Analysis Tom Hawkins - clearly not insignificant !

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously? Why don't you read the game?

It was a stoppage ridden, stop start affair. Awful game. Hawkins had very little oppurtunity, as did Daniher. We won so few clearancess that Hawkins never really got a genuine one on one from a quick center break - inside 50. Hawkins has been very effective this year in the other games, not just on the score board.

Who would you have at FF instead?

Geelong were lazy, the game was barely VFL standard. Quit being emotional and judging players on such games. It's foolish.
It certainly did look as if it was a VFL game.

My biggest wish is that Tom somehow remembers that he can also lead towards the ball carrier as well as engage in wrestling with his opponent for if he doesn't he will quickly become like Cloke

If the Hawk goes down you can tear up a flag chance this year. Can you imagine the price he would bring on the open market?
We might even be able to get Fyfe for him. Freo would kill for a huge KPF who can mark and bomb goals from outside 50.
Hell, we got Dangerfield with Dean Gore. The would probably chuck in Zac Dawson-we could use him to man the pad for speccy practice.

If the Hawk goes down you can tear up a flag chance this year. Can you imagine the price he would bring on the open market?
We might even be able to get Fyfe for him. Freo would kill for a huge KPF who can mark and bomb goals from outside 50.
Hell, we got Dangerfield with Dean Gore. The would probably chuck in Zac Dawson-we could use him to man the pad for speccy practice.

That's still too much for him...

Other than that I think he [Hawkins] has had a great start to the year.
No, not really.

Failing to register a score against a side missing more than 15 of their best 22, AND while matched up on a 22 year old player with just 3 games' experience is unacceptable. And it's not like his other games have been exceptionally good to make up for this abysmal one. Hawkins is ranked 16th for goals this year, behind guys like Alex Fasolo, Jack Riewoldt and Aaron Young (who all play for bottom 8 teams that have had terrible starts to the season). Even JACK WATTS is on par with Tom for goals.

Hawkins' start to the year has been far from "great".

Needs to get angry but I think it's too late into his career now.
He's sort of like another Drew Petrie. Such a massive unit but never one to use that to his advantage to intimidate or make defenders know he's around.

The J-Pod was a terrific power forward who always used his weight to his advantage. Not the tallest individual but certainly built like Hawkins through the chest and core. Always used those knees and scared the living s**t out of guys who currently get the better of Hawkins. I know it's a different game today but look at Petrie's teammate in Jarred Waite who lets defenders know he is around. Tom Lynch doesn't mind steam rolling a pack if he gets an opportunity. Dixon, Tex Walker, Darling are other powerful bodies who enjoy that side of the game.

Why use him to man the speccy bag.

Save the money and let him be the speccy bag.

Seriously? Why don't you read the game?

It was a stoppage ridden, stop start affair. Awful game. Hawkins had very little oppurtunity, as did Daniher. We won so few clearancess that Hawkins never really got a genuine one on one from a quick center break - inside 50. Hawkins has been very effective this year in the other games, not just on the score board.

Who would you have at FF instead?

Geelong were lazy, the game was barely VFL standard. Quit being emotional and judging players on such games. It's foolish.
Patrick, you wouldn't have a spare axe on you?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have a forward line in general that will allow us to challenge the best sides, it lacks speed and dynamism and because of our deficit of quality small forwards, or alternate lead up targets to Tom, opposition defenders can read that we'll just bomb it long to him every time.

As Mitch Duncan said (and was finally an honest voice coming out of The GFC) we're a very 'mediocre team' and that's what we'll stay.

he loves those tim tams
Not true. Probably looking as fit as he ever has been

5c88e77127d39f03e388e7e4db6b0fc6.jpg

As Mitch Duncan said (and was finally an honest voice coming out of The GFC) we're a very 'mediocre team' and that's what we'll stay.
here we go. This will be your most cited quote all season now. :rolleyes:

We don't have a forward line in general that will allow us to challenge the best sides, it lacks speed and dynamism and because of our deficit of quality small forwards, or alternate lead up targets to Tom, opposition defenders can read that we'll just bomb it long to him every time.

Don't suppose with all this mediocrity running around you'll lose interest and fall into a hole for the rest of the year....

I mean, you said its a forgone conclusion and all so clearly there is no reason for you to hang around here anymore....

Mitch Duncan said we were mediocre on the weekend - and he was right - but you have the die cast for the year.

Seems pointless to be here anymore. Your point has been made.

Go Catters

Not true. Probably looking as fit as he ever has been

5c88e77127d39f03e388e7e4db6b0fc6.jpg

here we go. This will be your most cited quote all season now. :rolleyes:
So you disagree with Mitch? I think he'd have a slightly better idea of where we're at than you NSFB.

So you disagree with Mitch? I think he'd have a slightly better idea of where we're at than you NSFB.
I'd have to hear it in context, in full, not just some snippet you've conveniently plucked out to fulfil your tiresome agenda.

Don't suppose with all this mediocrity running around you'll lose interest and fall into a hole for the rest of the year....

I mean, you said its a forgone conclusion and all so clearly there is no reason for you to hang around here anymore....

Mitch Duncan said we were mediocre on the weekend - and he was right - but you have the die cast for the year.

Seems pointless to be here anymore. Your point has been made.

Go Catters
I'll post whenever I want Daz. You can stick it!

I'll post whenever I want Daz. You can stick it!

Unsurprising you go to playing the man rather than elaborating the point.

Are you really going to keep posting the same stuff over and over?

You've said we are done. The year is cooked. Fair enough. Opinion expressed.

We'll cut and paste your above quote at will.

Take the year off.

Seems pointless to continue really.

Save the internet space please.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back