Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how highly we rate Lukoscious, he’s potentially once in a generation key forward. Brisbane’s likely to have pick 2, Carlton will likely go a King with their 1st you’d think at this stage. Lukoscious is probably the biggest talent to come out of SA since Gibbs. He's potentially the next Kernahan or Pavlich, it would not surprise if we’re busting our gut to get him in. Decent midfielders are available in every draft, tall forwards of the quality of Lukoscious, especially from SA, don't come around too often. Plug him in with Fog and McGovern long term and that's our tall forwards set for the next 10 years. Even then though I think all 3 picks and Lynch is too much, we’d want more coming back our way.
I'm thinking Carlton will go Sam Walsh/Bailey Smith at this point unless they end up with pick 1 having lost midfielders Gibbs and with Murphy on the downward spiral form and body wise.

I believe tank and disposal were his biggest knocks. His kicking is never going to be his most damaging asset, but he has improved markedly in that area since entering the AFL. I think the main issue with his tank is that he never really did much pre-season due to his cricket commitments. If I recall correctly, he was the wicketkeeper for the junior Vic state side.
And playing A grade Melbourne District Cricket for the MCC.

What’s this about giving Marc Murphy a few years to win a flag with us?

Really?

At his best Murphy is a gun. Injury hasn't really let him do that in recent times though. Off to have scans on his foot today as well I believe.

Let's say Carlton finishes last, Brisbane finishes second last, Melbourne finishes 8th, Sydney finishes 7th, and we finish fourth.

We would have picks 11, 14, 19, 37 and 64.

Let's say we keep Sloane, and amazingly get Mark Murphy as a free agent but not Jeremy McGovern.

Let's trade Sydney pick 19 and pick 37 for pick 12 which gives them more points for Blakely.

We now have picks 11, 12, 14 and 64.

Then we trade pick 12, our 2019 first round pick and Tom Lynch to Brisbane for pick 2 and their 2019 second round pick.

Finally we trade pick 2, our 2019 second round pick and pick 61 (and a promise to overpay Marc Murphy) to Carlton for pick one. They then know they will get free agent compensation that gives them pick 2 and 3.

Let's trade Essendon for Aaron Francis, though I don't know how. Pick 64 and a future third? That Brisbane second for Francis and Essendon's 2019 2nd?

Assuming all that stupidness happens that leaves us with Lukosius, picks 11 and 14, Aaron Francis and Marc Murphy. Plus we've theoretically kept Sloane.

We let Mackay, Hampton, Cheney, Otten and Dear all go.

Should I get out my PlayStation too? Bit of co-op multiplayer?

Should I get out my PlayStation too? Bit of co-op multiplayer?
Yawn.

That a pretty dull observation. Normally it's Vader that uses that strangely out of date put down.

I guess we could all just post the same s**t over and over again. That suit you?

Or was there any particular element you thought was unrealistic?

Yawn.

That a pretty dull observation. Normally it's Vader that uses that strangely out of date put down.

I guess we could all just post the same s**t over and over again. That suit you?

I love a good PlayStation trade.

But realistically Lynch isn't getting traded to Brisbane.
The FA compensation algorithm would never give Carlton a first round pick for Murphy as he's too old.
I don't think Carlton would give up pick 1 for anything except for enormous overs if they want Lukosius

We'd probably get to the stage of getting pick 11, 12 and 14. I also think we might finish below Melbourne considering our injury luck.

I also think it will be extremely difficult to trade players for high picks in this draft.

Isn't it widely considered that the McGoverns love our club? I have seen it reported that we bring Mrs McGovern over every year to brief the families of new interstate draftees on how well we look after young players and that they can leave their little ones with us in confidence.
That's adorable. Means squat though.

If we get Gov Snr this year you can all send me your hats to eat. Pure fantasy.

Yawn.

I don't think you can trade more than two future picks in a year.

Would it be worth going for Scharenberg if he doesnt sign with Pies?
Big question marks over his body I’d think. I’m amazed there’s no talk about Horlin Smith. He’d add midfield depth and seems to be able to be used as a utility player also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you can trade more than two future picks in a year.
Yeah, you're right. You can do a first, or a mix of other picks but not both.

I love a good PlayStation trade.

