List Mgmt. Tom Wilson Signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I allowed to like him?

Maybe Wilson is really Moore.

He’s two people in reality.

A first.

All of Moore, Wilson and Lever are arrogant twats, have clearly spent time overseas.

What is it about living overseas that turns people into arrogant twats?

Such a shlt place is overseas.

All of Moore, Wilson and Lever are arrogant twats, have clearly spent time overseas.

What is it about living overseas that turns people into arrogant twats?

Such a shlt place is overseas.

I'm so big on this issue that I think the 1990 flag is tainted because we played Wright and Manson - the sea crossing vermin.

He doesn't seem arrogant to me at all. He seems very well rounded, well spoken and obviously been around the traps before. He's taking on a big risk taking a Cat B rookie contract which I imagine is tiny and giving up a pro basketball career... he obviously has a lot of faith in himself he can make it.
He had 3 major clubs after his services and he costed no trade currency. I can almost guarantee he’ll be on very good coin.

I really like the kid.

If you look at what he actually said, there was a very solid dose of humility in his words. He said more than once that he hasn't even had a single training session yet, let alone thought about when he might be ready to play. Seems very open to what the coaching staff will want from him. Assumes nothing, but expects a lot from himself and aims high. Just what you want. Stephenson gives off a similar, self assured vibe.

I sense good things coming in the long term. We'll have to be patient, but all the ingredients are there for another absolute bargain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What gave you the impression he was up himself? I haven't seen anything to suggest that.
Comparing himself to Pendlebury, saying that each have strengths...pendles could go down as our greatest ever. In any case as I said, he’s a good get...and as I said in a follow up post it’s refreshing in a way...that a player can say what he thinks. It happens everywhere else in the world.

Comparing himself to Pendlebury, saying that each have strengths...pendles could go down as our greatest ever. In any case as I said, he’s a good get...and as I said in a follow up post it’s refreshing in a way...that a player can say what he thinks. It happens everywhere else in the world.

He's not comparing his football ability to Pendles... he's comparing the switch from basketball to football and how Pendlebury's success inspired him. He didn't go out there and say he's the next Pendlebury.... that would be arrogant lol.

Yeah naah.
Your 'reason' was that he lived overseas so is arrogant. That just sounds like a chip on shoulder type of thing.
Lel. That sophisticated viewpoint.
Besides which, the 2 above posters share my view. Didn't come across as arrogant in the least.
I don’t get it. So you win arguments by consensus? The majority of Germany supported the Nazis, does that mean they were right?

I think most sports people are arrogant, you sort of have to be. What we are used to in Australia, and what we accept is Pat Rafter type athletes. The rest of the world is used to people saying what they think, if an athletes thinks he’s comparable to Pendlebury he’ll say it...that is the extent of my point. I also followe up by saying I think he’s a good get, so I don’t get what the issue is.

You’re taking the piss right? He wasn’t comparing his football ability to Pendles. Get a grip. The guy was humble as anything during that presser, all he was doing was responding to the incessant talk about Pendlebury/basketball.

I don’t get it. So you win arguments by consensus? The majority of Germany supported the Nazis, does that mean they were right?

I think most sports people are arrogant, you sort of have to be. What we are used to in Australia, and what we accept is Pat Rafter type athletes. The rest of the world is used to people saying what they think, if an athletes thinks he’s comparable to Pendlebury he’ll say it...that is the extent of my point. I also followe up by saying I think he’s a good get, so I don’t get what the issue is.

The majority of Germany were desperate for change and were sucked in by the promises of a political party offering just that, little realizing what they were actually getting into bed with.

Arrogant not arrogant, that’s one thing.

Calling a new player a twat probably is what got the counter punch.

But anyway, it’s all on an even keel again as he’s a basketball player, not no more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back