Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What will we do at the MSD?

Lachlan Hosie is the best forward not in the AFL ... big game player ... kicked four snags in the state game on the weekend ... 6 last year for Glenelg in the SANFL grand final ... and multiple SANFL goal kicking winner.

Just having turned 27 he is the same age as Marlion was when we took him ... and was taken by North in the same MSD draft in 2019 ... kicked 20 in ten games in VFL and 2 on debut as a 22 year old but delisted after the first year of COVID.

A medium forward at 6FT 2 (190cm) and at the height of his powers he is capable of playing immediately ... at worst he takes us to a VFL premiership this year ... at best he could kick 30 a season in the AFL for a couple of years.

Bauer is a backman ... Kosi is a backman ... Miller is a backman ... Balta is a backman and Fawcett has faarked his back and Lefau is a rugby player ... I am just going out on a limb and suggesting that maybe we should consider drafting a Forward to play forward!

You are not going to find a gun KPF in the MSD but we could add an actual natural forward (61 goals last year at 70% efficiency) who is ready to play now when the only true marking forward on our list is again out for the season
Hosie is definitely one which springs to my mind. He torched the opposition in the 2023 SANFL GF and looked to have a lot of AFL attributes compared to the rest including McBean who plays in the same side. Was on North’s list for a while but don’t think he played much, and possibly a bit old, but would be an upgrade on Kosi and Lefau in our forward line I reckon

Love this one,,have you or can you do one on tom gross
His oakliegh team mate ?? Thanks 😊
I had Gross in my top 10 at the end of last season. Started a bit slowly but there's heaps of time left.

We've got the academy game this weekend, then a bit of a break after that which will give me time to catch up on a few guys like Gross.

I had Gross in my top 10 at the end of last season. Started a bit slowly but there's heaps of time left.

We've got the academy game this weekend, then a bit of a break after that which will give me time to catch up on a few guys like Gross.
Thanks mate appreciate the great work you do

What will we do at the MSD?

Lachlan Hosie is the best forward not in the AFL ... big game player ... kicked four snags in the state game on the weekend ... 6 last year for Glenelg in the SANFL grand final ... and multiple SANFL goal kicking winner.

Just having turned 27 he is the same age as Marlion was when we took him ... and was taken by North in the same MSD draft in 2019 ... kicked 20 in ten games in VFL and 2 on debut as a 22 year old but delisted after the first year of COVID.

A medium forward at 6FT 2 (190cm) and at the height of his powers he is capable of playing immediately ... at worst he takes us to a VFL premiership this year ... at best he could kick 30 a season in the AFL for a couple of years.

Bauer is a backman ... Kosi is a backman ... Miller is a backman ... Balta is a backman and Fawcett has faarked his back and Lefau is a rugby player ... I am just going out on a limb and suggesting that maybe we should consider drafting a Forward to play forward!

You are not going to find a gun KPF in the MSD but we could add an actual natural forward (61 goals last year at 70% efficiency) who is ready to play now when the only true marking forward on our list is again out for the season
If we did recruit this guy it would stamp Cumbo's papers well and truly.

Hosie is definitely one which springs to my mind. He torched the opposition in the 2023 SANFL GF and looked to have a lot of AFL attributes compared to the rest including McBean who plays in the same side. Was on North’s list for a while but don’t think he played much, and possibly a bit old, but would be an upgrade on Kosi and Lefau in our forward line I reckon
Looks the purrfect fit for us up forward come the MSD...plug and play!

A first look at the intriguing talent of Kayle Gerreyn in 2024. Athletic, quick and agile for a guy his size, combined with clean hands and solid kicking skills off either foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another excellent performance in what's shaping up to be a big year for Taj Hotton. If this form continues, especially through the Champs season, then he'll have to be firmly in top 10 contention.

I thought Jack Callow looked OK in the SANFL vs VFL. Although I didn't watch the whole match.
Still only 21. What are the knocks on him?
In 2022 the well developed big man was rushed into the Hawthorn side after injuries to the senior side's big men Ben McEvoy, Max Lynch and Ned Reeves. A baptism of fire for Callow as he was pitted against the leading ruckman in the league, Max Gawn of Melbourne.[3] He was selected again the following week before being dropped back to Box Hill.

I thought Jack Callow looked OK in the SANFL vs VFL. Although I didn't watch the whole match.
Still only 21. What are the knocks on him?
That was the bloke who was expected to be taken in the ND a few years ago but was overlooked in both the ND, RD and SSP. Got a chance with the Hawks in the MSD but did little. The knock at the time was that he was a big lump of a lad that could mark and kick but little else. Not athletic enough for top level.

This kid has just made vic country squad and is Richmond nga according to pre
Has the stupid top 40 call and u cant match still.in place.
tigers so far worst nga in Australia produced sweet thuk all.
View attachment 1956632
View attachment 1956634
Coming from a long way back ... 4 handballs in the Vic Country Diversity game last year ... has been training well leading up to his selection in the Vic Country squad this year .. very unlikely to be taken in Top 40

Back