Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

None seem genuine goal kicking small forwards IMO.

All more suited higher up the ground.
This guy is a genuine SF and has quick hands and like a vacuum cleaner at ground level. Was very light as an 18yo and impressed me on Sat against . He's the best i'm aware of going round, but SF are not on my shopping list atm ;)

agreed, no point just picking for position if they are no good though, have to take best available, and if its a SF, then it still fills a need.
Exactly, but Charlie Cameron or Rankine would struggle in our team atm mate. The balls got to get there first and you need a tall to support them with aerial work and big body support as atm it just gets marked or punched away or run out easily as the smalls are easily negated.

This guy is a genuine SF and has quick hands and like a vacuum cleaner at ground level. Was very light as an 18yo and impressed me on Sat against . He's the best i'm aware of going round, but SF are not on my shopping list atm ;)

Yeah but we have plenty his size though dude, we need KPP big men more especially up forward because we currently have no one to kicks goals up there atm.

I reckon we also need a genuine small forward
Ya gaggin aren’t ya , what’s coulthard a bowl of goldfish
We need kpp so we can build a structure , you can’t build on a flashy 6p small forward
I’d actually get in 2 kpp prospects with aim that hopeful one of them turns out
I actually haven’t heard of any mids as msd prospects,,, steer clear of flankers , one would not have any better claims than cumbo who we can’t fit , believe it or not

Last edited:
I guess it is a bit like Lefau in some ways. Brindley's playing style does not have an obvious plug and play role in the AFL team, he is a bit of a unique player. What I have noticed about him is although of only welter weight conformation, he is very good at getting his hands on the ball in aerial and ruck contests and other contests where the ball is bouncing around and he has seemingly been out-bodied.

Our VFL listed players are amazing - to the extent we are 4w 1l in a season where we have a decimated AFL list and now roughly 3-4 of our best VFL listed guys missing as well. There must be a reason these guys are coming to our VFL system to play their footy for peanuts. I am guessing that reason is they are being told, and they believe, there is a very real chance they will get drafted at some point.
Yep I don’t doubt oppo will be scouring our vfl , don’t forget mutaz

We need kpp so we can build a structure , you can’t build on a flashy 6p small forward
I actually haven’t heard of any mids as msd prospects,,, steer clear of flankers , one would have any better claims than cumbo who we can’t fit I.
Coulthard is not a small forward.

I actually haven’t heard of any mids as msd prospects,,, steer clear of flankers , one would have any better claims than cumbo who we can’t fit I.
A winger or HHF

Name one genuinely dangerous small forward on our list? I'll wait.

Now before you give it to me dry, I aint saying its top of the list priority, but MSD, you dont go looking for a type to fill a need, you pick the best available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s arguable I think his skill set could fill that role quite well however I don’t mind him up the ground , heck id just like to see him in the bloody side
To answer the Q in any case mrj has that role for the time being
Even if you are right, he doesnt play there.

We are now seeing MJR play higher up through the midfield.

I am talking a genuine goal kicking threat inside F50. We dont have a small forward capable of kicking 25 goals a season.

There is bugger all info on Will Bella, but he's ready made physically and still very young.

Weaknesses are endurance and agility, endurance can be helped but agility is much harder to improve significantly.

If he brings his sister, I think I can live with it.

There is bugger all info on Will Bella, but he's ready made physically and still very young.

Weaknesses are endurance and agility, endurance can be helped but agility is much harder to improve significantly.

In terms of performances so far
I got
Scaife no 1
Howe no 2 really moves well not as bulky as other two but likely fill out
Bella ,,,only neg is that apart from day out v us ,,,pretty average

Even if you are right, he doesnt play there.

We are now seeing MJR play higher up through the midfield.

I am talking a genuine goal kicking threat inside F50. We dont have a small forward capable of kicking 25 goals a season.
Shai Bolton says hold my beer.

Sister ¿??

We are set to take Scaife or Howe. We can’t **** this up now. Get in a KPF in this draft and whatever we can get with our second pick and load up on elite midfielders in the National Draft. If Scaife or Howe were in the National draft they would be second round picks. Consider it bonus for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back