Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

EFA.

But then need to replace those players which will then put the cap under pressure still.

You may as well move on from Lynch, and most of the other players of note, and go to the next thread.

LOL reading your info on your avatar its hard to take anything you post seriously - There are teams that are attractive to players from other clubs then there are players that no matter whats offered they prefer to either stay or move to another club.

Can you just imagine the melt if Lynch was to come to Richmond - GOLD

Its still well over an hour from Geelong to Sorrento on the ferry.

The ferry goes to Queenscliff not Geelong so travel time would be circa 90 minutes. Also the last ferry in winter leaves Queenscliff at 6pm.
It may be better to buy him a motor launch and hope he doesn't get sea sick.

LOL reading your info on your avatar its hard to take anything you post seriously - There are teams that are attractive to players from other clubs then there are players that no matter whats offered they prefer to either stay or move to another club.

Everything you post is hard to even comprehend; for people with intellect. I find it very difficult.

Everything you post is hard to even comprehend; for people with intellect. I find it very difficult.
Maybe take of your anti richmond hate glasses and you may have a chance, Your lolmond in your avatar is pathetic , Combined with your constant trolling of Richmond you lose all credibility - Move along

EFA.

But then need to replace those players which will then put the cap under pressure still.

You may as well move on from Lynch, and most of the other players of note, and go to the next thread.

Lynch won't end up at Richmond.

They won't even bid for him.

There'll be a mass walkout of players that stayed for unders if that happened.

Lynch won't end up at Richmond.

They won't even bid for him.

There'll be a mass walkout of players that stayed for unders if that happened.
LOL like your comments about Dusty being 100% north player in 2018 ?
Or
North have a better list than Richmond 3 weeks before Richmond win the flag

Forgive us if we dont believe you

Gold Coast are the AFL's biggest worry by a long way. Eight years in and they still look like a bottom 4 side and are still losing good players.

Their trading this year was bizarre and botched where basically they ended up trading picks 2, 22, 24, 35, 37 for Lachie Weller and pick 42 and then basically drafted nobodies. Should have kept all the picks and got Weller this year.

They have a cruel draw due to the Commonwealth Games so are in the 2018 Wooden Spoon mix for sure.

So from an AFL point of view, can they "allow" Gold Coasts best player and the most valuable type of player in a KPF to walk out the door? Doesn't matter how good the compo, it will just add another couple of highly talented kids to a side that screams out for mature class. So I think the AFL will have a hand in what happens just like they often do. Prime exhibit - the Motlop compo was a joke but the AFL did it to make sure G Ablett got back to Geelong.

So Lynch is no certainty to leave, it will need to be "sanctioned" by the AFL and the $ needed by a Vic club to get him will be the biggest deal we've yet seen in $ terms and length of contract.
I don’t disagree that we had a disastrous trade period but you forgot to add that we received WCE first round pick as well in the deals. Still a cluster * but thought I would add it for the sake of accuracy

The article when Fyfe signed said he took less money to fit other interests under the cap.

Tom Lynch would be exactly the player we need up front.
I am very keen for the next instalment of the Freo / Suns trading, we owe you guys a massive kick in the balls

I am very keen for the next instalment of the Freo / Suns trading, we owe you guys a massive kick in the balls
You say that now, but you got Barlow for free and Lachie Weller could be your best player next season.

Plus, if you finish in the bottom three and West Coast finish low too then you're looking at picks #2, #3 and #7? next draft. You'll do fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ferry goes to Queenscliff not Geelong so travel time would be circa 90 minutes. Also the last ferry in winter leaves Queenscliff at 6pm.
It may be better to buy him a motor launch and hope he doesn't get sea sick.
90 minutes is about correct weight. I have done the trip a few times - it doesn't save much time but great if nursing a hang over.

The article when Fyfe signed said he took less money to fit other interests under the cap.

Tom Lynch would be exactly the player we need up front.

Sadly, I doubt he will come to Freo when he can probably get the same/more money, live near his family, play at the MCG regularly, and play for the team he and his family support (Collingwood)

Sadly, I doubt he will come to Freo when he can probably get the same/more money, live near his family, play at the MCG regularly, and play for the team he and his family support (Collingwood)
The standard for a player like that would be to offer a nine year contract to move to a city they weren't from and to a team they didn't support.

So we should offer Lynch $1.2 million a year average, over nine years.

If they'd sign, i'd be stoked.
But Lynch is both young and fills a pressing need too.

Im less convinced that mids is that much of an issue for us.
Heppell and Myers returned from 12 and (effectively) 36 months off respectively.
Zaka and Goddard should play through there more often than they do.
Langford and Laverde are 21 and developing.
Mutch and Clarke are behind them
Begley and McGrath are 2 from our 22 that can slide right in for Jobe
Plus Smith and Stringer are AFL seasoned enough to step in too

Even with all the ‘what-ifs’, I reckon that’s still the weakest midfield in the league.

WTF would he want to go to Richmond at the start of their 37 year drought for?

Or he could choose the club with the better midfield and finish out of the 8 every year

I suppose if he is used to holidays in september then Collingwood would be a great selection
We'd be pretty high up on the ladder of finalists for the last 20 years, we've probably made as many GFs than you've won finals over that period.

We'd be pretty high up on the ladder of finalists for the last 20 years, we've probably made as many GFs than you've won finals over that period.
lol so where do we draw the line - Lets make that 50 years and see how that looks

Fact is the last 5 years Richmond made finals 4 times and won a flag, But if you take off the black/white glasses you will see collingwood have a weak defence and non functioning foward line with a list full of mids that are being over paid.

But anyway not interested in going into that

lol so where do we draw the line - Lets make that 50 years and see how that looks

Fact is the last 5 years Richmond made finals 4 times and won a flag, But if you take off the black/white glasses you will see collingwood have a weak defence and non functioning foward line with a list full of mids that are being over paid.

But anyway not interested in going into that
You also failed to win a final 3 of those 4 times and were beaten by 9th.

You're still Richmond though, Bradburying a flag doesn't change that.
LOL Bradburying a flag !! Really might be goo to check out some facts

Finished just 2 points (half a game off top spot)
lost 4 games less than a goal which were winning until last seconds
Finished top 4
Beat the other 3 top 4 teams by 35-50+ points
The most dominant finals performance this century

Sure Bradbury flag

Back