Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Short should be a good trade picks wise. If they really are offering the $ suggested he will go for a first rounder. That he is uncontracted won't make a difference. It only does when the player doesn't give a shellgrit for his old club. Bakes is a genuine tiger. He won't let us get ripped. Eagles or Freo will have the pay a fair price. If they compete tehn maybe a more than fair price.

If Graham goes FA then a 2nd seems about right. If Broad goes FA as well then we start to get into the first round calculations. I have no idea but would the 2 of them get to proper 1st round compo? If they did then this year is the one to let them go. 2 top 5 picks would be amazing. This sort of thing doesn't happen much though.
Broad is contracted to 2025
Short under contract as well till 2027

Please explain
Geelong had the rub of the green tonight
I actually felt sorry for the Carlton players in a few instances so that’s saying something because I ******* hate Carlton

I actually felt sorry for the Carlton players in a few instances so that’s saying something because I ******* hate Carlton
Carlton had 4 more free kicks than Geelong
You should be banned for life saying you feel sorry for Carlton,,,,* Carlton

Carlton had 4 more free kicks than Geelong
You should be banned for life saying you feel sorry for Carlton,,,,* Carlton
it’s not always just about the count my friend

Baker is a very good player, but he is a small utility who is not really an elite midfielder in any area and is uncontracted so you don't have the premium added when trying to pry out a contracted player.

If the roles were reversed and we were the ones with 3 R1 picks and were chasing a small utility what would you honestly offer as a trade? There is no way you'd give your first pick no matter how much dick you'd sucked and you'd be trying your best to only give up your 3rd R1 pick, which is what I expect Fremantle will be looking at doing. That being said that 3rd pick could be anywhere between 11-18 depending on how the season unfolds so we could still end up with a very good pick for Baker leaving, but I don't believe we'll end up with what some are hoping we'll get.
Who cares what his position is !!
He is a 3x premiership player thats vice captain and being offered $850k+ a year
Your being silly by under playing Bakers value

Who cares what his position is !!
He is a 3x premiership player thats vice captain and being offered $850k+ a year
Your being silly by under playing Bakers value
What would you like Richmond to pay if the roles were reversed? We both know it wouldn't be our best R1 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its got nothing to do with what i would like its more what he is worth

Pick #10 is his value
Guess we'll have to wait and see.
We paid 6 for prestia , cerra went high, <10 . Bakers credentials stack up very well against both , what did saad go for ?
Prestia and Cerra are totally different players to Baker. As for Saad, Carlton overpaid when they traded for him which isn't surprising given the way they were throwing picks around back then. As I've said we'll get a R1 picks for Baker, but I don't believe it will be as good as many are hoping it will be.

I stopped watching the game at half time the umpiring was so bad.

The rules of the game are so broken at this point. Push in the backs are only called in about 1/4 of the situations where it happens. Same with HTB, incorrect disposal.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Prestia and Cerra are totally different players to Baker. As for Saad, Carlton overpaid when they traded for him which isn't surprising given the way they were throwing picks around back then. As I've said we'll get a R1 picks for Baker, but I don't believe it will be as good as many are hoping it will be.
Prestia & Cerra were top 5 picks being traded at 23.

Baker is a rookie listed player who became a gun and is 26.

The difference in the value is right there.

I stopped watching the game at half time the umpiring was so bad.

The rules of the game are so broken at this point. Push in the backs are only called in about 1/4 of the situations where it happens. Same with HTB, incorrect disposal.
Yeah I don’t blame the umps specifically either

The afl have created such a convoluted set of rules with grey areas that almost in any bit of play you could technically call a free kick that could go to either side

It’s impossible to officiate consistently in a framework that relies so heavily on an individual’s interpretation, it doesn’t help that players are constantly trying to fool umpires as well but that is just also a symptom of the framework

Hello tigers, will you be after players like Perryman, Cumming, Hayward?
All are free agents, some unrestricted.
I'd take Perryman in a heartbeat. Absolute gun but a bit injury prone. Don't know if you would bother picking up a Hayward type in the situation we are in. He seems more of an Essendon type player. Cumming is interesting but we have similar types on the list so probably not.

Back