List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
eab3ae358d42bd0d9a0b8b0f72b354b7

...what about me??

I doubt we are in the market for Fyfe, but reckon the saints are big on him.

It's an interesting one because he missed all of last year with the broken leg, and his form this year has been pretty scratchy. I reckon he is a risk at a million, but it's what it would take to get him

I think we get too caught up in what players are paid in relation to other players.

It's not a normal workplace, where if someone shows up to do the same job I'm doing - to a rather worse standard - I'm going to be put out.

The Bulldogs don't recruit Boyd on a million a year because they think he's the best key forward in the game. They do it because they think he might be one day, and it's what they need to pay to prise him out of the club he was at. In their wildest dreams they wouldn't have expected him to take 6 pack marks in a grand final.

Schache is a blue chip investment. You pay more for a player like that. In the current climate, any player with a bit of promise has the opportunity to earn more at a different club. The players are not "insulted" by this at all.

For the record, there's been a lot of comparisons of players at various stages of their careers here lately. Schache has played 23 games for 22 goals - the exact amount Franklin was on at that stage.

People are saying he hasn't shown anything, but I think he's shown about what you'd expect for a teenager in his second year - maybe even a little more. Did anyone expect him to have 60 goals by now?

Recruiting Schache would be a massive coup for us and with him and Moore together, our KPF stocks would be sorted for 10 years. (Just quietly, as an added bonus the Brisbane board would be a fun little read during trade week as well).

I like sidebottom alot...however i wouldnt seriously be looking at landing fyfe or disty and trading out sidey for a first rd pick, maybe one of saints?

Then draft a key forward and key defender.

We dont really lose anything in terms of players but gain 2 key position players in the one draft..

I doubt we are in the market for Fyfe, but reckon the saints are big on him.

It's an interesting one because he missed all of last year with the broken leg, and his form this year has been pretty scratchy. I reckon he is a risk at a million, but it's what it would take to get him

Hope freo match and bris make them pay overs...

Little hypothetical trade I've been thinking about. Let me know your thoughts...

Adelaide receive: Gibbs, Carl 2018 2nd
Carlton receive: Coll 2018 1st, Adel 2017 2nd
Coll receive: Lever

We should be all over Steven May.

Exactly what we need.

Depth Chart then reads

May
Reid
Schade
Dunn
McClarty

and we need a forward to pair with Moore, not a big fan of Sam Reid but probably all that will be available.

Schache is fools gold imo.

Little hypothetical trade I've been thinking about. Let me know your thoughts...

Nup. Want the Blues to suck it up and get ripped off for Gibbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be all over Steven May.

Exactly what we need.

Depth Chart then reads

May
Reid
Schade
Dunn
McClarty

and we need a forward to pair with Moore, not a big fan of Sam Reid but probably all that will be available.

Schache is fools gold imo.

Only IF he plays Up Forward

I think Adelaide are being reamed. Gibbs is good, but he's not young anymore. Blues seem to be making off like bandits in comparison. Collingwood first 2018 for Lever is probably fairer.

Yes, let's play a top 5 league wide mid and our best mid as a below average key forward. Makes sense.
Pendles would hold his own as a KF, he has the height,strength and class...so not sure how you can refer to him as a below avge key forward when he has not played as one before. Dusty would replace Pendles in midfield..

Pendles would hold his own as a KF, he has the height,strength and class...so not sure how you can refer to him as a below avge key forward when he has not played as one before. Dusty would replace Pendles in midfield..

and Pendles has NEVER EVER played as a KPP

Dusty won't be at Collingwood next year and I don't want him at Collingwood

and Pendles has NEVER EVER played as a KPP

Dusty won't be at Collingwood next year and I don't want him at Collingwood
Would love Dusty at Pies....we would be a 3-4 goal better side instantly.
IMO Pendles could evolve into a key forward without a doubt..

Because he's below average overhead and in contested marking and not a great set shot.

You're suggesting playing him in the one position that would highlight the only real weaknesses in his game. He would not hold his own as a key forward, at least not to the standard we'd be expecting of him. It would be a total waste of a first class midfielder playing as a B grade forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back