List Mgmt. Tom Wilson Signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get it. So you win arguments by consensus? The majority of Germany supported the Nazis, does that mean they were right?

Um, no, the majority of Germans did not support the Nazis.

(The Nazi party polled 44% in the 1933 General election)

Moore is 7th in intercept marks behind McGovern/Keath/Aliir/J.Walker/Weitering/S.Collins.

As a contested mark is rated 17th. McKay/Naughton/McEvoy/Taberner/J.Walker/McInerney/Weitering/McGovern/J.Cameron/Cox/S.Collins/T.Lynch/Bruce/Casboult/L.Jones/Franklin all rate ahead of Moore. Keath is presently equal with Moore in contested marks but that's numbers taken before the start of the Fremantle game so he could well push ahead of Moore, having been 2 clear coming into the weekend.

DE% is a fine stat with value and if someone is going at 90%+ that's not problematic. I'd claim with comments such as your own it's a stat teetering on being undervalued. Absolutely Moore is the better kick of the two. No argument. One is taking the kickouts for their club and the other you wouldn't have doing that.

As key defenders assuming health I prefer McGovern, Rance, Andrews, Lever, Hooker, Keath and T.Stewart (though I like him more as a third tall than a KPP) ahead of Moore. Josh Walker I'm also really liking this season and I could go either way on he/Moore on form.

And going from perpetually injured with soft tissue injuries to a genuine top 10 KPD who with injuries to others has a top-5 argument is a great outcome.

I current form I'm definitely taking McGovern/Keath/Hooker/T.Stewart and probably Andrews also ahead of Moore with J.Walker in that conversation. Lever when back may also be better than Moore, with his 2017/2018 form arguably of a higher standard.

So as I said. Top 10 by position but not inside my top 5.
Knight, I enjoy reading your perspective on footy and Collingwood and often I find myself agreeing. I differ in this opinion though. I can’t help but think there is some missing information here.

These players that you claim are ahead of Darcy in intercept marks: McGovern/Keath/Aliir/J.Walker/Weitering/S.Collins would have greater opportunity given the amount of inside 50’s they have conceded.

In 2019, I would clearly have Moore ahead of all those for AA contention- intercept Marks, spoils and repelling attacks he wins hands down. I also have him ahead of Hooker as a KPD. Stewart is a half back flanker similar to our very own Langdon and Howe- who Darcy competes with for intercept marks.

Knight, I enjoy reading your perspective on footy and Collingwood and often I find myself agreeing. I differ in this opinion though. I can’t help but think there is some missing information here.

These players that you claim are ahead of Darcy in intercept marks: McGovern/Keath/Aliir/J.Walker/Weitering/S.Collins would have greater opportunity given the amount of inside 50’s they have conceded.

In 2019, I would clearly have Moore ahead of all those for AA contention- intercept Marks, spoils and repelling attacks he wins hands down. I also have him ahead of Hooker as a KPD. Stewart is a half back flanker similar to our very own Langdon and Howe- who Darcy competes with for intercept marks.

Showing that you need to Watch games and not just look at the Stats

I'm not saying those guys are specifically better. Collins is an elite intercept mark (historic numbers in the VFL last year) but he's not the stopper Moore is and in overall game is behind. Weitering struggles defending the lead, he's having a good season but he's not on Moore's level yet as a younger player.

Walker I'm liking a lot and he's probably better as an intercepter than Moore but not as athletic, as skilled or as good of a stopper so just behind.

Overall I see it as there are an incredible number of really exceptional key defenders in the competition.

The main point of contention as been that many feel Moore is an All-Australian this year and I'm not prepared to agree. This year I'd be picking McGovern and Hooker with Stewart as a third tall. Though there are another 10 or so exceptional key defenders with the players at that position really evolving over recent years with the quality of key defenders the best it's ever been with all these intercept marking and contested marking key defenders and few plain stoppers who don't offer anything else.

Hope the club develops him as a key forward, if he has the capability to play their.

Going by there Feature Video on him it sounds like they will start with him up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 7 and we are talking AA selections... Really ? And I give credence to the theory that AA teams are selected for a 'body of work' over this and the previous season...

No one is saying he be AA at Years End. More saying in his 1st 7 Rounds he been playing up to a AA Standered

I'm not saying those guys are specifically better. Collins is an elite intercept mark (historic numbers in the VFL last year) but he's not the stopper Moore is and in overall game is behind. Weitering struggles defending the lead, he's having a good season but he's not on Moore's level yet as a younger player.

Walker I'm liking a lot and he's probably better as an intercepter than Moore but not as athletic, as skilled or as good of a stopper so just behind.

Overall I see it as there are an incredible number of really exceptional key defenders in the competition.

The main point of contention as been that many feel Moore is an All-Australian this year and I'm not prepared to agree. This year I'd be picking McGovern and Hooker with Stewart as a third tall. Though there are another 10 or so exceptional key defenders with the players at that position really evolving over recent years with the quality of key defenders the best it's ever been with all these intercept marking and contested marking key defenders and few plain stoppers who don't offer anything else.
I’d take Moore’s 7 games over Hooker’s 4 at this stage of the season

I'm projecting ahead based on standard of performance.

Missing 3 games doesn't mean missing a position on the All-Australian team.
That’s true, but I value the consistency in which Moore has played over the seven games than what Hooker has over his four.

IMO if they continue as they are, Moore is ahead for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back