Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why does he have such a low turnover rate for an inside mid? I'm not suggesting he's a brilliant kick but if he were as bad as you were suggesting he'd probably have the most turnovers in the league.

So by your logic he’s a better kick than Dusty who averages just under 5 turnovers a game and averaged over 6 per game last season? In fact Dusty 30 more than his mate Grigg for same number of games?

Dunstan wouldn't be top 5 at the Saints B&F let alone ours. There's a reason he started the year playing for Sandringham
I never said ours. I said theirs. And he absolutely would be. He's top 3 in clearances, CP, tackles at St. Kilda, the three most important stats for an inside midfielder. Name 5 players who've been better than him this season? Steven, Webster, Gresham maybe.
So by your logic he’s a better kick than Dusty who averages just under 5 turnovers a game and averaged over 6 per game last season? In fact Dusty 30 more than his mate Grigg for same number of games?
No, I said he's not as bad as you make out. You're acting as if he turns it over with every other kick.

No, I said he's not as bad as you make out. You're acting as if he turns it over with every other kick.

I made the observation that in my view he’s not a very good kick.

You say there is ‘quantifiable evidence’ that he is. But I’m simply pointing out that evidence ie turnovers per game on its own is a useless stat. If it is quantifiable then you would have to say he’s a better user of the ball than Dusty. Anyway....

I made the observation that in my view he’s not a very good kick.

You say there is ‘quantifiable evidence’ that he isn’t. But I’m simply pointing out that evidence ie turnovers per game on its own is a useless stat. If it is quantifiable then you would have to say he’s a better user of the ball than Dusty. Anyway....
I never said that someone who has a higher turnover per game is a worse kick. I said that he has a relatively low turnover rate for an inside midfielder, which indicates that he is better than you suggest, and that he generally goes okay.

Would be a bold move. 4 or 5 year deal on big coin would be what it would take to even get a meeting with him you'd think.
He already has one of those... besides he wont the sai ts b&f last year. Would take a kings ransom to pry him free.
I'd rather play Clarke all year in 2019 then trade for Dunstan.

Tyson I'm not sure on, I'd take Wallis as a FA but not through a trade.

If the player is not of top shelf quality go to the draft.
That genuinely sounds like a smart offseason for us to have. Heres hoping.

Possibly surplus to needs but rumours circling Jake Lloyd and Nic Newman aren't happy with what they're being offered at the Swans and could be squeezed out.

We'd be silly not to ask the question on Jake Lloyd, classy half back that is in the right age bracket.

We have Redman, Francis, Saad, McKenna, Ridley, Gleeson and McGrath (even though I prefer him as a mid) as young and either good or tracking very well half backs. We already have a logjam there, Newman and Lloyd only add to it.

Possibly surplus to needs but rumours circling Jake Lloyd and Nic Newman aren't happy with what they're being offered at the Swans and could be squeezed out.

We'd be silly not to ask the question on Jake Lloyd, classy half back that is in the right age bracket.
I like Lloyd but we really have a plethora of options to play that roll. I'd stick with bolstering the midfield during the trade/draft period.

I can't see us going after a half back option, we simply have too many already. We can't even fit them all into one team if they were all fit.
Thinking about our backline (bolds being best 22 when fit):
We have smalls that play lockdown roles: Saad, McKenna, McGrath (when needed), McNiece. Not counting Baguley because he's past it.
Then we have a host of medium sized to third tall options: Gleeson, Redman, Dea, Ridley, Ambrose
Then genuine talls: Hurley, Hooker, Hartley, Brown, Francis

Out of the non bolds: Redman, Ridley and Francis are looking pretty likely as prospects as well.

At most maybe a depth lockdown small defender might be useful but not something that I would want to trade for. Probably more of a late pick type thing for a mature player.

Our immediate needs to me are:
1) Inside midfielders
2) Key forward
3) Outside midfielder with great running capacity and good pace
4) Another quality small/medium forward
5) Ruck

1) is urgent and 2/3 would be pretty handy. 4 and 5 is more for depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark from the HS claiming that Gws might be open to trading Dylan Shiel with Shiel open to moving back to Victoria

Dodoro get on to it mate he’s exactly what we need
If he changes his name to Dylan Kelly he might get 1.4m from Norf

In all seriousness thre would be 10 Vic clubs keen on him. Tigers gave him a red hot crack two years ago.
Would be costly but worth it. Cant see it happening though.

Yeah Lloyd I would consider a luxury, and if there is a cap squeeze and it is a money thing I suspect we'll be priced out of the market by a Carlton or St. Kilda type club that will throw the bank at him given he'd fall in the 'yeah he'd be nice, but he's not a must' basket for us.

If Newman doesn't break back in this year I suspect he'll go cheap to a club that can offer him opportunity, but he's a really nice depth player given he can play wing/half back/half forward is a pretty good ball user.

Jay Clark from the HS claiming that Gws might be open to trading Dylan Shiel with Shiel open to moving back to Victoria

Dodoro get on to it mate he’s exactly what we need
Yes please.
Devon and Dylan were my favourite giants
Having them both in red and black would be nice

Dylan Shiel is one of the few players I’d even consider giving up two first round picks for. Gun midfielder that would make us a much better team.

uh, trying to convert half backs into midfielders is what got us into this position in the first place....
Other than Heppell and currently Pidge, who did we try to do this to?

Genuine question, how much more do we expect from Mitch Wallis than Myers?

Admittedly Wallis is cleaner by hand but he's not the bull that Myers is and I don't know that he can do the defensive role around the ball as effectively.

Is it being proposed that we sign a free agent like Wallis, who presumably will not come that cheap, to be best 22 or do we want him to be depth? Do we need him and Myers as depth keeping in mind that players will improve, ect,?

Genuine question, how much more do we expect from Mitch Wallis than Myers?

Admittedly Wallis is cleaner by hand but he's not the bull that Myers is and I don't know that he can do the defensive role around the ball as effectively.

Is it being proposed that we sign a free agent like Wallis, who presumably will not come that cheap, to be best 22 or do we want him to be depth? Do we need him and Myers as depth keeping in mind that players will improve, ect,?
He just made the decision easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back