Tommy Smyth with a Y - Federation Square - Feb 16 1pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If only I could take an hour off work to tell him what I really thought of his incompetence.

When will the next edition of Soccernet Presspass be on ESPN? I saw the last episode and they had a brief run down but yeah they said there will be a pretty extensive coverage next episode and I can't be bothered searching for it :p

When will the next edition of Soccernet Presspass be on ESPN? I saw the last episode and they had a brief run down but yeah they said there will be a pretty extensive coverage next episode and I can't be bothered searching for it :p

Friday Night at 10.00pm

According to the Electronic Guide on Digital at 1pm tomorrow there is a Live edition of PressPass with Tommy reporting from Federation Square while the others are in the studio...so I guess that's the next edition of the program.

By the way, does anybody know where their main studio is? I've always been curious...

According to the Electronic Guide on Digital at 1pm tomorrow there is a Live edition of PressPass with Tommy reporting from Federation Square while the others are in the studio...so I guess that's the next edition of the program.

By the way, does anybody know where their main studio is? I've always been curious...

Most ESPN stuff is done out of Bristol. So i'd say there.

Most ESPN stuff is done out of Bristol. So i'd say there.

He's at fed square at 1pm, it's 2am in Bristol then. They're in the US ;).

On topic, Smyth doesn't know anything about football. He's getting paid to analyse games and doesn't have a clue what's going on. Made a carreer out of having a big mouth and saying something funny every now and then. But half of ESPN is no better than him unfortunately.

He's at fed square at 1pm, it's 2am in Bristol then. They're in the US ;).

On topic, Smyth doesn't know anything about football. He's getting paid to analyse games and doesn't have a clue what's going on. Made a carreer out of having a big mouth and saying something funny every now and then. But half of ESPN is no better than him unfortunately.

Bristol in Connecticut, that is Kompany.

But you couldn't have summed up Smyth any better.

Can someone YouTube it Please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed Press Pass but I watched the Aussie Sportscentre show this morning and they crossed to the Press Pass team for their views on the Grand Final.

Is it Andy Roberts? He mentioned Ante Covic when listing the dangerous players from Adelaide. I did get to see some footage of Tommy Smyth in Melbourne though. He's welcome on the bandwagon.

I've never watched this show before, so can someone tell me whether they'd normally mention the A-League at all?

I got the distinct impression that two of those presenters were bored and one was downright hostile to the A-League (also that they were parrotting off the names of players that they'd never heard before).

I've never watched this show before, so can someone tell me whether they'd normally mention the A-League at all?

I got the distinct impression that two of those presenters were bored and one was downright hostile to the A-League (also that they were parrotting off the names of players that they'd never heard before).

I actually think it's great that they are showing an interest in the league, even if most of them didn't seem to have much of an idea. The show is only shown in Australia, New Zealand, Africa and the Middle East so that's why they are covering it.

Personally I think Derek Rae is brilliant. Not only is he a great commentator and very knowledgeable but he is actually interested interested in Australian football as evidenced by his coverage of the Australia v Uruguay qualifier in 2005.

Derek Rae is fantastic :thumbsu: . He's the only one who never comes up with stupid things, he doesn't get sucked up by hypes and he never shows his bias. I admire him for that.

Tommy Smyth is a clown, Janusz Michalik is quite average and Dave Roberts I think is quite up himself, no idea why really. Roberts annoys me the most of all.

You can't blame them for not knowing too much about the A-league, it's hard enough already to know as much as possible about the better European leagues, even if it's your fulltime job. A better alternative might have been an Australian (old-)player or coach in the studio.

The show is basically Smyth blabbing on with the strongest Irish accent that is indecipherable and him disagreeing with Janusz who has a funny american/scandanavian accent with Dereck pretending to control the false angst.

Janusz: blablabblabalabla
Smyth: I disagree pototoe potatoe auld onion bag, lepreuchauns
Janusz: how could you say that blablabalbalabla

Janusz: well i think blablablabalbal
Smyth: im not so sure about that, onions potatoes, mr. o'reilly top'o'themornin m'luckycharms
Dereck: you guys will never get along.

Well I'll give him one thing, he was happy to mix with the supporters before the game.

He didn't need to be there and could easily have just gone off to his corporate seat but was happy to speak to our supporters and pose for photographs.

Personally I think he's a bit of an idiot and talks a lot of garbage but for the fact that he turned in Melbourne and supported our league he's got my respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back