List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small whisper which was given to me.

Rockliff to the pies.
Witts to GC.
Frost, Picks 8 & 27 to Brisbane & a Possible late pick shuffle.

* Edited to take Hanley out who wasn't meant to be in there *

Last edited:
They don't have one this year and didn't have one last year IIRC.

You're right, Treloar was used on both.

So well, if we endulge and say we're right keen on Rockliff we'd need to find one somehow otherwise who knows, the Frost element is completely irrelevant as his value ain't anywhere near Rockliff.

I know ideally what you guys would want but any thoughts on if there's anything we could conjure up that wouldn't include a first rounder? I can't see it personally.

Rockliff to the pies.
Witts & Hanley to GC.

IMO it appears worse than it is. It really depends what we tease out the Hanley trade individually as.

Rockliff to the pies.
Witts to GC.

No way Suns will give up pick 8 for Witts... any club that does should just fold.

The trade is so unbalanced. Pies and Lions get bargains.

Collingwood don't have a 1st rounder, which is why they're going after free agents like Mayne (lol) and Wells.

Rockliff to the pies.
Witts to GC.

Pick 8 for Witts? GC aren't that desperate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashcroft confirming the Hanley discussions are well advanced.

That makes me slightly happy, only because you'd assume if they're well advanced we must be happy & getting well compensated for him.

Seems likely Delidio is off to Geelong according to SEN.

They seem to think compo will be "end of first round"

Would that push our "Priority" Pick back to 20 or do compo picks rank after PP's?

Is Deledio a free agent?

I've absolutely butchered what I've been told & stuffed things up it seems, disregard it.

That's ok. I think AFL Trade Radio is looking for people with your talents!

Seems likely Delidio is off to Geelong according to SEN.

They seem to think compo will be "end of first round"

Would that push our "Priority" Pick back to 20 or do compo picks rank after PP's?

Deledio would be a trade. He's not out of contract.

It's gonna be sad to see him go. For our sake I 1. Hope the players we draft are bloody good and 2. Hope his best footy is behind him.
Very sad. I know there are attitude issues, etc, in play, but I reckon he's been treated pretty harshly. Moved over from the other side of the world at a young age, became exceptional in another spot. 9 years later, he still hasn't experienced even the slightest bit of success. Particularly for the passionate and competitive, that's gotta be grating.

Hate to see him go, but at 27/28, he's not going to play finals with us. Can't blame the lad for getting irritated and needing a change. Think it'll do him some good too.

Keen for us to be well compensated (one injury-affected season doesn't change the fact that his best is very good), and don't blame the club for moving on someone in his position (age vs value), but still... Sad to see him go.

Very sad. I know there are attitude issues, etc, in play, but I reckon he's been treated pretty harshly. Moved over from the other side of the world at a young age, became exceptional in another spot. 9 years later, he still hasn't experienced even the slightest bit of success. Particularly for the passionate and competitive, that's gotta be grating.

Hate to see him go, but at 27/28, he's not going to play finals with us. Can't blame the lad for getting irritated and needing a change. Think it'll do him some good too.

Keen for us to be well compensated (one injury-affected season doesn't change the fact that his best is very good), and don't blame the club for moving on someone in his position (age vs value), but still... Sad to see him go.

His lack of defensive running does hurt. Apart from that it's sad to lose him.

Geelong have no worthwhile picks this year - won't get much for Kirsten or Vardy and best current pick is the one they got from us for Walker/Jansen (now pick 40). May have to offload Motlop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back