List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a whisper that Hopper was given a gatorade bottle of piss, which he unknowingly drank, a hazing ritual.

Man, if thats true, i cant blame him for wanting to leave. Would be a pretty shitty thing to do.
Without substance or credible reference I dont really want hear this on our board. It's a fine line between discussion and trolling.

Without substance or credible reference I dont really want hear this on our board. It's a fine line between discussion and trolling.
Wasnt trolling.

I was wondering if you guys had heard similar. It was a 3-4 th hand story. Thats why it was 'i heard' and 'if its true'.

Anyway, I hope its not true.

Wasnt trolling.

I was wondering if you guys had heard similar. It was a 3-4 th hand story. Thats why it was 'i heard' and 'if its true'.

Anyway, I hope its not true.
The way I look at these things is would I go onto an opposition board with a post like that, and I wouldn't.
But benefit if the doubt so lets drop it.

There was a whisper that Hopper was given a gatorade bottle of piss, which he unknowingly drank, a hazing ritual.

Man, if thats true, i cant blame him for wanting to leave. Would be a pretty shitty thing to do.

Mate its not the 1980's and we are not one of those clubs that organise boat cruises for new draftees to drink piss all day and do this kind of s**t as an introduction to AFL. Can see why you would believe it though.

I'd happily take Ivanka.

Happily.

Unfortunately she's Trumps second born, so.....
8fa80ca5f074638805eec04b64c28d44.jpg
it looks like you're stuck with Donald Jnr!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton Pick 3 in
Kennedy, Hopper, Smith **salary dump** out.
Smith is in now way shape or form a salary dump. Personally I say late first rounder. He might be a bit down on form and has had lingering knee issues. He'd be your best o/s mid by a fair margin in my view. He's in our leadership group for a reason.
Otherwise probably close to value if you leave Smith out.

Smith is in now way shape or form a salary dump. Personally I say late first rounder. He might be a bit down on form and has had lingering knee issues. He'd be your best o/s mid by a fair margin in my view. He's in our leadership group for a reason.
Otherwise probably close to value if you leave Smith out.

I must not have posted this correctly those three players PLUS a salary dump ie Griffin for example. For Pick 3.

Otherwise I think SOS will split Pick 3 into 2 x lower first rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must not have posted this correctly those three players PLUS a salary dump ie Griffin for example. For Pick 3.

Otherwise I think SOS will split Pick 3 into 2 x lower first rounders.
In that case a bit unders, I think. You're on the right track cos I think we will want high draft picks this year with no academy talent. Bit like selling the farm though. Any cap relief, which we very much might be grateful for, we'd want to use to hold those three I think.

Why do we need to do a salary dump 2 years in a row?

Your cap space is bloody tight and will only get worse in the next 1-2 years. With some of your players taking off and showing their wares they will want more money as new contract negotiations arise. There are 17 teams salivating at the thought of the talent that is relegated to the NEAFL, yet alone your starting 22. The AFL cannot continue to artificially prop you guys up as a long term strategy, this fact alone I am sure the GWS management will know. It stands to reason say in the next 5 years, things will balance out and you will not be able to keep this team together, at least in its current format.

You will need to make extremely well calculated decisions to keep the ones you need to keep and offload the ones you don't think will move you forward. The skill for the other clubs will be choosing or forcing your hand to add to their lists but seemingly helping your guys out.

You can't keep 22 Michael Jordans in one team. Market forces will dictate what will play out in the long term. The best thing for you guys would be to grab a flag now, improve the brand thus building loyalty. Most of your players don't have a stake or ties in Sydney, the lure to go home will be strong, even if it means slightly less earnings over the long term.

Lets face it, AFL is a finite career choice, to maximise earning potential, one needs to be discerning.

Your cap space is bloody tight and will only get worse in the next 1-2 years. With some of your players taking off and showing their wares they will want more money as new contract negotiations arise. There are 17 teams salivating at the thought of the talent that is relegated to the NEAFL, yet alone your starting 22. The AFL cannot continue to artificially prop you guys up as a long term strategy, this fact alone I am sure the GWS management will know. It stands to reason say in the next 5 years, things will balance out and you will not be able to keep this team together, at least in its current format.

You will need to make extremely well calculated decisions to keep the ones you need to keep and offload the ones you don't think will move you forward. The skill for the other clubs will be choosing or forcing your hand to add to their lists but seemingly helping your guys out.

You can't keep 22 Michael Jordans in one team. Market forces will dictate what will play out in the long term. The best thing for you guys would be to grab a flag now, improve the brand thus building loyalty. Most of your players don't have a stake or ties in Sydney, the lure to go home will be strong, even if it means slightly less earnings over the long term.

