Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
best to keep in mind with Sweet averages are out of whack as he played a game against a ruckless gold coast in a msall sample size to begin with. That average of 20 hitouts is a number he only reached once and it was in that game
I mean Grundy had 37 against Graham, Big O had 33. You can’t just completely write off Sweets game (31ho) because he was up against him, it was his debut game of AFL football after all and he only played 64% game time

threenewpadlocks

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I mean Grundy had 37 against Graham, Big O had 33. You can’t just completely write off Sweets game (31ho) because he was up against him, it was his debut game of AFL football after all and he only played 64% game time
Both those games had 2nd rucks ruck more (ie Cameron had 13 hitouts for Collingwood), in addition to the fact that Gold Coast eventually worked out as the season progressed that Burgess was a better ruck than Graham, because Graham was getting beaten by the Sweet types. Burgess actually rucked more than Graham and was marginally more competitive than the Big O types toward the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Both those games had 2nd rucks ruck more (ie Cameron had 13 hitouts for Collingwood), in addition to the fact that Gold Coast eventually worked out as the season progressed that Burgess was a better ruck than Graham, because Graham was getting beaten by the Sweet types. Burgess actually rucked more than Graham and was marginally more competitive than the Big O types toward the end of the season.
We had 13 between Young and Timmy, Sweet only had 64% game time too so it’s not like he rucked all day. Not claiming it as anything to write home about just pointing out that it’s a bit silly to completely write off his stats for the time - it was a good debut

Oliver Gigacz

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking at the Western Bulldogs Senior List (web site) a lot of the players have grown an inch or two
Cordy was 193 for years now 195 - must have the long stops on ;)
Here is our 2021 list as confirmed by Champion Data at the start of the year. Regardless of accuracy this is what will go into the record books.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 6.52.25 pm.png

Oliver Gigacz

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
19 Hitouts to advantage for the year. I have absolutely no figure for comparison…but that sounds very bad!
Thanks very much :)
So Zordy for first ruck then Sweety 2nd :D
Interesting, It’s not bad reading for Sweet against Martin really, what does it look like for Martin if you take out round 12 when he was injured?

should maybe add Clearances and Tackles too as it’s probably an important stat for rucks!
I posted this a couple of weeks ago but I thought with all the recent discussion it would be worth posting again.

45 players contested 200+ ruck contests in 2021. 4 of them were Bulldogs and all 4 ranked in the bottom 12 and all are well below the competition average for Hitout Win Percentage which is 42%...

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 9.20.05 pm.png

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Here is our 2021 list as confirmed by Champion Data at the start of the year. Regardless of accuracy this is what will go into the record books.

View attachment 1260487
If you seen Naughton and Bruce together in that pre-game coverage after the north game I think Naughton was actually slightly taller than Bruce so he might of shot up recently.

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2002
1300GODOGS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
I posted this a couple of weeks ago but I thought with all the recent discussion it would be worth posting again.

45 players contested 200+ ruck contests in 2021. 4 of them were Bulldogs and all 4 ranked in the bottom 12 and all are well below the competition average for Hitout Win Percentage which is 42%...

View attachment 1260489
We should get a new ruckman!

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!

View attachment 1260489
See Casboult on there… If he was exclusively rucking and not primarily a forward he might go up that ranking a bit. Can pinch hit in other positions.

I don’t see why we wouldn’t do it.

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Callum Twomey reckons clubs are eyeing off our first pick for points in exchange. The benefit to us is that the points left over from Darcy will be a pick in the late 30s / early 40s instead of a pick at the end of the draft.

Say our pick 23 to Sydney in exchange for 31 and 39. Gives us an extra 237 points. Sydney move up to pick 23.

Northernsoul74

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Callum Twomey reckons clubs are eyeing off our first pick for points in exchange. The benefit to us is that the points left over from Darcy will be a pick in the late 30s / early 40s instead of a pick at the end of the draft.

Say our pick 23 to Sydney in exchange for 31 and 39. Gives us an extra 237 points. Sydney move up to pick 23.
Sam Power said today talk will continue about more picks swaps.

Dogs Rule

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

View attachment 1260489
That's truly embarrassing, but you know, we don't have a problem apparently 🙄

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sam Power said today talk will continue about more picks swaps.
Could also be a deal for 23 with...

Cats 32 and 34 gives us an extra 311 points.

Eagles 29 and 35 gives us an extra 360 points.

Richmond 28 and 38 gives us an extra 327 points.

Sydney 31 and 39 gives us an extra 237 points.

Trust in Sammy. A deal can / will be done.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad