinations so I hopped on the Boston bandwagon in 2002 (. Unfortunately I couldn't give up my Giants love though. So I hate ALL teams NY except the Giants and because of my other sports roots have an appreciation for what BB and TB have been able to achieve. I also have 2 amazing SB memories thanks to the Patriots :D

I I've seen my AFL, NFL, MLB and NBA ALL win titles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take owners for $200.

If that's what you're angling at then, yeah, the autonomy that Kraft allows gives BB the confidence to make the decisions and run his team his own way, which a lot of coaches don't have. Stable and supportive ownership has been behind a lot of the Superbowl success stories: DeBortolo/Walsh, Rooney/Noll, Kent Cooke/Gibbs, Mara/Parcells & Coughlin, Muchison/Landry, Robbie/Shula.
But I don't think it's solely that, the seeds of Belichicks method of operation were there at Cleveland, he did manage to get the Browns to the playoffs in his third season before he became a bit of a lame duck among the external Browns politics. His ruthless player management was also in evidence with his discarding of fan favourite Bernie Kosar in favour of freaking Vinny Testaverde.

You could also say a good GM helps too, but BB does a lot of this himself.

If it's not one of the above you may need to spell it out for me. ;)

Your answer was correct. Good admin accounts for everything in that hierarchy.
In effect, you added to my point. Belichick may well have produced similar results at Cleveland as he did at NE. But other stuff got in the way. Good admin doesn't have that nonsense.

The golden touch doesn't seem to carry over to Belichicks co-ordinators when given a HC role

Coach | Record | Win %\
Nick Saban | 15-17 | 46.9%\
Josh McDaniels | 11-17 | 39.3%\
Romeo Crennel | 28-55 | 33.7%\
Eric Mangini | 33-47 | 41.3%\
Bill O’Brien | 10-11 | 47.6%\
| | \
OVERALL| 97-147 | 39.8%

Joe Montana and Joe Gibbs.

The golden touch doesn't seem to carry over to Belichicks co-ordinators when given a HC role

Coach | Record | Win %\
Nick Saban | 15-17 | 46.9%\
Josh McDaniels | 11-17 | 39.3%\
Romeo Crennel | 28-55 | 33.7%\
Eric Mangini | 33-47 | 41.3%\
Bill O’Brien | 10-11 | 47.6%\
| | \
OVERALL| 97-147 | 39.8%

You got the parcels tree handy? Love to see it. Reading through this thread again.... Tehehehe.

You got the parcels tree handy? Love to see it. Reading through this thread again.... Tehehehe.
Parcells had
- Bill Belichick 214-109 : 66.3% ( 4 Superbowl wins )
- Ray Handley 14-18 : 43.8 %
- Tom Coughlin 166-142 : 53.9% ( 2 SB Wins)
- Chris Palmer 5-27 : 15.6%
- Al Groh 9-7 : 56.3 %
- Romeo Crennell 28-55 : 33.7%
- Sean Payton 81-51 : 61.4% (1 SB Win)
- Tony Sparano 32-41 : 43.8%
- Todd Haley 19-26 : 32.2%

Overall : 568-476 : 54.4% (7 SB wins and 3 different coaches at the Browns)

Back