List Mgmt. Tom Wilson Signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You need a thorough pony whip from Bad Horse for mentioning the French connection.
:syringe:
Board rules prevent me from posting anything offensive so unfortunately I can't show the similarities between Wilson and the French Connection But let me say Wilson missed a golden opportunity to immediate BF stardom by not starting his presser with "I am shocked to be sitting here"

I don’t get it. So you win arguments by consensus? The majority of Germany supported the Nazis, does that mean they were right?

I think most sports people are arrogant, you sort of have to be. What we are used to in Australia, and what we accept is Pat Rafter type athletes. The rest of the world is used to people saying what they think, if an athletes thinks he’s comparable to Pendlebury he’ll say it...that is the extent of my point. I also followe up by saying I think he’s a good get, so I don’t get what the issue is.
Allow me to divulge in some true arrogance by stating this fact.

The premise of your original statement is ridiculous as is your subsequent 'argument'
In conclusion, you are wrong.

Last edited:

Uh oh, points off for using the word 'surreal' when referring to landing at the Pies. Its not surreal, and I wish AFL footballers would cut that from their collective vocabulary.

But moving on - how tall is Tom? Can he keep growing (probably not at 21)? I'd like to start arguing about his height. I'd also like to use the tried and true BF scientific approach of having him stand next to Murphy to determine his height. Its foolproof.

Uh oh, points off for using the word 'surreal' when referring to landing at the Pies. Its not surreal, and I wish AFL footballers would cut that from their collective vocabulary.

But moving on - how tall is Tom? Can he keep growing (probably not at 21)? I'd like to start arguing about his height. I'd also like to use the tried and true BF scientific approach of having him stand next to Murphy to determine his height. Its foolproof.

He's 194cm. Which means he stands in Murphys shadow.

But in that under 16 footage, he doesn't look that tall. I suppose he could have grown, but that seems unlikely.
Usually growing keeps going way past 16.
Has nice height.

What's wrong with saying surreal? It would feel unbelievable and fantastic to suddenly be a peer of people you have looked up to...

What's wrong with saying surreal? It would feel unbelievable and fantastic to suddenly be a peer of people you have looked up to...

I'm with you Sirlothie.
The word's come to simply mean weird. Let language live change and adapt. Don't stifle it with a static meaning that doesn't change over time. Otherwise we'll end up like the French and we don't want that, their from overseas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tremendously excited to have this young man at the club, extremely talented athlete with enormous potential, will need time but its going to be a real ride watching his development.

There's that arrogance coming to the fore.
Did he say it’s been a rollercoaster ride of a journey? Those are my favourite clichés... especially when trotted out by My Kitchen Rules contestants in advertising.

But in that under 16 footage, he doesn't look that tall. I suppose he could have grown, but that seems unlikely.

I grew about 10cm per year right through high school. Ended up 195cm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back