Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgo played deep into 2020, coming off injury. Not selected for the finals and wanted out. Got well compensated.
CCJ was also tracking OK. Got an offer from NMFC we couldn't refuse.
Was thinking that we actually had plans for future tall stock in ccj and chol pity they couldn’t stay as theyre both better than what we got coming thru ,,, sadly

We clearly banked on trading in some KPP talent that hasn't panned out. Feels like no ones really moving these days unless you're a discard or late 20s free agent. Clubs with top talent have the cash to retain their elite young players now. There are no big fish to land. We really don't have much choice but to bottom out for a bit. Just need to make it count.

We clearly banked on trading in some KPP talent that hasn't panned out. Feels like no ones really moving these days unless you're a discard or late 20s free agent. Clubs with top talent have the cash to retain their elite young players now. There are no big fish to land. We really don't have much choice but to bottom out for a bit. Just need to make it count.
I blame the 18 Team competition for thinning out the availability of footy talent...just not enough available like it used to be...and Clubs are more canny now and top talent is well remunerated!
Scatters snagging Dangerflop, Jezza and GAJ back...must have been some brown paper bag$ involved!

Was thinking that we actually had plans for future tall stock in ccj and chol pity they couldn’t stay as theyre both better than what we got coming thru ,,, sadly
In a 2 KPF set up where we paid big money for Lynch. An aging Jack R and no Lynch for 23 was a taste of the future. Van Rooyen is the obvious miss.

Ryan could kick goals.

Balta is better down back but he's filling a spot. Lynch is going to take a while to get back to the pace of the game.

A huge need JUH would be a good fit with our list profile.

Kosi was not a hit. Draft a solid build guy like Gibcus is key, Drafting KPFs take time.

Hi guys, I normally post my stuff on boards for clubs that look like they may end up with a high draft pick. I hope you dont take this as a mortal insult. Also feel free to let me know if you're not interested.

I think many here would be happy for you to continue, been a while since a lot of us have had to do in depth research on top prospects

Hi guys, I normally post my stuff on boards for clubs that look like they may end up with a high draft pick. I hope you dont take this as a mortal insult. Also feel free to let me know if you're not interested.

Ty grab a bevy and make yourself at home , oh and don’t be a stranger , particularly interested in 6”4+

Ty grab a bevy and make yourself at home , oh and don’t be a stranger , particularly interested in 6”4+
Well Josh Smillie is 195cm tall... but not a key position player just a massive lump of a midfielder.

In terms of the key talls, some names to keep an eye out for:

Forwards: Jack Whitlock, Jonty Faull, Jobe Shanahan
Backs: Luke Trainor, Matt Whitlock, Noah Mraz
General everything tall (forward, back, ruck): Kayle Gerreyn

It's slowly shaping up to be a solid crop for talls, even though its still largely midfield dominated up the top end. The talls almost always come late so I expect it to change a lot as the season progresses.

I'll cover all those names with vision as we go along, and post them in here for you to check out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Josh Smillie is 195cm tall... but not a key position player just a massive lump of a midfielder.

It's slowly shaping up to be a solid crop for talls, even though its still largely midfield dominated up the top end. The talls almost always come late so I expect it to change a lot as the season progresses.

I'll cover all those names with vision as we go along, and post them in here for you to check out.
Good Onya mate much obliged

More than welcome to do so mate. I do expect (and hope for our sake) talls do emerge as the yr goes on, it seems they normally do.

Back