Lets face it, AFL is a finite career choice, to maximise earning potential, one needs to be discerning.

Wow can I get that minute back..

Your cap space is bloody tight and will only get worse in the next 1-2 years.
Who says our cap is tight?
With some of your players taking off and showing their wares they will want more money as new contract negotiations arise. There are 17 teams salivating at the thought of the talent that is relegated to the NEAFL, yet alone your starting 22.
Our NEAFL team came last with a record of 2 &16. So much talent...
The AFL cannot continue to artificially prop you guys up as a long term strategy, this fact alone I am sure the GWS management will know. It stands to reason say in the next 5 years, things will balance out and you will not be able to keep this team together, at least in its current format.
Here is the crux of the issue and your bias towards us shows. Let's not forget the AFL, the one's that are "artificially propping us up" are the ones that bought forward the list size and salary cap reduction ahead of schedule and took off areas of our Academy zone on the back of 2 players who last year were tipped to go 1&2 and are now lucky to be in the top 40 hahahaha

You will need to make extremely well calculated decisions to keep the ones you need to keep and offload the ones you don't think will move you forward.
Our list management team have done a good job since day one, I think they would know what to do, who to keep and who to move along without your little pep talk.
The skill for the other clubs will be choosing or forcing your hand to add to their lists but seemingly helping your guys out.
No club helps us out, no club has any interest in helping any club out. That is bad business.

You can't keep 22 Michael Jordans in one team.
We don't.
Market forces will dictate what will play out in the long term.
Thanks for the economics lesson Mr Bloomberg.
The best thing for you guys would be to grab a flag now, improve the brand thus building loyalty.
Are you the most delusional poster on Big Footy? The best thing for any club is to win a flag you piss ant.
Most of your players don't have a stake or ties in Sydney, the lure to go home will be strong, even if it means slightly less earnings over the long term.
Neither did Buddy Franklin, but he made the move...

In your horribly skewed, flawed opinion.

I started reading. Then stopped.

Even i have better things to do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Here is the crux of the issue and your bias towards us shows. Let's not forget the AFL, the one's that are "artificially propping us up" are the ones that bought forward the list size and salary cap reduction ahead of schedule and took off areas of our Academy zone on the back of 2 players who last year were tipped to go 1&2 and are now lucky to be in the top 40 hahahaha

Our list management team have done a good job since day one, I think they would know what to do, who to keep and who to move along without your little pep talk. No club helps us out, no club has any interest in helping any club out. That is bad business.

We don't. Thanks for the economics lesson Mr Bloomberg. Are you the most delusional poster on Big Footy? The best thing for any club is to win a flag you piss ant. Neither did Buddy Franklin, but he made the move...

Thanks Snook for breaking that down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Our list management team have done a good job since day one, I think they would know what to do, who to keep and who to move along without your little pep talk. No club helps us out, no club has any interest in helping any club out. That is bad business.

We don't. Thanks for the economics lesson Mr Bloomberg. Are you the most delusional poster on Big Footy? The best thing for any club is to win a flag you piss ant. Neither did Buddy Franklin, but he made the move...

Eloquent and succinct. Well done.

Pardon my ignorance but I can't be bothered scrolling through previous pages. What's your guys feelings on the Kelly situation? Staying? Going? Who would you like to trade him to if he's going?

Most of your players don't have a stake or ties in Sydney, the lure to go home will be strong.

Snookers quite eloquently rubbished your post point by point, but I wanted to put this one to bed.

The Swans have 5 South Australians, 17 Victorians, 5 West Australians, 1 Queenslander and 10 New South Welshmen on their senior list.

We have 4 West Australians, 1 Tasmanian, 22 Victorians and 11 from NSW/ACT on our senior list.

They have 10, we have 11 from NSW - in other words, they have more players who would/should want to "go home" who as you say, "don't have a stake or ties in Sydney"

Why does no one ever talk about their "go home" factor. Why do the vultures not hover around their list? Why is it only us that are going to lose all our Victorians?

The reason.....

It's a rubbish argument.

Pure and utter dribble.

But hey, keep dribbling on, it's occasionally amusing to watch.

Pardon my ignorance but I can't be bothered scrolling through previous pages. What's your guys feelings on the Kelly situation? Staying? Going? Who would you like to trade him to if he's going?
Dont know except players staying usually commit during the season. Dont care where he goes if he does, but we will want maximum trade value in that case, naturally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back