Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does come out anything like this it does highlight what I, and many others, have said quite a few times since the 'expansion era' - given the ridiculous concessions these teams were given, they really did not draft that well.
Winning the lottery is still unlikely even with a few extra tickets.

Assume you mean over Brown?

Agree we should pay much, Geelong don't seem to be mucking around with trades this week so reckon we could cut a deal quickly if he isn't in their plans.

Yep, over Brown.

Would make for a solid if not exceptional replacement for Jones (if he does indeed go) that would help ease the load on a still seriously young Boyd.

Hey guys. I was just wondering how my club intends on getting Cooney. If the Ryder deal falls through, would a pick upgrade of one of your late 20s to our 20 be enough?

I think it depends on who we've got in mind at our picks or who we'd like. I'd probably accept that if I was the one making the decision though.

Knightmare posted a top 40 from the 2010-2013 drafts (which captures the expansion era) in August this year. Here's the top 14:

Dogs - 4
Gws - 3 (one of which has had 2 knee recos)
Port - 2
Essendon - 2
Gold Coast - 1
Pies - 1 (and a ridiculous one at that)
Crows - 1

1. Jeremy Cameron
2. Jon Patton
3. Tom Boyd
4. Jaeger O'Meara
5. Brodie Grundy
6. Joe Daniher
7. Marcus Bontempelli
8. Dyson Heppell
9. Tom Liberatore
10. Chad Wingard
11. Adam Treloar
12. Brad Crouch
13. Oliver Wines
14. Jackson Macrae

Obviously the start ups have much more depth of talent than us through those age groups, but we do have some seriously top end talent to match it with them in the coming years.
Heppell, Treloar, Libba, Wingard, Wines all ahead of Patton and definitely Grundy IMO on output thus far.

Winning the lottery is still unlikely even with a few extra tickets.
Except it's totally luck with the lottery - if you're a good recruiter you'll make the best of it no matter where you end up. See: Stephen Wells. In my opinion GWS and GC were dealt a hell of a lot of cards but didn't make the most of them. Of course, not everything can be a hit, but I don't think they used them as well as they could've.

Guys these guys are behind Rance, Chaplin,

Mark Astbury

Injuries continue to halt the tall and athletic defender’s progress, but he showed his quality in a number of games in 2013. Started the season with a foot problem and suffered leg and hamstring
injuries through the year, playing five AFL games. Displayed an ability to marshal the defence at VFL level and lock down on key forwards. Highly rated and clearly capable at the top level when given an injury-free run.

Draft history: 2009 AFL Draft 3rd round selection (Richmond) No. 35 overall.

Dylan Grimes??

After long-term hamstring injuries in 2011 and 2012, Grimes suffered a stress fracture in his foot in 2013, missing 11 games mid-season. The brother of Melbourne’s Jack Grimes, he worked
back to play the last four games, proving his value as a versatile and classy key defender. Reads the play well and has re-signed until the end of 2015.

Player honours: AFL Rising Star nominee 2012.
Draft history: 2010 AFL Pre-Season Draft 1st round selection (Richmond) No. 2 overall.
I want Todd Elton. Has played one game only but has looked good in the VFL

Hey guys. I was just wondering how my club intends on getting Cooney. If the Ryder deal falls through, would a pick upgrade of one of your late 20s to our 20 be enough?

Dude appreciate your sentiments, but you aren't allowed to trade P20. And given your list manager's performance his hands will be full till 1.48pm tomorrow trying to stave off the inevitable Ryder trade. And Dodoro won't trade fairly unless he is forced to, so I imagine his offer is currently P53 for Cooney and that we should be grateful for that.

I know for a fact that Michael went to the club a few hours after Griff quit and said he wanted out.

But since then I haven't heard anymore. Hopefully they calmed him down a bit and with Macca leaving might have helped him change his mind. But don't be surprised if he's a smokey at the last minute of trade week tomorrow.

Interesting. Thanks.

I want Todd Elton. Has played one game only but has looked good in the VFL

Yeah just think Tiges have an excess of KPDs, Elton might be the guy for the ruck fwd slot though, still reckon we'll go Walker it kind of makes sense given Geelong's trading, but then Richmond have too many ruck fwds too.

Just don't mention Vickery...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah just think Tiges have an excess of KPDs, Elton might be the guy for the ruck fwd slot though, still reckon we'll go Walker it kind of makes sense given Geelong's trading, but then Richmond have too many ruck fwds too.

Just don't mention Vickery...
Elton has played mainly back because of McBeanpole

Elton has played mainly back because of McBeanpole

Has he? Was just going off the Tiges web site description never really seen him, but if you think he's ok...I recall his name mentioned before as a possible target, don't know if it was you.

I would be interested to hear peoples view as to if they would do this trade. I would be very line ball, probably not as I think he will become a very good defender.

I'd do it would even throw in P27, get Goddard maybe, but I don't see Adelaide doing it.

Think Walker is the smart option to hold down CHF if we can trade him in and we have Crameri move to midfield whilst Stringer develops (I want to leave him forward for the rest of his career though), but he could be our Hird without the drugs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back