Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good young playa...not sure he exhibits or has the capacity to develop Cotch's hardness and toughness...can only hope!

Cotch was not a leader or as tough as he became when he was drafted

He went missing went it got tough , that was the knock on him .

He developed in the right environment but it did not happen overnight

Some people have very short memories

I know what you're referring to, but it's different to straight out telling them as was suggested.
Ok brisbane i want to make this really clear

Unless you do a pick exchange we will bid on Ashcroft but if you do the exchange we wont bid on him OK
its a bit like dateing mate you never gonna tell the girl you only want a 1 night stand straight out but end of the day you get to have breakfast and say goodbye in the morning

What’s stopping us bidding on Levi Ashcroft at pick 1 or 2 and Brisbane coughing up baulk points.

Could also use it to our advantage in the trade period to push Brisbane to trade with us to get the points they will need.

Also if Brisbane were to not match then we still end up with probably the one of the best pure mids in the draft.

The leverage of us bidding is what will
Ensure we get good value for our later round draft picks from Brisbane

They either give us top
Price for our picks or we screw them by bidding on Levi and they lose those picks anyway

It is a very real threat that we will use to our advantage

Brisbane will benefit from trading with us the most

#7/#8 traded for 40, 41, 51, 58 + F3 + F4
North & Eagles wont bid and we clearly wont if the trade gets done that then allows ashcroft to get to #4/#5

40, 41, 51, 58, + Brisbanes #45 + #60 should cover that bid
Then Lions want to get back into the draft and we can trade out #30 for their F2

This allows Brisbane back into the draft at #30 and #63 which would come into around 50

Am well aware of the progress of Chimp's career...

I'd love young Finn at TigerLand!

I also posted that imo young Finn wasn't currently built physically for the argy bargy just yet...and hopefully he develops!

Some people have very short attention spans...

That would be draft tampering and the AFL would not look kindly on it.
It’s not draft tampering if we genuinely have the interest in drafting Ashcroft…which in reality we probably very well will.

If Brisbane want to bring another elite father and son draftee in then they will be paying top price for him….unless we can be convinced otherwise to maybe look at another very good draftee who we would prefer to pick.

A bid placed at pick 1 is 3000 points to match. Pick 2 is 2517. Pick 3 is 2234 pick 4 is 2034. Pick 5 is 1878….then you get to pick 18 which is 987.

So in reality the difference between matching at pick 1 to pick 4 could be equaled to a late first round pick. Which could make it very hard for Brisbane to find that extra amount of points come trade time.

It’s not draft tampering if we genuinely have the interest in drafting Ashcroft…which in reality we probably very well will.

If Brisbane want to bring another elite father and son draftee in then they will be paying top price for him….unless we can be convinced otherwise to maybe look at another very good draftee who we would prefer to pick.

A bid placed at pick 1 is 3000 points to match. Pick 2 is 2517. Pick 3 is 2234 pick 4 is 2034. Pick 5 is 1878….then you get to pick 18 which is 987.

So in reality the difference between matching at pick 1 to pick 4 could be equaled to a late first round pick. Which could make it very hard for Brisbane to find that extra amount of points come trade time.
If we genuinely have an interest that's not a problem, it's the suggestion of telling Brisbane trade with us and we won't bid on him that would be considered tampering.

It's a fine line but something clubs would be very wary of crossing.

If we genuinely have an interest that's not a problem, it's the suggestion of telling Brisbane trade with us and we won't bid on him that would be considered tampering.

It's a fine line but something clubs would be very wary of crossing.
Well in that way of thinking if we do any trade at all with Brisbane this trade period then there will be questions…

Well in that way of thinking if we do any trade at all with Brisbane this trade period then there will be questions…
Not really. You can still trade with them, just don't make any suggestions in talks about Ashcroft

It isn't hard to do these deals of scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. In this case both Brisbane and us would win.

The AFL can't prove anything evil, as nothing evil happened. We preferred someone else, and Brisbane did smart trading.

I will be interested in what North do though. They probably want Trainor as they need a KPD. They don't need more mids, and they can get Trainor by pick 4ish. So I could see them trading. But who would trade with them for #1. We might, but why, this year?

However we could 'help' someone do that deal and get something back. Just a thought given where North is at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Cotchin was an absolute elite junior, he captained Vic Metro in under 16s, and he was a top 3 player in the comp in the 2012 season at like 21/22 years old.

Cotch was tough as from day one. Threw himself into contests few Tigers would, stop talking shit

Last edited:
I was referring to the comment that we tell Brisbane that we'll bid on Ashcroft unless they trade with us.
NOBODY / NO TEAM would ever tell any team that

You just need to interview the kid 1-2 times and tell his manager we intend to bid
its all done through them

Lol Cotchin was an absolute elite junior, he captained Vic Metro in under 16s, and he was a top 3 player in the comp in the 2012 season at like 21/22 years old.
Mate do some research

Cotchin was not even the captain of northern knights in his draft year , that was grimes brother

He went missing in the big games for Vic metro . Read the book on his draft year

Mate do some research

Cotchin was not even the captain of northern knights in his draft year , that was grimes brother

He went missing in the big games for Vic metro . Read the book on his draft year
I have not read the book but from what i remember pick 1 was always between Cotchin & Kreuzer
with a distant 3rd and 4th

Mate do some research

Yes I have. Henwas captain in under 16s Vic metro. He was an elite junior.

Everything I stated was true...

Here I give my thoughts on how things are shaping up in the years AFL National Draft. I cover:

• High level thoughts on the pool (depth, strength and composition)
  • My top 20 prospects pre-champs
  • Predictions for the champs series and some players to look out for

Trying something new here so thanks for watching and I hope its a worthwhile exercise.

Here I give my thoughts on how things are shaping up in the years AFL National Draft. I cover:

• High level thoughts on the pool (depth, strength and composition)
  • My top 20 prospects pre-champs
  • Predictions for the champs series and some players to look out for

Trying something new here so thanks for watching and I hope its a worthwhile exercise.

How do you rate Zaydyn Lockwood? Hoping he slides past 40.

Back