List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would Adelaide ask for? Our first round pick would be where it starts but dont we have to use this first round pick?
Well as Gubby is gone maybe we won't sell the farm to get someone

I'd go full outrageous here and trade DeGoey and a first round for Lever, as long as you're somehow getting a Fyfe or Dusty through Free Agency.

FWIW I rate DeGoey immensely, but rate Lever more. And we need Lever more than JDG so...
Nope.
De Goey is our future (and present) beast in the making

I feel with the development of our younger mids, slowly Greenwood would be pushed out of the team.

Adelaide need midfielders. He isn't great, but serviceable.

Greenwood + our first round pick for lever.

*fairy land*

Footy journalism 101, throw Collingwood's name at a player to sell stories. If we had recruited every big name player we have been linked to we would never lose.

Why dusty though, do we need to another midfielder? Thought a key defender or a gun FF would have been on the radar.

On Pixel XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

That what I said. We need a KPP more then another Midfielder and 1 that is a Dickhead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just fwiw, i was at a pub saturday watching Collingwood v Richmond and a guy came up and was talking to me and before he left he said Dustin Martin will 100% be at Hawthorn next year, he said take it to the bank.

You hear those stories all the Time and all Different Teams

Don't get me wrong, he's actually one of my favourite players... but there aren't too many players who would be untouchable if it came to Lever.
I do understand your feelings- fair point but I just couldn't do it

Just fwiw, i was at a pub saturday watching Collingwood v Richmond and a guy came up and was talking to me and before he left he said Dustin Martin will 100% be at Hawthorn next year, he said take it to the bank.

It makes sense that the Hawks would target a free agent as they have no draft picks next year and beyond.

Brett Anderson on SEN just said that Collingwood have emerged as suitors for Dusty Martin "IF" he can be swayed from Richmond.

Said that he believes we still have the cap space to lure a big fish over the next two off seasons.

And so it begins..
Obviously when he heard about Swany wanting to comeback after losing some weight in the jungle he just couldn't resist

It makes sense that the Hawks would target a free agent as they have no draft picks next year and beyond.

I think the Hawks would have to be maxing out their cap, although are subject to losing Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson. So perhaps they are a chance... although acquiring a Martin (or hell, a Fyfe) would leave a lot of eggs in their midfield basket.

I think the Hawks would have to be maxing out their cap, although are subject to losing Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson. So perhaps they are a chance... although acquiring a Martin (or hell, a Fyfe) would leave a lot of eggs in their midfield basket.

It makes sense after getting rid of two champs in Micthell & Lewis..........that it was all part of their plan.

Although I don't believe Clarko when he says they could have fit them all in this year I do believe G.Wright is great at getting players from other Clubs into their Club.

Think if he gets a good run of games, Shaz is destined for the midfield longer term.

He has the attributes to play both positions. His combination of size, spatial awareness, foot skills and ball winning ability would translate well to midfield.

But I feel you use his marking better behind the ball. He can cut off forward movements with his reading of the play and marking and then damage the opposition with his footskills and decision making the other way. And importantly when the opposition is out of their defensive shape. That can be really damaging for us.

Geez I hope he comes on!

He has the attributes to play both positions. His combination of size, spatial awareness, foot skills and ball winning ability would translate well to midfield.

But I feel you use his marking better behind the ball. He can cut off forward movements with his reading of the play and marking and then damage the opposition with his footskills and decision making the other way. And importantly when the opposition is out of their defensive shape. That can be really damaging for us.

Geez I hope he comes on!
He'll be right. I have a good feeling he's over it. :)

They'll need to balance that up a bit at some stage with some recruiting to their F50 and D50 stocks. They still have a lot of players in these areas that are now closer to the end of their careers than the start, and they remain among their best performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back