List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a team sport, you do what is required for the team, if you don’t want to do that then see you later.

The issue with this quote is that assumes you have a competent coaching staff, and that what they ask you to do 'for the team' is actually for the team's benefit. When your coach is asking you to do something that actually negatively impacts both yourself and the team, e.g. moving Howard out of the backline where he was in career best form only for him to end up playing as a forward in the SANFL while 33 year old Justin Westhoff gets shoehorned into a KPD role at AFL level, there's a problem.

Doogs isn't terrible as a forward, but is clearly much better as a defender and as we are lacking in KPDs at the moment he should be developed as such. Similar to how we used to switch Dixon into the ruck as a bit of an X-factor on game-day, or throw Hoff up forward when the opposition's defence was undermanned to create a mismatch, Doogs should only be thrown up forward in thoses situations, or if literally all our other KPFs are out injured.

Would be devastated if we lost him or saw him waste away because of poor positional management. Really hope the club can pull the finger out and develop him properly.

Embarassment of riches?

Close to crowsfan delusions here.

They are average AFL defenders in an average AFL team.

"An embarrassment of riches is an idiom that means an overabundance of something" Wikipedia but take your choice of definition from wherever you want.

"13 AFL standard defenders" is what I called them. You actually agreed. Yes most are average AFL defenders in an average team, although DBJ, Clurey and Burton are arguably well above average.

The embarrassment of riches is that we have 13 of them. How many other teams have that number of AFL standard defenders?

And what exactly is the Crowfan delusion in what I wrote?

C4 has mentioned he has agreed to terms, just waiting for other stuff to play out, why, no idea....

Agreed to terms with whom? Port?

I saw Sam Gray was linked to St Kilda. I suppose with Martin and Papley likely to get to Carlton it doesn't leave much need for Sam. Maybe Gray and Ryder to St Kilda for something?

C4 has mentioned he has agreed to terms, just waiting for other stuff to play out, why, no idea....

I feel a bit off about this one, I think the reality of this one may very well be we have to wait and see if he signs or not. He may very well just get an offer he can't refuse compared to rarely being selected by hinkley.

I saw Sam Gray was linked to St Kilda. I suppose with Martin and Papley likely to get to Carlton it doesn't leave much need for Sam. Maybe Gray and Ryder to St Kilda for something?
They have pick 5 then pick 55 so they dont have much to play with unless they trade out players.

I feel a bit off about this one, I think the reality of this one may very well be we have to wait and see if he signs or not. He may very well just get an offer he can't refuse compared to rarely being selected by hinkley.

Hey I agree - especially as it isn't a done deal yet - almost waiting for the finals to finish..... not 100% at all in my head though, althoiugh C4 seemed to think it's approved, just waiting on 'something' - but will sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey I agree - especially as it isn't a done deal yet - almost waiting for the finals to finish..... not 100% at all in my head though, althoiugh C4 seemed to think it's approved, just waiting on 'something' - but will sign.

Yeah the information just seemed extremely vague by C4 honestly, my thoughts were he'd get a run in the finals to earn a contract and he hasn't exactly had the best two games add that suspension in.

I imagine we'll find out after the grand final at this rate. Hopefully Billy wants to stay and we don't lose the mongrel in him to the franchise.

St Kilda have been using Carlisle to convince Paddy to play for St Kilda. That would be a surprise for Paddy ;)

If the crows did sign Frampton we should take Liam Hemsworth off their hands, then try to lure his talented brother Chris from GWS.

St Kilda have been using Carlisle to convince Paddy to play for St Kilda. That would be a surprise for Paddy ;)

If the crows did sign Frampton we should take Liam Hemsworth off their hands, then try to lure his talented brother Chris from GWS.
Have they, or has some numpty just noted they used to play at Essendon together so assumed that is the case?

They have pick 5 then pick 55 so they dont have much to play with unless they trade out players.
I wouldn't say no to pick 5 for Sammy.

I would go hard for Joe Daniher.

It's the mo.

Essendon's forward line, while young, is a dangerous prospect.

-Burton, Lienert, McKenzie, Watts, Westhoff
-DBJ, Bonner, Broadbent, Hartlett, Garner
Embarassment of riches in the Defender department but as per the whole Hinkley reign maybe one good KPF if you lump them all together.
Yeah no I wouldn't be calling that an Embarrassment of riches. Has the capacity to become good, and has also shown it can be one of the best units too I wil acknowledge, but not an Embarrassment of riches

Was there a reason you didn't include Jonas in that?

What idiot would pay
What idiot would want to join that franchise?

What idiot would pay a spud like Motlop $600k to be in the reserves? Rockliff? What idiot waits until Rd 21 to try Marshall and Dixon together? What idiot drops Lycett for a do or die game because of ego? What idiot puts more games into Sutcliffe in 3 weeks than Frampton in 5 years? What idiot signs Ken to 3 more years because they are afraid he will go to GC Suns? What idiot chooses 2 captains? I could go on

For sure Crows are idiots and pay silly prices. But don't think they are alone in the idiot race

Here's an interesting little tidbit:

"The Eagles have picks 14, 22, and 32 and the points value of 22 and 32 is almost exactly equivalent to pick nine. If a club needing points for an academy player or father-son traded with the Eagles, they could offer something around picks 14 and 9 for Kelly. It’s got to be around what the Cats would ask for."

Generally, the club that facilitates a trade gets a bit more than just what the pick is worth. So let's say we trade 9 and 81 to West Coast for 22, 32 and 59.

Trade 27, 32, 61, 62 and 63 for Hately and 49 from GWS (this values Hately as worth Pick 11). This allows the Giants to trade their two first round picks to Melbourne for Pick 3 and still have the points for Green, because 27, 32, 61, 62 and 63 are valued at Pick 7...which is the equivalent of Pick 4 with the discount.

Use 22, 49 and 59 for Mead if he's bid on before 22. If not, use 22 in the draft, and use 49, 59 and 66 on Mead - we'd only be short 93 points which would drop us all of one place back in the 2020 second round.

Leaving us with Hately, Mead and Ladhams as our list changes for this year. With a possibility of Pick 22 as well.

This is what I'd do if we can't get Lukosius to nominate us.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting little tidbit:

"The Eagles have picks 14, 22, and 32 and the points value of 22 and 32 is almost exactly equivalent to pick nine. If a club needing points for an academy player or father-son traded with the Eagles, they could offer something around picks 14 and 9 for Kelly. It’s got to be around what the Cats would ask for."

Generally, the club that facilitates a trade gets a bit more than just what the pick is worth. So let's say we trade 9 and 81 to West Coast for 22, 32 and 59.

Trade 27, 32, 61, 62 and 63 for Hately and 49 from GWS (this values Hately as worth Pick 11). This allows the Giants to trade their two first round picks to Melbourne for Pick 3 and still have the points for Green, because 27, 32, 61, 62 and 63 are valued at Pick 7...which is the equivalent of Pick 4 with the discount.

Use 22, 49 and 59 for Mead if he's bid on before 22. If not, use 22 in the draft, and use 49, 59 and 66 on Mead - we'd only be short 93 points which would drop us all of one place back in the 2020 second round.

Leaving us with Hately, Mead and Ladhams as our list changes for this year. With a possibility of Pick 22 as well.

This is what I'd do if we can't get Lukosius to nominate us.
Sounds complicated. So trade 9 for Hately then get Mead with 27 and other picks.

The top 3-12 this draft are pretty even so I would still like a pick to get one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back