Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I loves bakes but he’s not gonna be a huge loss. He does pick and choose when he turns up and he’s not super classy.
Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

Bakes is one of the few that busts his ass every week.

Why 22 and not 20?
The Roos had 2 end of R1 picks that they had to trade last year which they did. As such our R2 pick drops down 2 picks.

I get all that, I just feel that having all our picks in 1 draft is a waste. I'd rather we spread the haul of kids over 2 years. Also makes list management easier down the track as you're not trying to re-sign 4-5 first round kids at the same time
Why is it a waste ??

These kids have 10-13 years ahead andd list management would not be an issue

Still way overs, the BFF Gold Coast fan will be posting that as delusional.

Since when has there been a deal struck that is so one-sided?

Reckon more likely GC would offer their 2nd first rounder and pick 20 and want some late picks back, so they can get in before the bid on Lombard.
When you are chasing an uncontracted player like rioli which is the missing piece of the stacked GS side you pay overs
specially with Lombard being a top 10 academy bid these picks are useless to Gold coast and they are only good to trade up or trade out

Why is it a waste ??

These kids have 10-13 years ahead andd list management would not be an issue
All I'm suggesting is spreading the draft picks across 2 seasons rather than taking them all at once. We don't really lose anything as we still get the same amount of kids coming in. At the same time having 2 x R1 picks next year opens up opportunities at the trade table if someone unexpected becomes available.

All I'm suggesting is spreading the draft picks across 2 seasons rather than taking them all at once. We don't really lose anything as we still get the same amount of kids coming in. At the same time having 2 x R1 picks next year opens up opportunities at the trade table if someone unexpected becomes available.
So basically everything is the same but you are suggesting making a trade for a player we may need 2 1st rounders

Dont think we should be thinking about trading out picks to get talent in for the next 3 years

So basically everything is the same but you are suggesting making a trade for a player we may need 2 1st rounders

Dont think we should be thinking about trading out picks to get talent in for the next 3 years
I'm not suggesting 2 x R1 picks for anyone. What I'm saying is that having the 2 picks means we could trade 1 next year for a ready made player looking for a return back to Melbourne and still have a pick to add a quality kid. Ideally though we'd take 3 x R1 in this draft and 2 x R1 in 2025 if we were to lose both Baker & Rioli.

As I mentioned this morning, I'd rather we don't lose either, however if one or both were to ask to move then I'd send them on their way. I only want players at the club that have bought in to what Yze is selling. The club has lost players it wanted to keep previously and we survived, so if anyone wants out then let them go and move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2, 22, 30, 40, 41, 48, 58, 70, 73
wtf

how is the second one only 22 when other clubs always get at least 3 picks in the top 10 when they bottom out

gagf

When he is out of contract. Go and look at the tape fool.
😂 What? Baker has been as tough as nails his whole career and is a very good user of the ball. We have sorely missed his competitiveness that last 2 weeks.

He was awarded the most courageous player in the AFL which is voted on by his peers.

You're wrong on this one.

When you are chasing an uncontracted player like rioli which is the missing piece of the stacked GS side you pay overs
specially with Lombard being a top 10 academy bid these picks are useless to Gold coast and they are only good to trade up or trade out
He is not Jezza,so not worth those picks. Also Gold Coast will want to move picks to next year also as they have 4 more top prospects in their academy for 2025

Dimma whingeing about being disadvantaged LOL

Miller could be one to keep an eye on there. He is going pretty well, if he keeps it up and someone makes a big(in Miller terms) offer then possibly a rd 2 pick could result from that.

We'd probably be better off making him a deal he is happy with though.
We really need to keep him, tall defenders are hard to come by

He is not Jezza,so not worth those picks. Also Gold Coast will want to move picks to next year also as they have 4 more top prospects in their academy for 2025

Dimma whingeing about being disadvantaged LOL
Jezza was a free agent and cats thought they would get him as a free agent and committed to him and could not back out and had to trade to get him.

Gold Coast are going in eyes wide open and know 1 pick wont get it done
They also need points for this year and will lose their 2 first picks other wise they dont get Rioli - Simple we keep him

Jezza was a free agent and cats thought they would get him as a free agent and committed to him and could not back out and had to trade to get him.

Gold Coast are going in eyes wide open and know 1 pick wont get it done
They also need points for this year and will lose their 2 first picks other wise they dont get Rioli - Simple we keep him
Yes, Rioli is contracted. You can sugar coat it anyway you like be he is not worth anything close to 2 first rounders and pick 20

😂 What? Baker has been as tough as nails his whole career and is a very good user of the ball. We have sorely missed his competitiveness that last 2 weeks.

He was awarded the most courageous player in the AFL which is voted on by his peers.

You're wrong on this one.
Not doubting his courage. Hes not a consistent performer like a Taranto though.

Back