Free Agency Tom Lynch [moves to Richmond as a Restricted Free Agent]

Will Lynch stay at the Suns?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

66 goals as a permanent forward whereas Daniher had 65 this year while playing about 20% ruck time. We'll see next year who kicks the most. Hopefully Daniher stays permanent forward & kicks 80+. Don't think Lynch will do that.
One has a finals-quality midfield delivering the ball to him. The other has a bottom 4 quality midfield delivering the ball to him. When both had that bottom 4 quality midfield, Daniher kicked 43 goals, not 60+.

That article is all made up bullshit, legit no evidence except a quote from his manager saying that if the club was 0-11 and not showing any effort then he would explore his options, not leave, but look around. So that is absolute bullshit and by no means is he gone, he has also said he wants to play finals with the Suns and also continue to captain the team through.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where there is smoke there is fire, and this talk has been going on for far too long for it not to be credible.

He'd make a big difference to our team. Sure nothing is guaranteed, but he'd make a hell of a difference.

He and his family are big Collingwood supporters too.

If you ask Saints' fans (well they're not the only ones that were banging that drum) that is of no relevance.....even if your dad played for the club.

Was he a Pies supporter, Tom?

One has a finals-quality midfield delivering the ball to him. The other has a bottom 4 quality midfield delivering the ball to him. When both had that bottom 4 quality midfield, Daniher kicked 43 goals, not 60+.
All Essendon players are gods....don't you know that? Hurley is 5 x better than Rance and Tarrant combined. Daniher is the next 100 goal kicker.

It is of relevance if his family has anything to do with it. But, sure, it's not the only thing that matters.
I wasn't disagreeing with what you said. Was more mocking Saint fans.

As to how much relevance depends on the individual. Anyone saying it holds no weight; are kidding themselves as no one can really say unless you live inside their head.

All Essendon players are gods....don't you know that? Hurley is 5 x better than Rance and Tarrant combined. Daniher is the next 100 goal kicker.
I'm surprised you have such a high rating of them.

Daniher
2013 - 3 goals
2014 - 28 goals
2015 - 34 goals
2016 - 43 goals
2017 - 65 goals

Daniher's simply getting better every year. He's 201 cm and its taken a few years for him to physically mature but you couldn't ask for a better development path from a young tall.
What he did in 2017 is better than anything Lynch has done to date considering how much time he spent up the ground helping out in the ruck.

Our midfield's not even that flash now. At best its an average midfield with a serious lack of contested ball winners. We were carried into finals by our forward line not our 'finals calibre midfield'. Honestly Ablett, Hall, Lyons, Hanley is as good as anything we could muster in our midfield.

If you ask Saints' fans (well they're not the only ones that were banging that drum) that is of no relevance.....even if your dad played for the club.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t. Jeremy Howe and Nathan Freeman are 2 cases in point for the affirmative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2016 he kicked 43 goals with the worst side assembled since the last days of Fitzroy. Gold Coasts midfield this year was elite in comparison. This year was his first real crack at it considering the circus thats been going on since he arrived at the club. Also keep in mind he had an interuppted pre season due to a knee issue so barring injury I fully expect Daniher to play even better in 2018. His goalkicking output has improved every season.

HAHAHAHHAHA surely not being legit,he is defs worth 3 first rounders or two and a very good player

I’m not sure whether any player has been traded for three first rounders before (as in picks).

Aish and De Goey were both first round draft picks.

You do realise there is a chance he will be uncontracted next season, nominates Collingwood and you will receive much less. That is a possibility.

I’m not sure whether any player has been traded for three first rounders before (as in picks).

You do realise there is a chance he will be uncontracted next season, nominates Collingwood and you will receive much less. That is a possibility.
Judd went very close 3 20 and JK (pick 4)

1. I am fairly confident he will stay
2. Aish is horrendous
3. Suns can match any bid
4. Defs better offers than that
5. Again he ain't leaving

Particularly when Moorabbin is a lot closer to Mornington Peninsula .

Seriously overated this bloke. Going to be getting these massive offers next year of $1.5 million a year which is just crazy money considering Essendon have tied up Daniher for $7-800k a year for the next 3 years. Joe is better & younger.
Yeah, he's ridiculously overrated, the Suns should trade him to hawthorn this year for pick 68 and Hartung.

But seriously, there'd be something seriously wrong at Essendon if they couldn't recontact a father son for less than market value.

Probably is, but getting the King twins would take some of the sting from it, can clubs get more then one pick as compo ? didn't Ablett get Geelong two first rounders ? or am I trippin ?

Compo picks for players lost to expansion clubs was different to FA compo. FA has more set defined rules and tier 1 is first round - based on salary and contract years only I think. Expansion compo had accolades as well and age, and I don't remember any set guidelines - made up on a whim really.

Back