Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we would have picked the high ceiling low floor ready to play type to get us over the 6th placed hump?

Even we’re not that short sighted
Who knows if we would have taken him... I reckon as a club right now we have a high ceiling but also a really low floor (which is where we are currently sitting) kinda like a church. Compare that to a Geelong, who I reckon have a slightly lower ceiling but a much much higher floor... kinda like an apartment.

Whilst we have some explosive guys, I don’t know just how aerobic they are (Fantasia, Saad, McKenna, AMT, Laverde). We seem to be cooked towards the end of third and fourth quarters.

Fantasia is arguably the most aerobic player at the club. Covers above average km's across the league for midfielders, and his his ability to burn off oppositon players under severe fatigue is elite.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

I never quite understood the whole future trading thing but is the requirement of a 2x first rounders taken in a 4 year period a rolling one or is it from the time of the initial trade?

So we need to take 2 x first rounders by 2020 or something?
It depends on which club it is and how Gill is feeling at the time.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Wines apparantly re-signed
1464586257325.gif

wouldn't read to much into the Crouch thing, Adelaide are struggling and thete players walking out is news of the month at the moment.
AFC mgmt seems to be the thorn in the side of the players at the moment.
Money, Fitness staff, camps.

They've always bled players because of the strict contract conditions they've stuck to.
Lever, Tippett, Bock, Davis - all could have been held with cash
Danger, Cameron, Gunston, Lyons were different in that either went home or for opportunity.
Then screwed it up by giving JJ a big contract and trying hard but not hard enough to keep Lever.

Brad does come with a long history of injury, but at his best is a clearance machine.
Matt paired up with Merrett, Smith and Stringer would give us a ripping outside midfield.

If it was our 2018 & 2019 1sts + a player you'd have to bite.

Heppell, Merrett, Crouch x2, Stringer, Smith.
That's claims to the best midfield in the comp.

pipedream stuff, but im a fan of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda supporters keep pushing the idea of Billings to Essendon for our 1st. Not that they want it, but that they are resigned to it.

I don't think he suits our needs, but Dyson + 3rd for Billings will do it for me.

St Kilda supporters keep pushing the idea of Billings to Essendon for our 1st. Not that they want it, but that they are resigned to it.

I don't think he suits our needs, but Dyson + 3rd for Billings will do it for me.

It would be hilarious if we did make that trade then he turned into the player everyone thought he would be.
He would allow Fanta to spend more time up the ground.

Really? I actually simply don't think he suits our needs. Sometimes, players with potential don't suit list needs.
No to Billings from me as well.

Need quality ball users and would easily be an upgrade on Baguley or Green. Get Wallis and retain a first rounder for another inside mid and we’ve got him and addressed needs.

Need quality ball users and would easily be an upgrade on Baguley or Green. Get Wallis and retain a first rounder for another inside mid and we’ve got him and addressed needs.
That will not happen for Billings, which is my point. We have a plethora of players that can be an upgrade on Green or Baguley. Wallis, Tyson or Dunstan fill needs, will come cheaper and actually allow players like Walla and Fantasia to play forward FT.

Jack Billings has actually shown he can be a goal kicking midfielder over the duration of a full season. Something very few on our list have shown. I'd be surprised if he was on the trade block.

Last edited:
Dunstan would come cheaper and would better address our needs.
Wallis and Dunstan are pretty much the same player. Both B grade inside mids with no real scope to improve. (Wallis probably does slightly if he can play 18+ games a year)

I don't mind Dunstan but would cost a second, Wallis could be free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back