Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks noob. Is there a question over his disposal ? We want kids who can burst from stoppage and hit targets. He certainly looks a strong kid and can get the footy. I just wonder what his outstanding attribute is.
Yeah the main issue is lack of outstanding attributes/hurt factor. I wrote this up at the end of last season:

Tom Gross - 180cm mid. Looks and plays a bit like Rory Sloane. Tough and brave inside mid with some outside dash. His approach is admirable and he’s solid at most aspects of the game but perhaps lacks the kind of outstanding traits that would have him taken at the pointy end of the draft. Might find himself sliding a bit if he doesnt find a way to separate himself from the huge pack of similar mids in this draft, especially playing alongside O’Sullivan and Smith in what will be an incredibly stacked Chargers midfield.

You can have 2 of the following 3 predominatly inside mids. Pick your 2.

Jagga Smith 181cm 70kg mid. Dynamic and elusive inside mid who will probably go earlier than the other 2 below. Highly skilled.

Josh Smillie 194cm 92kg mid. Monster mid who loves and dominates the contested ball. Sharp disposal. High footy IQ.

Sam Lalor 187cm 88kg mid. Bull like inside mid with clean hands. Can also go through the forward line.

All are ranked top 10.

1714559634050.jpeg

To have 3 picks in the first round with a couple of early 2nd rounders would be our best draft hand since 2004.
A much better talent pool this time, so should be able pick up some decent players.

Matching a bid for Zayden Lockwood (NGA) later in the draft would top the draft perfectly. Some draft watchers have him ranked in the 30s.

To have 3 picks in the first round with a couple of early 2nd rounders would be our best draft hand since 2004.
A much better talent pool this time, so should be able pick up some decent players.

Matching a bid for Zayden Lockwood (NGA) later in the draft would top the draft perfectly. Some draft watchers have him ranked in the 30s.
I think this year you cant match bids until after pick #40

Nah same as Dusty and wears the same number

Check him out even looks a young dusty
Yup just what Dermott said...bit of a waddler...lacks speed...very ordinary kick...loose marker of the footy...does not impose on the contest...vanilla...must be better out there!

What age bracket to we deem acceptable at our stage pf list regen if looking at trades?

Max age 23/25?

I wouldn't be surprised if the club has some irons in a few fires given our plethora of picks.

Ned Moyle GC
McLuggage Bris
Bailey Smith Dogs

Just a few players that could be of interest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What age bracket to we deem acceptable at our stage pf list regen if looking at trades?

Max age 23/25?

I wouldn't be surprised if the club has some irons in a few fires given our plethora of picks.

Ned Moyle GC
McLuggage Bris
Bailey Smith Dogs

Just a few players that could be of interest?
25, 26 max IMO.

Can't see McLuggage leaving and Smith would cost way too much pick wise. I'd rather we chase Battle, Florent, Cumming and Perryman.

25, 26 max IMO.

Can't see McLuggage leaving and Smith would cost way too much pick wise. I'd rather we chase Battle, Florent, Cumming and Perryman.
I dont disagree with any of that but would Smith cost anymore than a top 10 pick? Coming off a knee and poorish form in 2023

Mid 1st is probably his value but I don't think we should or will be offloading 1st round picks for any players.
Only 23, elite when up and running, known quality v draft gamble. If we end up with 3 first rounders, I would 100% use one on him if he's not too much of a "risk"

Only 23, elite when up and running, known quality v draft gamble. If we end up with 3 first rounders, I would 100% use one on him if he's not too much of a "risk"
Yeah he looked like becoming one of the best players in the league after his finals series a few years ago but then he dropped off, did a knee and has had some mental health issues and apparently now not getting on with the club.

I'd be steering clear.

Not sure why we would even consider trading someone in this year. Would rather try and move up the draft order and getting kids into the club. A mature fringe player from another club would just keep a kid out of the side longer.

Would have to be a steal and cost us nothing, the only spot i see would be a key forward or another key back considering Gibcus injury worries.

We need to look at the expansion club lists and pick the stockpile they have in surplus. For me it's GWS - Conor Stone and GC Suns - Joel Jeffrey
Yeah I think we should be looking at a young role player or two that won't cost a lot. Something we haven't even tried to do for years (apart from Kozi).

Saints got Liam Henry for a future 2nd
Blues got Acres for a future 3rd
Dees got McAdam for a late 2nd rounder
Blues got Hollands for a 4th round pick
Hawks got D'Ambrosio for 61 and a 4th
Pies got Bobby Hill for a 2nd rounder

etc.etc.

Even though it was ultimately a losing effort, this was possibly the most outstanding individual performance of the season so far in the talent league. Anderson willed his team back into the contest almost single handedly in the second half, dominating stoppage, laying bone crunching tackles and even chipping in with a couple of goals.

Some talk that it will be back to the top 20. But then the AFL realise that Richmond have a decent prospect and so they won't change.
IDK why they don't just make bids matchable after the first round? Everyone gets a chance to pick whoever they want, then. After father/son bids or other academy bids, that probably pushes out to around 25.

If you traded your pick, or picked someone else, that's on you.

Yeah I think we should be looking at a young role player or two that won't cost a lot. Something we haven't even tried to do for years (apart from Kozi).

Saints got Liam Henry for a future 2nd
Blues got Acres for a future 3rd
Dees got McAdam for a late 2nd rounder
Blues got Hollands for a 4th round pick
Hawks got D'Ambrosio for 61 and a 4th
Pies got Bobby Hill for a 2nd rounder

etc.etc.

Whether they end up any good or not, I'm a trifle annoyed that we weren't in the conversation for trading for a few players that went reasonably cheap:
Elijah Hollands,
Jye Caldwell
Liam Stocker

Even though it was ultimately a losing effort, this was possibly the most outstanding individual performance of the season so far in the talent league. Anderson willed his team back into the contest almost single handedly in the second half, dominating stoppage, laying bone crunching tackles and even chipping in with a couple of goals.

Sheet kick of the footy...lots of air on the kick...ripe for intercept!
Bit rough in tackling...drove one of his oppo in the back...straight into the ground...ump was blind sided!
Kid is rough as guts...but give him his due...is always where the ball is!

Back