Free Agency Orazio Fantasia - will join Carlton as a delisted free agent, 2 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
This bloke goes under the radar as one of the biggest busts in recent trading history. Hasnt fired a shot at Port after putting on a big song and dance two years in a row about going home. Out of contract at seasons end.

Hard to see him being at Alberton next year. Would another club have a look?

This bloke goes under the radar as one of the biggest busts in recent trading history. Hasnt fired a shot at Port after putting on a big song and dance two years in a row about going home. Out of contract at seasons end.

Hard to see him being at Alberton next year. Would another club have a look?
He’ll finish his career in SA. Body was pretty cooked before he left Essendon and his go home factor was legitimate. Was never going anywhere else.

Wasn’t really a song and dance either, was kept pretty quiet until he actually left.

Will be at Port on a minimum contact next year.
I've no doubt his management will shop him around but who would move him interstate?

Will be at Port on a minimum contact next year.
I've no doubt his management will shop him around but who would move him interstate?

Very doubt he would have any interest. I can see why Port tried, he's a talented player and sometimes moving an injury prone player to a new club works wonders - Cats and Brisbane saw this with Lincoln McCarthy. But it hasn't worked out.

What's the story with old Razzle Dazzle Orazio? Was always an exhilarating player when up and going but looks an absolute shell of his former self. Just a terrible run with injuries or something else?

What's the story with old Razzle Dazzle Orazio? Was always an exhilarating player when up and going but looks an absolute shell of his former self. Just a terrible run with injuries or something else?
Injuries would be a huge part. Hard to build any kind of consistency in his game if he can never get on the park. Spends more time in injury rehab than working on his actual football craft. He's got natural talent which can look good sometimes but he's built like a 12 year old and I don't think has the physical attributes to be a consistent performer at the highest level. He's also a cherry on top player I feel, and when the team around him is playing as poorly as Port is right now, he's going to struggle to have any impact on the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.png

Can we take a punt on him for a year and see how it goes? If he gets his body right he is damaging. Would be an addition to our forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back