Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its rare to see such a large discrepancy between and individual and team performance. In a game in which his Chargers team were belted by nearly 100 points, Jagga was unstoppable for most of the day, slicing through stoppages like a surgeon with a scalpel and setting up his team with opportunities they failed to capitalize on. The one criticism you could make is that he contributed to the lack of defensive pressure around the footy by Oakleigh, only laying one tackle for the game.

My view on Jagga is that we have a version of him already in Shai Bolton.

Jaggas ability to move around the contest and evade defenders is going to be something else. He’s got that freaky ability to get out of places that most get caught in.

My view on Jagga is that we have a version of him already in Shai Bolton.

Jaggas ability to move around the contest and evade defenders is going to be something else. He’s got that freaky ability to get out of places that most get caught in.
Who wouldnt want 2 Bolt ons ;)

Joe Berry has been one of the most consistent goal scorers in this years talent league having registered four majors in three of his four games for the Bushrangers. He's giving Isaac Kako a run as best small forward in this years national draft, ticking all the boxes for a modern small forward. Nice size, quick off the mark, able to anticipate and crumb a ground ball at pace and adept overhead, not to mention a sharpshooter around goal.

Joe Berry has been one of the most consistent goal scorers in this years talent league having registered four majors in three of his four games for the Bushrangers. He's giving Isaac Kako a run as best small forward in this years national draft, ticking all the boxes for a modern small forward. Nice size, quick off the mark, able to anticipate and crumb a ground ball at pace and adept overhead, not to mention a sharpshooter around goal.

Thanks noobs. Appreciating your inputs.

Looking at norfs list, they don't actually have that many mids.

Thomas has been delisted, Zurhaar will likely leave, ditto LDU, Will Phillips is a dud.

That just leaves Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Simpkin and Powell, and all bar Simpkin are small / slight. Smillie makes a lot of sense for them

Lets assume our first pick is 2-4
Suns have picks 8,9.

Would we trade our first for those 2 picks?

we then bundle up some later picks to Blues or Lions

Bake traded for another first

We could end up with 4 picks inside 15 ish
From what people have reported and posted its a very even draft that is midfielder heavy
I would rather keep our selections as is incase we get 2-3 kids that jump up and break away from the pack closer to the draft.

But if we finish #4 -#5 range it becomes interesting with Gold Coast wanting to get ahead of the Lombard bid and expected top 30 bid for Marshall

Twomey on Gettable mentioned that Smilie is the very likely number 1 pick and made the comparison to Tom Green, and that of all the teams near the bottom he suits Richmond the most. Twomey wondered if Richmond would consider trading up

Hope he goes no.1 with us hopefully ending up with O'Sullivan.

Any recruiters who doesn't take O'Sullivan no.1 deserves to be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the most impressive inside mid displays we've seen so far this season. Lindsay spent a decent amount of time in the forward line, but whenever he was in the midfield he had it on a string racking double digit clearances. His kicking wasnt always accurate, but he was attacking and direct pumping the ball inside 50 ten times.

One of the most impressive inside mid displays we've seen so far this season. Lindsay spent a decent amount of time in the forward line, but whenever he was in the midfield he had it on a string racking double digit clearances. His kicking wasnt always accurate, but he was attacking and direct pumping the ball inside 50 ten times.

Wanted to know, do you happen to have knowledge of the truly elite kicks of this draft.
Who are the best kicks of the draft? And in some cases you can pick these guys up in the second and third round. Looking at people like Kane Farrell at Port Adelaide for example. Pick 51, but a monstrous and elite kick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wanted to know, do you happen to have knowledge of the truly elite kicks of this draft.
Who are the best kicks of the draft? And in some cases you can pick these guys up in the second and third round. Looking at people like Kane Farrell at Port Adelaide for example. Pick 51, but a monstrous and elite kick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm not focused on the deeper end of the pool at the moment. At the top end, Finn O'Sullivan's field kicking is elite. I want to see more from him but Joe Berry's conversion in front of goal and setup kicking for his teammates has impressed me so far.

Same as last year but what would it take to get Gollant from Adelaide? Can't get a game behind Tex, Fog and even Himmelberg now. Probably our 1st 3rd rounder? Much better hands and more aggressive than Kosi and younger I believe. Plus scores goals

From what people have reported and posted its a very even draft that is midfielder heavy
I would rather keep our selections as is incase we get 2-3 kids that jump up and break away from the pack closer to the draft.

But if we finish #4 -#5 range it becomes interesting with Gold Coast wanting to get ahead of the Lombard bid and expected top 30 bid for Marshall
marshall is a lions acadamy player not sons

Not a high standard of footy played here...Berry strikes me as a pure outside playa! Opportunist finisher! Fast...hungry as!
Like to see him play against quality oppo...see how he copes!

The right word to use here...impressive! Kid is impressive...could grow/develop into summit special!
Roves the pack as good as any footballer I have seen! VG kick...needs to work on his accuracy...but thats ok cos he was always flat out from winning the ball! Very smart...not a physical bustling playa...has speed and a footy brain...just knows what to do...love him as a small forward! Geez the way he runs through a pack of players as if they are not there!

Back