Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll be a RFA, GC will have far more cap than probably every team, and will be able to match any offer.

It's going to take a lot to get him. Arguably the most valuable player to ever reach free agency.

No use matching if a player doesn't want to be there. Geelong supporters should know better than others.

Yeah, nah.

I’ll keep my pick 6, next year’s potential top 10 and 26 year old reigning club B&F who’d be in the top 3 mids of any side in the competition.

Hearing Collingwood offering 6, 2018 1st and Sidebottom for Lynch and GC 2018 2nd...

Waiting on Sidebottom to agree, apparently.

Is this legit or?

If that's what it takes, I'd do it. Sidebottom is solid and probably in career best form, but there's no way he's our best player despite winning our B&F.

I'd back us in to finish 6th to 10th with a pick next year of 9-13, and I'd back in Gold Coast without Ablett/Lynch to finish bottom 3, giving us 19-21 back.

Seriously doubt they’d be putting Sidebottom on the table after he signed on for unders and just won our B&F.

Aside from that, two firsts and a top 5 player from the club is ludicrous overs for any single player, so I’m calling bullshit.
I heard that just to make sure the deal goes through, that we are willing to pay Sidebottom's salary for the next five years also:rolleyes:.
I agree with you on this one Apex, has to be BS, even WE aren't that stupid.

I heard that just to make sure the deal goes through, that we are willing to pay Sidebottom's salary for the next five years also:rolleyes:.
I agree with you on this one Apex, has to be BS, even WE aren't that stupid.
2017 & 2018 1st would get it done.
Not the worst move for GCS.

There is no RFA next year. Its all UFA from here on in, so he could move and they could end up with a lot less

There is no RFA next year. Its all UFA from here on in, so he could move and they could end up with a lot less
There's still RFAs. While there was an AFL.com.au article that briefly suggested there won't be, it turned out what actually was the case was that players who have done 10 years service don't need to be an RFA before becoming a UFA like they used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the players going out this year, not unrealistic to think GCS could be bottom 2 next year, say they finish last that would give them pick 1 and 2 in next years draft, potentially could end up with the King twins, not the worst way to replace Lynch.

Probably is, but getting the King twins would take some of the sting from it, can clubs get more then one pick as compo ? didn't Ablett get Geelong two first rounders ? or am I trippin ?

Imagine if they got the King twins (I don't know anything about them other than they're draft-eligible next year) and they both request a trade in 2021

As a Richmond fan, I'd be happy to offer 15,17 & 2018 1st, but I'm not sure what that'd get the deal done, and even if it did, I doubt we have enough cap space going forward to satisfy him. (I think we have space, just not THAT much).

I know he wants success but footy players only have a short career to make a lifetime of money. $8M over 5 years is just about too good to refuse and when that contract’s up he’ll be 31 and it’s not unreasonable GCS would offer him another 2 Year’s $1.6M extension.

Seriously overated this bloke. Going to be getting these massive offers next year of $1.5 million a year which is just crazy money considering Essendon have tied up Daniher for $7-800k a year for the next 3 years. Joe is better & younger.
Did you see his last season, last year. Gold Coast signed him to a two year deal in 2016 for about the same. Lynch was hampered by injuries this year. He is better than Daniher

Seriously overated this bloke. Going to be getting these massive offers next year of $1.5 million a year which is just crazy money considering Essendon have tied up Daniher for $7-800k a year for the next 3 years. Joe is better & younger.
You haven't seen enough of this bloke my man.

Did you see his last season, last year. Gold Coast signed him to a two year deal in 2016 for about the same. Lynch was hampered by injuries this year. He is better than Daniher
66 goals as a permanent forward whereas Daniher had 65 this year while playing about 20% ruck time. We'll see next year who kicks the most. Hopefully Daniher stays permanent forward & kicks 80+. Don't think Lynch will do that.

Back