Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rance is 29 this year so 8 mill might be a tad overs at this point of his career.
If he sorted our defence like he has at richmond, then id pay him more, because it would lead to success

If he sorted our defence like he has at richmond, then id pay him more, because it would lead to success
Our defence isn't the issue. It's the midfield.

350K is the average wage - Goddard has been a consistent top 4 in the B and F - No way he is on 400K.

You'd be surprised. Once you get over 30 clubs don't pay players much at all unless there is interest from other clubs. The tiny amount of money Boomer Harvey was on for the last 6/7 years of his career.

It's both.
Our defence was top 6 in terms of goals conceded/inside 50. Other than West Coast, every club who conceded less goals had significantly lower defensive inside 50 numbers.

Our defence was top 6 in terms of goals conceded/inside 50. Other than West Coast, every club who conceded less goals had significantly lower defensive inside 50 numbers.

Stats might say that but our defenders still lose too many one on ones. We also concede I50 because our kick ins get very predictable, Not as simple to say the mids are the issue, They are part of it but we have issues across most lines, All very fixable however.

So rance wouldnt elevate our defence? He is the best player at that end of the ground in the league. Why wouldnt anyone want him?

Going by all your theories of the chump changes flowing around, Rory Sloane will be on 125k a year when he is 32..... give me a spell

Stats might say that but our defenders still lose too many one on ones. We also concede I50 because our kick ins get very predictable, Not as simple to say the mids are the issue, They are part of it but we have issues across most lines, All very fixable however.
Our midfield pressure is below AFL standard, especially around stoppages. That is by and large the reason for our significantly larger inside 50's.
So rance wouldnt elevate our defence? He is the best player at that end of the ground in the league. Why wouldnt anyone want him?

Going by all your theories of the chump changes flowing around, Rory Sloane will be on 125k a year when he is 32..... give me a spell
Of course he would. But not as much as you seem to think. But you need to prioritise, and in the end, why would Essendon chase Alex Rance when you can get Ollie Wines? Bigger need, will be here longer and is actually more likely to come here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the thread should be locked tbh

Our midfield pressure is below AFL standard, especially around stoppages. That is by and large the reason for our significantly larger inside 50's.

Of course he would. But not as much as you seem to think. But you need to prioritise, and in the end, why would Essendon chase Alex Rance when you can get Ollie Wines? Bigger need, will be here longer and is actually more likely to come here.

Where did i say id take rance over wines or anyone else?

I just said id pay him a heap. He is literally like playing with 7 defenders each week

I know its round two, but freo pantsed us in the middle and specifically at the clearances. Obviously an A-grader like Wines is optimal but would cost a lot of assets in a trade.

Some thoughts on a way-too-early possible realistic targets list as of round 2 that wouldnt necessarily break the bank at this point

- Mitch Wallis: out of favour at the dogs so far and also the back end of last. Exactly the sort of player we need. Somewhere between pick 20-30 is fair i reckon.
- anthony miles: nuff said
-Angus Brayshaw/Dom Tyson: both have been in and out of the team for form and injuries last year. Both are fit now though and arent getting picked in a stacked inside midfield group.

Others that will be slightly harder
- Ben Cunnington: is vice captain and under contract, but North need picks with some academy and f/s this year and if they are fully embracing the youth movement might convince north to let him go. Exactly what we need. Pick 15-20ish.
-Jordan De Goey: bit of a gamble for sure and is odds on to break into the pies midfield sooner rather than later. But if he stays out of the team long enough he may look around. And with two really bizarre incidents in two years the pies may be willing to as well. Regardless, he is highly talented.

I know its round two, but freo pantsed us in the middle and specifically at the clearances. Obviously an A-grader like Wines is optimal but would cost a lot of assets in a trade.

Some thoughts on a way-too-early possible realistic targets list as of round 2 that wouldnt necessarily break the bank at this point

- Mitch Wallis: out of favour at the dogs so far and also the back end of last. Exactly the sort of player we need. Somewhere between pick 20-30 is fair i reckon.
-Angus Brayshaw/Dom Tyson: both have been in and out of the team for form and injuries last year. Both are fit now though and arent getting picked in a stacked inside midfield group.

- Ben Cunnington: is vice captain and under contract, but North need picks with some academy and f/s this year and if they are fully embracing the youth movement might convince north to let him go. Exactly what we need. Pick 15-20ish.
-Jordan De Goey: bit of a gamble for sure and is odds on to break into the pies midfield sooner rather than later. But if he stays out of the team long enough he may look around. And with two really bizarre incidents in two years the pies may be willing to as well. Regardless, he is highly talented.

Not bad reckon both Dom Tyson and De Goey are both gettable

If Cunnington is 15-20 we should jump at it. He’s top 10 pick for me.

Under rated because he’s at north. He would be a great pick up tho and someone I haven’t thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back