But realistically Lynch isn't getting traded to Brisbane.
The FA compensation algorithm would never give Carlton a first round pick for Murphy as he's too old.
I don't think Carlton would give up pick 1 for anything except for enormous overs if they want Lukosius

We'd probably get to the stage of getting pick 11, 12 and 14. I also think we might finish below Melbourne considering our injury luck.

I also think it will be extremely difficult to trade players for high picks in this draft.

Fair call.

There's been a tiny bit of discussion around Brisbane and Lynch, due to the fact they need the right kinds of leaders as well as new players coming through. I like him for them, but it's not that likely.

Considering there's already discussion around Carlton getting a priority pick, if Murphy went for decent money I think it could be a surprise what the algorithm comes out with. But again, you'd also hope not.

I think Carlton may actually prefer a mid or a King brother, especially if they though Lukosius was a long term flight risk. Getting a good pick or two as well might make sense for them.

I'm unconvinced by Melbourne. They have a lot of 50/50 games, and finishing more than 12 wins could be tough.

Im hoping the club and Bryce are talking to Murphy.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Come to SA

Get away from the Melbourne spot light

Be part of our elite development

Have a crack with Gibbs, Betts, Jacobs and some non ex-Blues as well

Seriously it’s not such a difficult sell.

If he wants guaranteed finals the next 3 years, it fits in nicely with our list profile before Betts and Jacobs and the like drop off.

Come to SA

Get away from the Melbourne spot light

Be part of our elite development

Have a crack with Gibbs, Betts, Jacobs and some non ex-Blues as well

Seriously it’s not such a difficult sell.

If he wants guaranteed finals the next 3 years, it fits in nicely with our list profile before Betts and Jacobs and the like drop off.
Not sure what his missus is like but if she is quality then she would let him have a couple years to enjoy the end of his career.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big question marks over his body I’d think. I’m amazed there’s no talk about Horlin Smith. He’d add midfield depth and seems to be able to be used as a utility player also.
I'm not, we were offered Horlin-Smith in the Dangerfield deal but chose Dean Gore instead on potential, as it turned probably Horlin-Smith would have been the better option. Horlin-Smith's biggest problem is his genuine lack of pace and we certainly don't need a slow mid with our current list.

I'm not, we were offered Horlin-Smith in the Dangerfield deal but chose Dean Gore instead on potential, as it turned probably Horlin-Smith would have been the better option. Horlin-Smith's biggest problem is his genuine lack of pace and we certainly don't need a slow mid with our current list.
ya think?

Dont think we will do FA with trades this off season

We will back youth to stand up

I do business with a bloke who is mates with Mcgovern snr. He says that a deal for gmcgov was ready to go last year or ealier for him to relocate to freo. Something happened within the freo ranks that changed the whole scenario. To do with lyon and fyfe. But it killed the fathers passion and the boys passion to complete their pact from children. They would play for the same club (meant to be freo), never the eagles, and raise the cup together. This pact formed in the back yard with their father. The only place left now for them to complete a 15 yr old pact is at the afc. He also said mcgovern senior is well informed and entrenched within local and country leagues and may be in line for a scouting position... with the afc. Working out of adelaide.

Also have heard of a possible deal in the works for a package of picks. Our first 3 plus a key player to brisbane for their first. I feel the player is lynch but have not been confirmed. Brisbane is sick of high end talent leaving after 2-3 years and can hedge their bets with more. Yet the feel is they want the picks as currency for trading even more established talent, like lynch. And cameron from last year. They no longer trust the draft...
Lynch is considering moving back to Melbourne for family reasons.

I doubt he will move further away to Brisbane, unless he gets a deal which is just too good to refuse.

ya think?
77. Dean Gore

77%20Dean%20Gore.jpg

Height: 183cm

Weight: 83kg

DOB: 26 June 1996

VFL Matches: 11

Recruited From: Adelaide (AFL)

2018 Interchange Club: St. Mary’s (GFL)

Profile:

After spending two years in Adelaide, Dean Gore has returned to the team that drafted him to play with some old teammates whilst aiming to play at the highest level possible to pursue an AFL dream. Gore had a great start to the preseason but unfortunately the former Crow suffered a heartbreaking knee injury that will likely see him miss the entire 2018 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back